FLUFFY CHEESE SCONES
- Heat oven to 220°C/425°F/200°C fan/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder/soda, salt, pepper, and rosemary (or other herbs) in a large bowl. Either rub in the butter using your fingers but if you have a mixer, this is even better. Mix just until the butter looks like breadcrumbs in the flour then add the cheese. Add the egg and milk and mix until fully combined. The result should be a sticky, wet dough. If you find it's too dry, add a little bit more milk.
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 2 cm thick (nearly an inch) and using a scone/cookie cutter (6cm/2.5"), cut out medium-sized rounds. Alternatively, to save time or if you don't have cutters, roll into a circle (use a plate as a guide) and cut into triangles with a sharp knife.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with a mixture of egg yolk and a little milk to glaze (yolk is optional but recommended for a shiny glaze).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
CHEESE SCONES (WITH SESAME SEEDS)
These are wonderful savoury scones, which I got from 99 cents traditional british cooking cookbook. What a great invest I have to say! ;) These are very easy to make and in my opinion have a great flavour, too. Let me know what you think!
Provided by Lalaloula
Yield 10 scones
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- In a big bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Using your finger tips work in butter until dough resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add milk. Using a knife stir quickly into a smooth dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 or 3 turns before rolling out (you can also just pat it down a bit).
- Using a cookie cutter or glass to cut out scones (I use a 7.5 cm glass).
- Place on a paper-lined baking sheet.
- For glaze combine melted butter with cheese and sesame seeds and spread evenly over scones.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Enjoy warm or cooled.
These simple scones double down on sunny strawberry flavor by using both fresh strawberries and freeze-dried. You can freeze them baked or unbaked, and ferry them straight to the oven for an elegant any-day treat.
Provided by Sarah Carey
Yield Makes 10
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread sesame seeds on a small baking sheet and toast, shaking pan occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let cool slightly, then finely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, chopped sesame seeds, freeze-dried berries, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal with a few pea-size pieces remaining. Add fresh berries; toss to combine.
- Make a well in center of mixture, add egg, and whisk thoroughly. With a fork, stir in cream, then stir into flour mixture until just combined. (Do not overmix; there will be some loose flour on bottom of bowl.) Transfer to work surface and fold a few times to incorporate loose flour.
- Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pat into a round about 8 inches in diameter and about 1 inch thick; freeze 10 minutes. Remove and, using a knife or bench scraper, cut into 10 wedges.
- Separate pieces to leave about 3/4 inch between (so there is room for scones to rise). Brush each with cream; sprinkle with sanding sugar and sesame seeds. Place in oven, reduce temperature to 375°, and bake, rotating once halfway through, until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet at least 15 minutes, then serve warm or room temperature. Scones are best eaten the day they're baked, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day; reheat in a 350° oven to refresh.
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Fold in Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk sour cream, oil, milk, and eggs together in a small bowl. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 10 to 12 times. Pat out to a thickness of 3/4 inch. Cut into 3-inch squares or cut circles with a 3-inch cutter. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 59.6 mg, Fat 20.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 826.1 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly butter a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, aniseed and poppy seed. Cut the butter into chunks and place in the bowl. Using a pastry blender or two butter knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour about a third of the buttermilk into the flour and toss lightly with a fork, pushing the mixture against the side of the bowl. Add more buttermilk and toss together, using just enough to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat gently into a square a half-inch thick and about nine inches to the side. Cut into six triangles.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet and brush with buttermilk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve immediately, preferably with butter.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 264, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 280 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CLASSIC CHEESE SCONES
Indulge in some cheese scones for afternoon tea or as part of a picnic. They're also great served alongside soups and you can freeze them for later use
Provided by sarahheron
Categories Afternoon tea, Side dish, Snack, Supper
Yield Makes 5-6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 with a large baking tray inside. Sift the flour, salt, cayenne pepper and baking powder into a bowl, then sift again to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the butter to the bowl and combine with your fingertips to make breadcrumbs. Sprinkle 100g of the cheese into the breadcrumb mixture and rub together until evenly distributed. Try not to mix too much as the heat from your hands may start to melt the butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in enough milk to give a fairly soft but firm dough. Do not pour in all the milk at once as you may not need it all to get the right consistency.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium (about 8cm) cutter, then put on a sheet of baking parchment, glaze with a little milk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Slide onto the hot oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
These scones are terrific with soups- serve with lots of butter! From an October 1985 issue of Bon Appetit in a "Soup and Bread" feature.
Provided by Leslie in Texas
Yield 10 scones
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter baking sheet.
- Sift flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter until coarse meal forms.
- Make well in center of dry ingredients; add eggs,honey,sesame oil and 1/3 cup buttermilk to well and blend with fork.
- Stir into dry ingredients, adding enough buttermilk to make sticky but workable dough.
- Gently pat dough into 1-inch thick round on floured surface.
- Cut dough into 10 wedges, cutting straight down with sharp,floured knife.
- Brush each wedge lightly with glaze.
- Place sesame seeds on plate; dip glazed top of each wedge into seeds.
- Arrange sesame side up on prepared sheet, placing 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter.
- Dip top of each.
More about "cheese scones with sesame seeds recipes"
CHEESE SCONES – BEST RECIPE EVER! – LIFE AND CHEESE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
CHEESE-Y BEER SCONES - CRAFTBEER.COM
EASY, CHEESY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE WITH CHEDDAR
5 SAVORY CHEESE SCONE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES (FREEZER FRIENDLY!) - SPEND WITH …
BEST CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESE …
SPICED RED ONION AND CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
CHEESE SCONES | RECIPE
THE ULTIMATE CHEESE SCONES - WHAT SARAH BAKES
RECIPE: TURKISH CHEESE SCONES WITH SESAME STEP BY STEP WITH …
10 BEST CHEESE SCONES HEALTHY RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEED SCONES: FLUFFY TEATIME BITES WITH A DELIGHTFUL CRUNCH
CHEDDAR SCONES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND THYME - FEASTING …
SCONES WITH SESAME SEEDS - 6 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
CHEESE SCONES WITH CHIVES & SUNFLOWER SEEDS - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
EVERYTHING CREAM CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - WOMAN AND HOME MAGAZINE
CHEESE SCONES RECIPE EASY FOR BEGINNERS IN THE KITCHEN
SOURDOUGH CHEESE SCONES - BAKING WITH BUTTER
SAVOURY CHEESE SCONES WITH CHEDDAR - A BAKING JOURNEY
SAVOURY SCONES WITH SEEDS - CRAVINGS JOURNAL
VERY CHEESY CHEESE SCONES | RECIPES | MOORLANDS EATER
CHEESE AND HERB SCONES - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
CHEESE SCONES WITH SESAME SEEDS RECIPE, BY KINDMEAL CHEF
CHEESE SCONES (WITH SESAME SEEDS) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPE: CHEESE SCONES WITH SEEDS STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
GRAN'S EPIC CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | STEP BY STEP PICTURES
HOW TO COOK - CHEESE SCONES, MUSTARD & SESAME SEEDS - YOUTUBE
3 CHEESE SEED SCONES | EVERYBODY LIKES SANDWICHES
FLUFFY CHEESE AND ONION SCONES - MRS JONES'S KITCHEN
CHEESE SCONES - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
COTTAGE CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - MY DELICIOUS SWEETS
CHEESE SCONES - EDMONDS COOKING
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CHEESE SCONES - WAITROSE & PARTNERS | FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
THREE-INGREDIENT CHEESE SCONES - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
BROWN SCONES WITH TREACLE AND SESAME SEEDS - RTE.IE
10 BEST CHEESE SCONES PLAIN FLOUR RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love