This recipe is inspired by the thin, heavily spiced Pakistani patties known as chapli kebabs, which are typically drizzled with green chutney and served wrapped in warm naan. This version replaces naan with buns and welcomes the classic crunch of iceberg lettuce. But what really sets these burgers apart are the other flavorful toppings and condiments: thinly sliced onions, tomatoes and cucumbers, a creamy herbed yogurt, and tomato ketchup spiked with tamarind paste. Take a few extra minutes to put together the sauces - the mouthwatering tang, sweetness, creaminess and spice they'll add will make all the difference.
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Categories burgers, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place coriander seeds in a small saucepan, and set over medium heat. Swirling pan, lightly toast seeds for 2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat, and finely pound in a mortar and pestle with a pinch of salt (alternatively, use a spice grinder or small food processor). Add pomegranate seeds, and coarsely pound (it's fine if the inner seed does not break down). Scrape paste into a large mixing bowl.
- Add beef, onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, 1/2 jalapeño, pepper flakes, garam masala, cumin, 1/4 cup cilantro, egg and 2 teaspoons salt. Use hands to knead mixture until combined.
- Fry a quarter-size piece of the mixture, and taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and spices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture onto parchment into 6 balls, and flatten into thin, 4-inch-round patties.
- Set a large cast-iron pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When it shimmers, lay three patties into the pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side until browned, then set aside on a plate. Drain grease from pan, and wipe with a paper towel, then cook remaining patties. (Alternatively, grill burgers over high heat for 2 minutes per side until browned.)
- Serve immediately on toasted buns with tamarind ketchup, herbed yogurt and other garnishes.
PAKISTANI CHAPLI KEBAB
Chapli kebab is a form of kebabs widely popular in Pakistan. Mixed together with a South Asian blend of spices, the beef is flattened into circles and shallow-fried. The patty must have a charred exterior for an authentic look and flavor! Serve in a bun with pickled red onions or with a side of pita bread. Add my traditional raita (yogurt dip) to your beautiful platter!
Provided by Rookie With A Cookie
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium-high heat. Pour egg into the skillet; cook and stir until scrambled and set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine scrambled egg, beef, chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, mint, ginger-garlic paste, coriander seeds, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Mix by hand until well combined. Shape mixture into patties. Press a tomato slice into the center of each patty.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cook patties in the hot oil in batches until charred, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 116.1 mg, Fat 20.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 758.9 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, Italian sausage, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Form 8 balls out of the meat, and flatten into patties.
- Grill patties for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on buns with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.1 calories, Carbohydrate 3.7 g, Cholesterol 62.9 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 437.5 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
More about "chapli burgers recipes"
PAKISTANI CHAPLI BURGER - PALATABLE PASTIME
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine PakistaniCategory Main Course, Sandwiches
- Chargrill on an oiled mesh grate (the type where the meat won't fall through) until meat is done to your liking, preferably charred somewhat.
- Serve kebab on warm griddled nan rounds with lettuce, tomato slice, cilantro leaves, slices of onion and chutneys of choice,
CHAPLI KEBAB RECIPE (THE BEST!) - RECIPE52.COM
CHAPLI BURGERS | BB | COPY ME THAT
JUICY AFGHAN BURGERS - CHAPLI KEBAB — HOME - AFGHAN …
CHAPLI KABAB BURGER RECIPE BY RIDA AFTAB - HAMARIWEB
CHAPLI BURGER - LAREE ADDA
BEST CHAPLI KEBAB RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHAPLI KEBAB
CHAPLI BURGER RECIPE | LIVELY WEEKENDS | DESI FOOD - YOUTUBE
CHAPLI KEBAB BURGERS - ABRACASHABA
GRILLED CHICKEN CHAPLI BURGER – FOOD FUSION
CHAPLI KABAB RECIPE: PAKISTANI CHAPLI KABAB - RIGHT FOOD TASTE
CHAPLI BURGERS RECIPE - NYT COOKING - MASTERCOOK
FRIED CHAPLI BURGER RECIPE BY IRFAN WASTI - PAKISTANI CHEF RECIPES
CHAPLI KABAB RECIPE- FRIED AFGHAN HAMBURGER – AFGHAN COOKS
RECIPES: CHAPLI BURGERS
CHAPLI KABAB INSPIRED SMASH BURGER | CRESCENT FOODS
BEEF CHAPLI KEBAB - PAKISTANI CHAPLI KEBAB RECIPE - THE CURRY GUY
VEGAN PESHWARI CHAPLI KEBAB BURGERS - PLANT-BASED PASSPORT
CHAPLI BURGERS - MIDDLEBURY FOOD CO-OP
CHAPLI KABAB BURGER | HOMEMADE BURGERS, RECIPES, HOMEMADE …
BEEF CHAPLI BURGER RECIPE
CHAPLI BURGERS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHAPLI BURGERS RECIPE | RECIPE | FOOD, FOOD PROCESSOR RECIPES, NYT …
CHAPLI BURGER RECIPE | RIDA AFTAB | MASALA TV
CHAPLI RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
CHAPLI KABAB SLIDERS | PAKISTANI CHAPLI KABAB MINI BURGERS
CHICKEN CHAPLI BURGER RECIPE BY FOOD FUSION - YOUTUBE
CHICKEN CHAPLI BURGERS | HEALTHY RECIPE FOR KIDS | AREEBA’S KITCHEN
CHAPLI KEBAB | AMAZING HAMBURGER
CHAPLI BURGERS RECIPE NYT COOKING
SLIPPER BURGERS / CHAPLI KEBAB
CHICKEN CHAPLI BURGER – FOOD FUSION
CRESCENT FOODS CHAPLI-KABAB INSPIRED SMASHBURGER RECIPE
CHAPLI BURGERS | RECIPE CART
CHAPLI BURGERS RECIPE | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES, BURGER
CHICKEN CHAPLI KABAB BURGER RECIPE – BECOME CHEF
CHAPLI KABAB BURGER | CHAPLI KABAB - K&N'S PAKISTAN
CHAPLI KABOB BURGERS – NOM DU JOUR
CHICKEN CHAPLI KABAB BURGER – BECOME CHEF
CHAPLI BURGER RECIPE | MASALA TV
SPICY CHAPPLI KEBAB BURGER WITH GREEN GODDESS CHUTNEY
CHAPLI KABAB BURGER RECIPE | CHEESE STUFFED BURGER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a burger patty?Combine scrambled egg, beef, chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, mint, ginger-garlic paste, coriander seeds, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Mix by hand until well combined. Shape mixture into patties. Press a tomato slice into the center of each patty. Heat oil in a deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
What's the difference between a chapli kebab and a Burger?The burger patties were juicy and very flavorful, and tasted amazing with challaw. I was hooked. A chapli kebab in Afghanistan, and in much of the middle world, is essentially a small amount of ground meat formed into patties, and then grilled. While most kebabs are cooked and served on skewers, these chapli kebabs are not.
How to prepare chapli kabab spice mix?Chapli kabab spice mix is ready, you can store it in the pantry for few weeks or in the fridge for months. Take mince in a bowl, add onions, clarified butter, chapli kabab spice mix, green chilies, ginger, garlic, and fresh coriander, mix well.
How do you make Italian sausage and chili sauce burgers?Sausage and chili sauce add to the usual ground beef to make a great consistency and flavor for burgers. Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, Italian sausage, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Form 8 balls out of the meat, and flatten into patties.