CANADIAN BEST EVER PANCAKES AND PANCAKE MIX
This mix makes the lightest and tenderest pancakes because it's made with soft low gluten cake and pastry flour (not self rising flour). It's also less expensive than bought pancake mixes and just as handy. Best of all, it takes just minutes to put together. Fresh or make ahead and frozen, pancakes are a delicious start to any day. Serve with favorite toppings or try nifty pancake sandwiches (below).
Provided by Olha7397
Yield 15 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- BEST PANCAKE MIX: In large bowl, stir together flour, milk powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until in fine crumbs.
- Transfer to airtight container; store in refrigerator for up to 2 months. Stir well before using. Makes about 15 cups.
- BEST EVER PANCAKES: In bowl and using fork, stir together 2 cups Best Pancake Mix, water, egg and nutmeg until blended.
- Heat griddle over medium high heat; brush with butter. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and brushing griddle with more butter as necessary, pour batter onto griddle; cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and bubbles break on top but do not fill inches.
- Using spatula, turn and cook for about 1 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. (Pancakes can be layered between waxed paper, wrapped well in plastic wrap and frozen in airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 weeks.) Makes nine 4inch pancakes.
- ONE MINUTE PANCAKE SANDWICHES: With pancakes in the freezer, it's easy to whip up a quick and nutritious portable breakfast the whole family will enjoy. Simply pop frozen pancakes into a toaster or toaster oven and warm through, then sandwich together with you choice of flavorful fillings. Serve with a glass of milk and you have a complete meal.
- PIGGIE IN A BLANKET: In nonstick skillet, cook 1 breakfast sausage over medium high heat, or microwave at High for 2 minutes, or until no longer pink inside. Spread 1 pancake with 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup; wrap pancake around sausage, securing with toothpick.
- FRUIT AND CHEESE: Thinly slice one quarter of an apple or pear and 1 oz. Cheddar cheese; sandwich between 2 pancakes.
- HONEY AND BANANA: Spread 1 tablespoons creamed honey evenly over 2 pancakes; top 1 with half a thinly sliced banana. Sandwich together.
- CREAM CHEESE AND RAISIN: Spread 2 tablespoons spreadable cream cheese evenly over 2 pancakes; sprinkle with 1 tablespoons raisins. Sandwich together.
- Easy Cooking Canadian Living's Best.
THE BEST EVER PANCAKES
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened., Preheat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 817mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
FLUFFY CANADIAN PANCAKES
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Stir in milk and egg yolk until smooth.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 158.5 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 324.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.7 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 503.6 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
BEST BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
The key to light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes from scratch? Don't overmix the batter-it should have small to medium lumps.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Pancake Recipes
Yield Makes nine 6-inch pancakes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Heat oven to 175 degrees. Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter or reserved bacon fat onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
- Using a 4-ounce ladle, about 1/2 cup, pour pancake batter, in pools 2 inches away from one other. Scatter with berries, if using. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven. Serve with Cranberry Syrup.
More about "canadian best ever pancakes and pancake mix recipes"
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #canadian #dietary #high-calcium #ontario #high-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make pancake mix at home?With your mixing bowl, you are going to need to beat the butter, egg and buttermilk together until they are completely combined. Then, you will need to add your pancake mix into the bowl, and whisk it together until combined, too.
How to make Japanese style pancakes?Just like that, you will have those beautiful viral Japanese style pancakes that we have all been dreaming about. With a large mixing bowl, beat the egg, butter and buttermilk together. Then add your pancake mix, and whisk together until completely combined.
What kind of pan should I use to make pancakes?Also, you will want a hot pan to start with, as the high temperature will jump start your pancakes, and get all of those ingredients working together to react with the batter.
How do you cook pancake batter on a griddle?Preheat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.