A simple and delicious cauliflower cheese recipe - a classic comfort food. This also makes a wonderful accompaniment to a vegetarian roast.
Provided by Jenny White
Categories Main course
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and place in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the cauliflower is almost tender, but still fairly firm. Tip into a colander and leave to drain.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook over a gentle heat for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add the milk, a little at a time, stirring well between each addition. Return the pan to a medium heat and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the mustard and two thirds of the cheese and set aside.
- Arrange the cauliflower in an ovenproof baking dish. Carefully pour over the sauce, ensuring the cauliflower is completely covered. Scatter over the remaining cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
MAKE A CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SIDE DISH
- Preheat the oven to 395 F/200 C/Gas 7.
- Enjoy on its own or as a side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 12 g, ServingSize 6 portions (6 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until just crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk and butter over medium heat. Whisk in the dry mustard and add some hot sauce, salt and pepper. Just before the milk comes to a boil, turn off the heat and stir in the pepper jack and goat cheese. When melted and smooth, stir in the cauliflower. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.
A classic heartwarming English dish served as a side for 4 or main with potatoes or bread for 2.
Provided by ButtercupBento
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Cauliflower
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cover the saucepan with a lid and steam cauliflower until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Whisk flour into melted butter; cook, stirring constantly until raw flour taste cooks off and mixture darkens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually whisk milk into butter mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Remove pot from heat; stir in Cheddar cheese. Season sauce with salt and white pepper.
- Stir steamed cauliflower into cheese sauce; season with salt and white pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Cholesterol 129.4 mg, Fat 43.9 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 27.7 g, Sodium 719 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
CAULIFLOWER GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: cauliflower, salt, eggs, vegetarian parmesan cheese, fresh basil, garlic powder, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, cheese, additional topping
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grate a cauliflower over a large bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the grated cauliflower and mix evenly. Leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour the cauliflower into a clean kitchen towel and wring the water out.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, and remaining ingredients, (except your cheese and toppings) stir until well mixed.
- Using a spoon transfer two hearty scoops of mixture to form each "bread slice" onto a skillet on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, each side.
- Add your cheese and any other toppings, allow a couple minutes for cheese to melt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 23 grams, Sugar 7 grams
Pop this classic side dish in the oven when you take your roast chicken out to rest, so there's no hot shelf juggling
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add 1 large cauliflower, broken into pieces, and cook for 5 mins - lift out a piece to test, it should be cooked.
- Drain the cauliflower, then tip into an ovenproof dish. Heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 7.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat and add 500ml milk, 4 tbsp flour and 50g butter.
- Keep whisking fast as the butter melts and the mixture comes to the boil - the flour will disappear and the sauce will begin to thicken. Whisk for 2 mins while the sauce bubbles and becomes nice and thick.
- Turn off the heat, stir in most of the 100g grated cheddar cheese and pour over the cauliflower. Scatter over the remaining cheese, and 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs if using.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 mins until bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.62 milligram of sodium
CAULIFLOWER IN CHEESE SAUCE
Posted for ZWT-6, this recipe comes from the Usborne Children's World Cookbook that gramma gave my son when he was first learning to cook. Any strong-flavored cheese will work in this recipe, such as cheddar, but if you are looking for an authentic Dutch flavor, choose either Edam or Gouda. The servings, cook & prep time are estimates.
Provided by Tinkerbell
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, rinse it well and then cut out the core. Cut the rest into four pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then add the cauliflower. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until tender. Drain and put it into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan, over low heat.
- Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon to make a smooth paste.
- Cook the mixture gently for a minute, then take the pan off the heat.
- Stir in the milk, a little at a time.
- Return the pan to the heat and let it cook on low for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir most of the grated cheese into the saucepan to melt. Season it with pinches of the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- When the sauce has melted, pour over the cauliflower and sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
- Place under the broiler for a few minutes and until the top starts to bubble and brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.2, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 42, Sodium 426.6, Carbohydrate 15.8, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 3.5, Protein 10.9
More about "cauliflower cheese recipes"
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE | ROAST RECIPES | GORDON RAMSAY …
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Roasts
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BAKE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
LOW-CARB CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE FROM COOKINGNOOK.COM
14 CHEESY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - EASY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE
12 EASY CHEESY CAULIFLOWER DISHES
BEST-EVER CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE | RECIPETIN EATS
CAULIFLOWER RECIPES WITH CREAM CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE BALLS RECIPE - THE COOKING FOODIE
10 BEST BAKED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE WITH MOZZARELLA CHEESE - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
GLUTEN FREE CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - THE FAMILY FOOD KITCHEN
EASY CHEESY LOADED CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE RECIPE
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - A CLASSIC BRITISH SIDE | GREEDY GOURMET
EASY VEGAN CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE | LOVE VEGAN LIVING
20+ CHEESY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
EASY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
EASY CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE – SMITTEN KITCHEN
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - PINCH OF NOM
EASY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - COOKING PERFECTED
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE BAKE RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
10 BEST CAULIFLOWER CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
20 CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPES - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
35 BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH CAULIFLOWER
CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI CHEESE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - LOVING IT VEGAN
EASY CHEESY CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
BAKED CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE - SKINNYTASTE
BEST CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BAKE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CAULIFLOWER …
CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS RECIPES
CLASSIC CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #side-dishes #vegetables #australian #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #cauliflower
You'll also love