CAULIFLOWER MAC 'N' CHEESE
I've written this recipe to serve 6, but it's easy to double up if you want to get into the batch-cooking vibe and get an extra meal or two in the freezer, or if you want to safely drop a dish on a neighbour's doorstep (just don't forget to back away once you've rung the bell. Social distancing, people!). You can get this prepped in the morning, ready to bake up for lunch or dinner. Happy days.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Put a large shallow ovenproof casserole pan on a medium heat with the butter.
- Trim, halve, wash and slice the leek and add to the pan. Stir regularly while you trim, slice and add the celery, then trim, chop and add the fennel, if using.
- Break the cauliflower into florets, then cut into 2cm-thick slices and finely slice the stalk and any nice leaves. Add the stalk and leaves to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft but not coloured, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes (5 if using macaroni). Reserving a mugful of starchy cooking water, drain the pasta and pour into a 25cm x 35cm baking dish (or divide between smaller ones), along with the cauliflower florets.
- Stir the flour into the veg pan for 30 seconds, then gradually pour in the milk, stirring all the time, followed by 500ml of water. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the mustard and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Let the sauce blip away until thickened while you coarsely grate the cheese.
- Stir the cheese into the sauce, then blitz until smooth with a hand blender, or in batches in a food processor.
- Pour over the pasta and cauliflower florets then, if you need to loosen it, add a little reserved pasta water - the sauce will thicken up as it bakes.
- Blitz your stale bread into crumbs in the processor (or smash up in a clean tea towel). Peel and grate the garlic. Pick the herb leaves, if using, and mix it all together with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Scatter the crumbs over the pasta, grating over more cheese, if you've got it, then bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477 calories, Fat 11.6 g fat, SaturatedFat 6 g saturated fat, Protein 21.8 g protein, Carbohydrate 75.6 g carbohydrate, Sugar 9.8 g sugar, Sodium 1.1 g salt, Fiber 5.8 g fibre
CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until just crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk and butter over medium heat. Whisk in the dry mustard and add some hot sauce, salt and pepper. Just before the milk comes to a boil, turn off the heat and stir in the pepper jack and goat cheese. When melted and smooth, stir in the cauliflower. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.
CAULIFLOWER "MACARONI" AND CHEESE
A healthier version of the classic comfort food... it won for "Best Mac and Cheese" at our annual cookout, kids love it, and you don't feel as guilty!
Provided by angelinamarie3
Categories Cauliflower Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set on paper towels to dry.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in heavy cream and cook until bubbling. Slowly add 1 cup Cheddar cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in the prepared baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over top and stir until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is fully melted, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.3 g, Cholesterol 71.8 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 283.9 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt.
- Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes. Serve.
CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE
Combine cauliflower cheese with macaroni and thyme for a comforting pasta bake that only takes 10 minutes to prepare
Provided by Katy Gilhooly
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Toss the cauliflower with the oil and half the thyme, and spread out on a large non-stick baking tray. Roast for 20 mins until softened and golden brown. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the macaroni following pack instructions. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, stir in the flour and mustard, and cook for 2 mins. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk and remaining thyme. Return to the heat and cook for 4-5 mins, whisking all the time, until you have a thick, smooth sauce. Remove from the heat for 2 mins, then stir in the cheddar and half the Parmesan.
- If the macaroni is sticking together, pour a little boiling water over it, then drain and add to the sauce with the cauliflower. If the sauce is a bit thick, add a splash more milk. Tip into a large, shallow baking dish, sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and top with the macadamias. Bake for 20 mins until cooked through and bubbling at the edges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 898 calories, Fat 45 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 78 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook sausage until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Cut sausage into small cubes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add flour and cook until a thick paste forms, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly mix milk into butter-flour mixture until sauce is smooth and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir 1 cup Cheddar cheese into sauce until melted and smooth.
- Spread cauliflower into the prepared casserole dish; top with macaroni, covering the entire surface. Stir cheese sauce into cauliflower and macaroni until well coated. Sprinkle 1 cup Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395.3 calories, Carbohydrate 31.2 g, Cholesterol 64.9 mg, Fat 22.5 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 17.6 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 489.4 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
SKINNY CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE
The savory version of having your cake and eating it too, this slimmed-down, super-creamy mac and cheese gets a veggie boost from 2 cups of cauliflower florets, which add wonderful flavor and texture.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat water to boiling over medium heat. Add cauliflower and macaroni; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until macaroni is tender. Drain; return to saucepan, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, stir milk, flour, mustard, salt, black pepper and red pepper with whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add cheese sauce to cooked pasta mixture; mix well. Spoon into baking dish. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over pasta mixture in baking dish. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Carbohydrate 47 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1/2 g
CAULIFLOWER & MACARONI CHEESE
- Cook the macaroni following pack instructions, adding the cauliflower for the final 4 mins.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then stir in the flour and mustard powder and cook for 2 mins. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time to get a smooth sauce. Add three-quarters of the cheese and some seasoning to the sauce.
- Drain the macaroni and cauliflower and stir into the cheese sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, then sprinkle over the remaining cheese and flash under a hot grill until golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 57 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 0.68 milligram of sodium
CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE
Somewhere between macaroni and cheese, British cauliflower cheese and a cauliflower gratin is this burbling dish of tangy, creamy cauliflower. Cauliflower florets cut into noodle-size pieces step in for macaroni in this pasta-less macaroni and cheese; they're roasted and draped in a mixture of melty Cheddar, heavy cream, garlic and cayenne. You could also add mustard, thyme or rosemary, or even caramelized onions, and swap out the Cheddar for Gruyère or another cheese. As the cauliflower cooks in the cream mixture, the cream thickens slightly and the cauliflower continues to brown. Serve it with a bright, crisp salad to offset the richness.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, spread in an even layer and roast until browned and cooked through but retaining some bite, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to an 8-inch or other 2-quart baking dish. (You could also bake this in individual ramekins; just mix the cauliflower with the other ingredients in a medium bowl before dividing.) Reserve 1/4 cup Cheddar. Add the remaining 1 1/4 cups Cheddar, heavy cream, garlic and cayenne to the cauliflower and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then top with the reserved 1/4 cup Cheddar.
- Roast until the cream has thickened, the cheese has melted, and some of the cauliflower is browned on top, 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
More about "cauliflower macaroni and cheese recipes"
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AND MACARONI RECIPE - KATE WINSLOW
Servings 6Total Time 55 minsCategory Cauliflower
- Heat the 3 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Add the flour and mustard and cook, stirring until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and stir until melted and completely smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, and keep it warm over very low heat.
- Meanwhile, using a strainer insert in a large pot of boiling well-salted water, cook the cauliflower until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Strain and set aside. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Add the cauliflower and pasta to the cheese sauce and stir to coat completely. Pour the mixture into the buttered gratin dish and top with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle some paprika over the dish.
MACARONI CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Main Course
10 BEST CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE | SIMPLY HEALTHY VEGAN
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - DONNA HAY
DAIRY-FREE CAULIFLOWER MACARONI & CHEESE | SIMPLY GLUTEN FREE
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
MACARONI CHEESE AND CAULIFLOWER BAKE RECIPE - GORDON …
THE BEST KETO CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - SO CHEESY! - KETOFOCUS
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - EASY LOW CARB
BAKED CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE - SKINNYTASTE
JAMIE OLIVER’S 30 MINUTE CAULIFLOWER MACARONI CHEESE
BEST CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE RECIPES | THE PIONEER …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
BAKED CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - SOUTHERN PLATE
CHICKEN AND CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE | RICARDO
THE BEST KETO CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - KETOCONNECT
BAKED CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE BEST CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE – CULTUREOFHEALTHEQUITY.ORG
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CAULIFLOWER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST MAC AND CHEESE SO I TRIED A RECIPE ADDING PUREED CAULIFLOWER …
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE | METRO
BAKED CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE | I HEART RECIPES
RECIPE: CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - KITCHN
KETO CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE » RECIPEKETO.COM
THE 10 BEST CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | CHOMPS
KETO CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE (6 INGREDIENTS!) - WHOLESOME YUM
BEST BAKED CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - FEELGOODFOODIE
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE
BEST CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE RECIPE (LOW CARB & KETO …
CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH VEGETABLES - HEALTHY …
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER BACON MAC AND CHEESE – EASY PEASY RECIPE
CAULIFLOWER MACARONI AND CHEESE | KITCHEN BASICS - MCCORMICK
You'll also love