BUTTERY CAYENNE PECANS
The low oven temp and long bake time allow these nuts to take on rich flavor without burning.
Provided by Natalie Chanin & Butch Anthony
Yield Makes 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Whisk butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, mustard powder, hot sauce, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add pecans and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer in a large cast-iron skillet or on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing occasionally, until pecans are well toasted and spices are fragrant, 25-30 minutes. These are pretty great served warm, or let cool.
- Do Ahead
- Pecans can be made 2 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
CAYENNE CANDIED PECANS
This is a recipe that I borrowed from a great friend and chef, Chef James. This recipe is easy and the pecans come out delicious. They have a slight sweetness from the honey, a salty, nutty flavor from the butter and of course the spicy cayenne kick. These are fantastic in salads or just by the handful.
Provided by desertgirlz3
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To toast the pecans, place evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees, checking often. They will burn quickly!
- In a 4-quart saucepan, place all ingredients, except pecans, and heat until mixture reaches 250 degrees. Turn off heat and add pecans to saucepan and mix well.
- Spread coated pecans evenly on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Check the pecans midway during cooking, give them a mix using a spatula, spread evenly on cookie sheet and continue cooking.
- Cool and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1046.1, Fat 101.6, SaturatedFat 21.4, Cholesterol 61.1, Sodium 746.6, Carbohydrate 39.1, Fiber 10.8, Sugar 27.6, Protein 10.5
These toasted nuts are crunchy and mildly seasoned. The cayenne pepper adds a little zing. -Phyllis Stanley, Avery, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne. Toss pecans with butter mixture; spread evenly in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan., Bake until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Store cooled nuts in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266 calories, Fat 28g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 220mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and 3/4 cup water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, then add the pecans and cook until glossy, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to the prepared baking sheet and let cool.
CAYENNE SUGAR NUTS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Beat egg white and water together in a separate large bowl until frothy but not yet stiff; add pecans and stir to coat. Season nuts with the sugar mixture and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven, turning occasionally, until the nuts are browned and no longer moist, about 30 minutes.
- Set baking sheet on a wire rack to cool nuts, breaking apart any nuts stuck together.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.5 calories, Carbohydrate 33.8 g, Fat 40.9 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 591 mg, Sugar 27.8 g
GLAZED SPICY CINNAMON PECANS
This makes a great gift. Put pecans in mason jar and tie lid with ribbon or raffia. My family and friends love them and request them every holiday. Easy and inexpensive gift. Adjust spice to your liking.
Provided by Arlene Verret Noble
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour butter over foil layer.
- Whisk sugar, egg whites, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Add pecans and toss to fully coat. Spread coated pecans on the buttered baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring and flipping pecans after 10 minutes, until pecans are toasted, about 20 minutes. Cool pecans on baking sheet for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 51.3 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Whisk in spice mixture. Stir in pecans. Spread coated pecans in a single layer onto the baking sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees. Rotate the sheets in oven, and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Immediately spread pecans in a single layer on clean parchment paper; let cool before serving or storing.
CINNAMON 'N' SPICE PECANS
Originally, these crunchy nuts were used to top a salad, but I adjusted the recipe so they could stand on their own as a snack. Cayenne pepper gives them a little kick, making the nuts a fun party starter or hostess gift. - Terry Maly, Olathe, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, salt and cayenne. Stir in pecans until evenly coated. , Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until pecans are toasted, stirring every 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 calories, Fat 24g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 149mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "cayenne pecans recipes"
BUTTERY CAYENNE PECANS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 50 secsServings 4
- Preheat oven to 300°. Whisk butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, mustard powder, hot sauce, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add pecans and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer in a large cast-iron skillet or on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing occasionally, until pecans are well toasted and spices are fragrant, 25–30 minutes. These are pretty great served warm, or let cool.
CAYENNE PEPPER PECANS - FOOD CHANNEL
Cuisine Cajun/CreoleTotal Time 15 minsServings 8
EASY CANDIED PECANS RECIPE - A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
SPICY COCOA GLAZED PECANS | RECIPES - HERSHEYLAND
CARAMELIZED PECANS (STOVETOP RECIPE) - STRIPED SPATULA
CAYENNE PECAN PIE - KARO
EVERY PARTY SHOULD HAVE THESE SWEET & SPICY PECANS ON THE TABLE
CAYENNE PECANS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CAYENNE SWEET AND SPICED PECANS - SPRINKLE OF GREEN
CANDIED CAYENNE PECANS RECIPE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
STOVETOP CANDIED PECANS - A SWEET ALTERNATIVE
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED PECANS - RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS
CANDIED PECANS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CAYENNE PECAN PIE - SPICE ISLANDS
SWEET AND SPICY OVEN ROASTED PECANS RECIPE | EASY WINTER SNACK
90 SECOND CAYENNE PEPPER PECANS - FOOD CHANNEL
MAPLE-ROASTED CANDIED PECANS | FEASTING AT HOME
CANDIED PECANS RECIPE | GIMME SOME OVEN
CANDIED PECANS RECIPE, SWEET AND SPICY - THE EVERYTHING HOUSEWIFE
MAPLE CAYENNE PECANS - AMERICAN INSTITUTE FOR CANCER RESEARCH
SWEET AND SPICY PECANS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
SWEET AND SPICY PECANS RECIPE (TRADER JOE'S COPYCAT)
CANDIED PECANS - A SOUTHERN SOUL
SWEET AND SPICY CANDIED PECANS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CANDIED PECANS RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
HONEY SPICED PECANS - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
THE EASIEST CANDIED PECANS RECIPE - COOKIES AND CUPS
NATURALLY SWEETENED CANDIED PECANS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
ROSEMARY PECANS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SAVORY SPICED PECANS WITH A SPICY CAJUN KICK! - EVOLVING TABLE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CARAMELIZED PECANS! - MOMMA LEW
QUICK AND EASY CANDIED PECANS - INSPIRED TASTE
ROSEMARY PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY CANDIED PECANS - PEPPERSCALE
SPICED PECANS - A FAMILY FEAST®
MEXICAN-SPICED CHOCOLATE PECANS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CANDIED PECANS WITH CAYENNE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
AIR FRYER SPICED PECANS - AIR FRYING FOODIE
SWEET AND SPICY CANDIED PECANS - THE DUCHEZ KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How much cayenne pepper do you use for pecans?I used almost a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 4 1/2 cups pecans in the mix since there was an ample amount of coating. I only used 3/4 stick of melted butter in the bottom of my lines baking sheet to avoid the pecans becoming too greasy.
How do you bake pecans in a baking sheet?Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour butter over foil layer. Whisk sugar, egg whites, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Add pecans and toss to fully coat. Spread coated pecans on the buttered baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring and flipping pecans after 10 minutes,...
What does cayenne pepper pecans taste like?Cayenne Pepper Pecans recipe. With a balance of salty, sweet and buttery herb, and a little kick of cayenne, it's all you crave in a snack wrapped up in a handful of pecans. Cayenne Pepper Pecans
What is the best way to make pecan cookies?Whisk sugar, egg whites, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Add pecans and toss to fully coat. Spread coated pecans on the buttered baking sheet.