CHEESY LEEKS WITH HAM
This a great main to have up your sleeve, it's delicious with pasta or some crusty bread
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and boil the kettle. Place the leeks in a single layer in a large saucepan and add enough hot water from the kettle to cover. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5 mins until the leeks are just tender.
- Lay 2 slices of ham, overlapping, on a board, then sit 2 leek halves at one end. Wrap up, repeat with the other leeks, then place the parcels in a small ovenproof dish.
- Mix three-quarters of the cheese with the crème fraîche, then season and spoon over the parcels. Mix the remaining parmesan with the breadcrumbs and scatter over the top. Bake for 15 mins until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 24 grams protein, Sodium 2.38 milligram of sodium
CHEESY LEEKS & HAM
- Heat oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Cook the leeks in a pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 mins or until just tender. Drain and cool under a cold tap to stop them from cooking any further, then drain again well and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Wrap each leek in a slice of ham, then arrange, side-by-side, in a large baking dish. Mix the cheddar in a bowl with the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche, until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks, then bake for 15-20 mins until bubbling and golden brown. Serve at once with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein, Sodium 2 milligram of sodium
BAKED LEEKS AND HAM SLICES AU GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Cut off the top of the leeks, leaving 2 inches of the green part. Trim off the root ends at the base. Rinse leeks thoroughly in cold water to remove sand.
- Place leeks in a pot, cover with water and add salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes. Drain and chill.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan. Add flour, stirring with a wire whisk. When blended add milk, stirring rapidly with whisk. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne and blend. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add egg yolk, stirring briskly.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon butter in a skillet. Add leeks and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook briefly, turning to heat evenly. Place each leek on a slice of ham, at an end.
- Carefully roll the ham up to form a roulade.
- Sprinkle shallots in the bottom of a baking dish measuring 11 by 8 inches. Place the roulades close together in a row. Spoon sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until hot and bubbling and nicely glazed on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 493, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 1091 milligrams, Sugar 17 grams, TransFat 0 grams
HAM, LEEK, AND THREE-CHEESE QUICHE
- Prebake pie dough in pie plate according to package instructions, then remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, halve leeks lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces, then wash well in a bowl of cold water, agitating leeks. Lift out and drain leeks in a colander and pat dry. Melt butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat and cook leeks, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Line warm pie shell with sliced ham, overlapping layers as necessary to cover bottom and side of pie shell completely. Toss cheeses together and sprinkle evenly into pie shell (do not pack cheese), then spread leeks evenly on top of cheese. Whisk together eggs, nutmeg, and pepper until combined well, then whisk in crème fraîche until smooth.
- Carefully pour half of custard on top of pie filling, gently moving cheese with a spoon to help custard disperse evenly. Slowly add remaining custard in same manner. Cover pie loosely with foil, gently folding edges over crust (keep foil from touching top of cheese mixture) and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake until center of filling is puffed and set (center will be slightly wobbly but not liquid), about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Cool on a rack at least 20 to 30 minutes before serving (filling will continue to set as it cools). Serve warm or at room temperature.
CHEESY LEEK STRATA
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the bread cubes, half of the leeks and half of the red pepper, 3/4 cup Swiss cheese and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers once., In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, beer, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese. Cover with plastic wrap. Weigh strata down with a slightly smaller baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight., Remove strata from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 465mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
More about "cheesy leeks ham recipes"
CHEESY BAKED LEEKS WITH HAM RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Leek RecipesCalories 416 per serving
- Heat the oven to 200°C /180°fan/gas 6. Cut the leeks into 8cm lengths, then wrap each in a piece of ham, cutting to fit and using up all the offcuts. Arrange in the base of a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, then stir in the flour and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the wine and milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wholegrain mustard, thyme leaves and cheddar until melted, then pour over the leeks. Top with the brie, then bake for 30 minutes until bubbling. Scatter with more thyme and serve with crusty bread.
10 BEST HAM LEEK SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEESY PANCAKES WITH HAM AND LEEKS - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
414 EASY AND TASTY CHEESY LEEKS RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
UNBELIEVABLE CHEESY LEEKS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHEESY PANCAKES WITH HAM AND LEEKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHEESY LEEKS WITH HAM RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHEESY LEEK AND HAM BAKE | RECIPE - WORLD FOOD AND WINE
CHEESY LEEKS WITH HAM - LUNCH RECIPES
CHEESY POTATO, LEEK & HAM BAKE | I LOVE EGGS
CHEESY HAM & LEEK GRATIN | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
MAC 'N' CHEESE WITH LEEKS AND HAM | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
WHB #66: CHEESY LEEKS & HAM - KUECHENLATEIN.COM
CHEESY LEEKS & HAM RECIPE
CHEESY LEEKS WITH HAM RECIPE
CHEESY LEEKS WITH HAM | RECIPE | CHEESY LEEKS, BBC GOOD FOOD …
EASY HAM AND LEEKS AU GRATIN | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
CHEESY LEEKS & HAM | RECIPE | CHEESY LEEKS, BBC GOOD FOOD …
CREAMY HAM AND LEEK GRATIN RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL | FOOD & WINE
CHEESY LEEKS AND HAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHEESY LEEKS & HAM | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
CHEESY HAM & LEEK BAKE - RECIPES - HEALTHIER FAMILIES - NHS
HAM WRAPPED LEEKS IN A CHEESE SAUCE - BRITISH BLOKES COOKING
HAM, LEEK & POTATO GRATIN - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
CHEESY BAKED LEEKS | A GLUG OF OIL
CHEESY LEEKS & HAM – NUTRI EVERY DAY.COM
CHEESY HAM & LEEK QUICHE - TASTEFULLY GRACE
CHEESY LEEKS & HAM - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
EASY CHEESY LEEKS - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
CHEESY LEEKS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FILO-CRUSTED CHEESY HAM AND LEEK PIE RECIPE
CHEESY LEEKS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
HAM AND LEEK CHEESY CRUMBLE - LET'S GET COOKING AT HOME
LEEKS WITH HAM IN CHEESE SAUCE - CKBK
LEEK & HAM CHEESY BAKE – KETO FITNESS CLUB
CHEESY LEEKS & HAM | RECIPE | CHEESY LEEKS, BBC GOOD FOOD …
32 DELICIOUS LEFTOVER HAM RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
CHEESY LEEKS | ONCE UPON A FOOD BLOG
LEEK AND HAM STUFFED TURKEY ROAST WITH CHEESY BéCHAMEL SAUCE
HAM AND LEEK PIE (EASY & DELICIOUS) - SAVORY WITH SOUL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook leeks and Ham together?Wrap each leek in a slice of ham, then arrange, side-by-side, in a large baking dish. Mix the cheddar in a bowl with the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche, until well combined.
How do you make the perfect Ham and cheese casserole?Lay 2 slices of ham, overlapping, on a board, then sit 2 leek halves at one end. Wrap up, repeat with the other leeks, then place the parcels in a small ovenproof dish. Mix three-quarters of the cheese with the crème fraîche, then season and spoon over the parcels. Mix the remaining parmesan with the breadcrumbs and scatter over the top.
How to cook leeks in oven?Preheat the oven to 200°c/fan180°c/gas 6. Liberally butter 1 or 2 shallow baking dishes. Cut the leeks in half lengthways. Remove the outer leaves and wash thoroughly. Bring a large pan of salted water up to the boil. Add the leeks and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and cool under cold running water.
How do you cook with cheddar cheese and leeks?Mix the cheddar in a bowl with the Dijon mustard and crème fraîche, until well combined. Season to taste. Spread over the leeks, then bake for 15-20 mins until bubbling and golden brown. Serve at once with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the juices.