CHEESE 'N' GRITS CASSEROLE
Grits are a staple in southern cooking. Serve this as a brunch item with bacon or as a side dish for dinner.-Jennifer Wallis, Goldsboro, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Cool slightly. Gradually whisk in milk, butter and eggs. Stir in cheese, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne. , Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 335mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 7g protein.
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Bring milk, water, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan; gradually sprinkle grits into the boiling liquid, stirring to combine. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir processed cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese, butter, and garlic powder into grits, stirring until cheese has melted. Let the mixture stand until cooled, about 15 minutes. Stir beaten eggs into grits; transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is lightly golden brown and the grits are set, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Cholesterol 96.6 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 727.1 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
- In a heavy pot, cook the bacon over medium heat to render the fat, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook with the bacon until the onions are golden brown and the bacon is chewy, about 5 minutes. Carefully add the chicken broth and 2 cups water. Whisk in the grits. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 25 minutes. Stir in the cream and cheese until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the grits according to the package instructions, adding the salt with the water. Turn off the heat just before the grits are done.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs. To temper the eggs before adding them to the hot grits, throw a couple of spoonfuls of the hot grits into the eggs. Begin stirring immediately and continue stirring until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the grits. Stir constantly to incorporate the eggs into the grits. Add the butter and stir until melted. Next, add the cheese and stir until melted. Add the cayenne and garlic and stir well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt or cayenne if necessary. You could also add more cheese if you think that will bring happiness to your life, but keep in mind that some cheeses increase the salt content more than others.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and pour the grits into the dish. Bake until the grits are hot and bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. The grits will become firmer as they cool.
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray shallow 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, heat water and salt to boiling. Slowly stir in grits; reduce heat. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and the butter until melted. Stir in eggs, milk and sausage.
- Pour grits mixture into casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake casserole uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 175 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 900 mg
HAM & CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, stir a small amount of hot grits into egg substitute; return all to pan, mixing well., Add process cheese, milk and butter; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in ham, green onions and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese., Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 1212mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
CHEESY GRITS CASSEROLE
Every summer we use to have a fish fry at my DH's grandparents. I was always asked to bring the grits and never went home with leftovers.
Provided by Lusil
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat water and salt to boiling.
- Gradually add grits and return to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, slightly.
- Add cheese, butter and eggs, mix well to ensure all of the grits are incorporated.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a light golden brown, about 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.1, Fat 26, SaturatedFat 16, Cholesterol 127.7, Sodium 703.7, Carbohydrate 16.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.5, Protein 17.5
CHEDDAR CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
Learn how to make Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook.
Provided by Southern Living Editors
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in butter and grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done. Remove from heat.
- Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set. Serve immediately.
CHEESE AND JALAPENO GRITS CASSEROLE
I LOVE GRITS! This is a great recipe and I like to serve this for breakfast with biscuits and gravy and then take a long walk or roll back into bed!
Provided by Diana Adcock
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a casserole dish-8 1/2 x 11 Place the hot grits in a large bowl and stir in the cheese, butter, cayenne, garlic, salt and jalapeno peppers.
- Whisk the eggs well and stir into the grit mixture.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake until set and lightly browned, around 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.6, Fat 27.5, SaturatedFat 16.4, Cholesterol 199, Sodium 622.2, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.8, Protein 16.7
More about "cheese grits casserole recipes"
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - EASY RECIPES YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE
CHEESE AND BACON GRITS CASSEROLE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CHEESY GRITS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
BAKED CHEESE GARLIC GRITS RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
CHEESEBURGER GRITS CASSEROLE FOR BRUNCH IS SO WRONG AND SO RIGHT
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE - BEST CHEESY BAKED GRITS
TASTE OF THE SOUTH: CHEESE GRITS RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - THE TRAVEL PALATE
CHEDDAR CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OVERNIGHT CHEESY GRITS CASSEROLE - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
HAM AND CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - THE BUTTERED HOME
CREAMY GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED GARLIC CHEESE GRITS | PAULA DEEN
OLD-FASHIONED GARLICKY CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE — THE OLD MILL
BASIC CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - WEISENBERGER MILL
PIMENTO CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
EASY CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE - MASHED.COM
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEESY GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE - BILLY REID | FOOD & WINE
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - EASY AND CHEESY | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
EASY CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE · THE TYPICAL MOM
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - THE BEST BAKED, CREAMY, CHEESY …
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - OUR SOUTHERN HOME
CHEESE GRITS (CREAMY, CHEESY GARLICKY BAKED DELICIOUSNESS!)
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE | SYRUP AND BISCUITS
CHEESY GRITS CASSEROLE - EASY TO CHEW
THE CREAMIEST CHEESE GRITS RECIPE EVER | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - CARNATION®
POLENTA CASSEROLE PIONEER WOMAN - SOLAR-HEART.COM
SOUTHERN CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
SEAFOOD AND CORN CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - FARM BELL RECIPES
BEST CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
10 CHEESE GRITS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PAULA DEEN GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #granola-and-porridge #breakfast #casseroles #eggs-dairy #oven #grains #cheese #eggs #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment
You'll also love