CHEESE & PESTO LASAGNA
A tasty cheese lasagna that comes out surprisingly light. Don't leave out the pesto; it's wonderful with the tomato sauce. Because we eat a lot of pasta at home, I usually have homemade sauce and pesto on hand, but packaged will work great here, too. Any finely shredded vegetables can replace the zucchini, such as eggplant, carrots, spinach or mushrooms. Freezes well.
Provided by Kirby
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Saute finely chopped onion in 2 Tbl. olive oil.
- Add shredded zucchinis into pan and saute until soft.
- Salt and pepper lightly.
- Add 1 cup of stock to vegetables.
- Set aside 4 oz. of mozzarella.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 8 oz. of mozzarella and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Fold 1/4 cup of basil pesto in ricotta mixture.
- Heat marina sauce in sauce pan.
- Add 1 cup of stock, and turn off heat.
- Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with tomato sauce.
- Place first layer of uncooked lasagna noodles on bottom of pan.
- Cover with thin layer of sauce.
- Layer one third of the cheese mixture, followed by one third of vegetable mixture.
- Save about 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture to dollop on top layer.
- Continue until last layer of noodles is placed.
- Cover with sauce and any remaining liquid.
- Dollop with remaining ricotta.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan for top, and bake for 15 - 20 more minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 by 9 by 4 baking dish and add a thin layer of besciamella (bechamel sauce). Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles, and then another thin layer of besciamella. Gently spread about 4 tablespoons pesto across the surface, and then top with about 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Repeat until you finish layering the lasagne. Top with a final layer of noodles and spread a final very thin layer besciamella, pesto, Parmesan cheese and a little butter to help the cheese crisp-up when cooked in the oven.
- Cook the lasagne for about 30 minutes. Serve dressed with some Parmesan and a drop of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Fresh Pesto: Combine the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil in a mortar and pestle and pound until paste forms. Add the Parmesan cheese, Pecorino cheese, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Keep the pesto in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
- Mix the pasta and the pesto...serve garnished with some grated Parmesan (just a touch), fresh ground pepper and a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Besciamella: Melt the 1/2 cup butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Cook's Note: This is an important moment, as you have to slowly toast the flour without burning it. This will help you lose the floury taste.
- Warm up the milk and gradually ladle into the pot with the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly while bringing the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Season the sauce with freshly grated nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute onion in the olive oil until tender. Add spinach and stir. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto. In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In a 3 quart greased baking dish, layer the noodles then the spinach mixture, followed by the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Repeat the layers ending with noodles on top. Spread the Alfredo sauce over the top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 711.7 calories, Carbohydrate 53.7 g, Cholesterol 97.6 mg, Fat 40.4 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 36.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.3 g, Sodium 1071.3 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
SUPER-FAST SPINACH, PESTO AND CHEESE LASAGNA
- Blend ricotta and Parmesan in medium bowl. Season cheeses with salt and pepper; stir in egg. Blend spinach and pesto in another medium bowl.
- Brush 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with oil. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in prepared dish. Arrange 3 noodles side by side atop sauce. Spread 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese mixture over in thin layer. Drop 1/3 of spinach mixture over by spoonfuls. Repeat layering with sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and spinach mixture 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover lasagna with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Fontina cheese. Bake lasagna until heated through, sauce bubbles and cheese on top is melted, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes.
EASY SPINACH LASAGNE WITH PESTO AND CHEESE
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish or lasagne pan.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on bottom of dish.
- Mix together Ricotta, egg, and pesto until thoroughly blended.
- Layer noodles, ricotta and pesto mixture, spinach, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1 cup pasta sauce.
- Repeat layers using remaining ingredients.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477.7, Fat 28.5, SaturatedFat 15.8, Cholesterol 119.5, Sodium 1166.5, Carbohydrate 25.7, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 12.8, Protein 30.7
EASY PESTO LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
Dinner dilemma? Don't miss this family-friendly recipe for Easy Pesto Lasagna Roll-Ups made with just six simple ingredients. I've traded the luscious layers of lasagna for their rolled counterparts and added a flavor-packed addition to the creamy ricotta: basil pesto! Are you doubting the marinara-pesto combo as much as I was? It may seem odd to incorporate two classic Italian sauces into one dish, but one forkful of these flavor-packed rolls and you'll be chiming in with your own rendition of "When two become one...." #SpiceGirls #IAmOld #AndNotHip Once the lasagna noodles are filled and rolled, they're arranged side by side in a pool of marinara sauce, then topped with even more sauce and a drizzle of pesto. A final shower of shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan, and you are well on your way to winning dinner.
Provided by Kelly Senyei
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and arrange in a layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese with 1/2 cup of the pesto. Divide the ricotta mixture evenly among the noodles, spreading it the length of each noodle. Divide 1 cup of the marinara sauce evenly among the 8 noodles, spreading it on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the remaining marinara sauce to the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Roll up the lasagna noodles, then arrange them seam-side down in the baking dish. Top them with the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce and 1/4 cup pesto. Cover the baking dish securely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top the roll-ups with the mozzarella cheese and continue baking, uncovered, until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven, top the lasagna roll-ups with the grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
PESTO AND PRAWN LASAGNA
- Combine basil, cream of mushroom soup, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Combine spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in cottage cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add oyster mushrooms and white mushrooms; cook and stir until soft, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons basil puree on the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan. Lay 3 lasagna noodles on top. Spread 1/2 the spinach mixture evenly over the noodles. Arrange 1/2 the prawns on top. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles. Pour 1/2 the basil puree on top and cover with mushroom mixture. Cover with remaining 3 lasagna noodles.
- Top lasagna noodles evenly with remaining spinach mixture and prawns. Pour remaining basil puree on top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until noodles are soft and sauce is bubbly, about 90 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until mozzarella is browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Carbohydrate 48.8 g, Cholesterol 120.6 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 28.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 1109.8 mg, Sugar 13.3 g
More about "cheese pesto lasagna recipes"
PESTO & CHEDDAR LASAGNA RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until lightly golden, about 4 minutes; let cool. In a food processor, pulse the basil with the pine nuts and garlic until finely chopped. With the machine on, drizzle in the olive oil and process until a paste forms. Season the pesto with salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 1 1/2 sticks of butter over moderate heat. Whisk in the flour to make a paste and cook until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, whisking, until the sauce is thick and no floury taste remains, about 7 minutes. Stir in the pesto and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Cover and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and butter a 9-by-13-inch ceramic baking dish. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles until al dente, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain the noodles and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the pesto sauce in the prepared baking dish. Arrange a single layer of the noodles over the sauce. Top with one-fourth of the remaining sauce and one-third of the cheddar. Repeat this layering twice, then top with a final layer of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the Parmigiano on top.
THREE-CHEESE PESTO LASAGNA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 619 per serving
PESTO LASAGNA – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
SUPER FAST SPINACH, PESTO AND CHEESE LASAGNA - RECIPE GIRL
EASY GOAT CHEESE PESTO LASAGNA SKILLET | COUNTRY CLEAVER
STELLA® CHEESE | THREE CHEESE PESTO LASAGNA CUPCAKES
CHICKEN LASAGNA WITH PESTO CREAM SAUCE - A FAMILY FEAST®
CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN LASAGNA ROLLS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
PESTO LASAGNE (LASAGNE AL PESTO) RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PESTO AND GOAT CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE - IAN KNAUER
PESTO LASAGNA - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
AMAZING PESTO LASAGNA SKILLET - MOM'S DINNER
THREE CHEESE PESTO LASAGNA "CUPCAKES" - SAUTE EXPRESS® SAUTE …
ITALIAN BASIL PESTO LASAGNE AL FORNO – THE PASTA PROJECT
ZUCCHINI AND PESTO LASAGNA - THE DASHLEY'S KITCHEN
SAUSAGE PESTO LASAGNA ROLLS - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
PESTO AND RICOTTA LASAGNA RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
SIMPLE SKILLET PESTO CHEESE LASAGNA ROLL UPS. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
PESTO LASAGNA (PORTOFINO LASAGNA) - LOVE TO EAT ITALIAN
LASAGNA WITH SPINACH PESTO RECIPE | SAPUTO CHEESE
LASAGNA AL PESTO - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
HEALTHIER CREAMY PESTO LASAGNA - THE BATTER THICKENS
THREE-CHEESE PESTO TURKEY LASAGNA - WHOLE AND HEAVENLY OVEN
4 CHEESE SAGE PESTO FLORENTINE LASAGNA. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
MEATY PESTO LASAGNA RECIPE- AMEE'S SAVORY DISH
ITALIAN PESTO LASAGNA - CREAMY, CHEESY & VEGETARIAN
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA WITH BASIL PESTO AND RICOTTA - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
ZUCCHINI LASAGNA WITH CASHEW CHEESE PESTO | CLEAN EATING RECIPES
PESTO AND RICOTTA LASAGNA. ALL THE FOOD I’M FREEZING FOR LATER
PESTO LASAGNA - ITALIAN - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
3 CHEESE PESTO VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE – MS. ADVENTURES IN ITALY
SPINACH, RICOTTA & PESTO LASAGNA RECIPE - HOUSE & HOME
LASAGNA PESTO - ALL ITALIAN FOOD, ITALIAN CUISINE AND RECIPES
PESTO EGGPLANT LASAGNA RECIPE | CREATE WITH NESTLÉ®
WHITE LASAGNA WITH BASIL PESTO - FOR THE PERFECT BITE
PESTO LASAGNA ROLL UPS (GLUTEN-FREE) - RACHLMANSFIELD
PESTO BEEF LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Basil Pesto Lasagna20K views-04:16
Pesto Chicken Alfredo Lasagna1.7K views-12:27
Pesto Lasagna Rolls | Food Network19K views-00:55
Pesto Mushroom Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups375 views-01:27
LASAGNA, Lasagna Rolls and Ricotta-Pesto Ricotta Cups!2.4K views-06:28
Pesto Lasagna436 views-05:49
You'll also love