This is an old school classic, making use of the woefully underutilized art of flambe. Flambeing caramelizes sugars and deepens flavors; with ripe summer cherries, that's really all you need.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Evenly scoop the ice cream into 4 dishes or decorative glasses and put in the freezer until ready to serve (this can be done up to 4 hours ahead).
- Wash and pit the cherries. Put the cherries and sugar in a large skillet. Peel 2 strips of zest from the lemon in wide strips with a peeler and add to the cherries. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon over the top. Stir to combine evenly. Cover and cook the cherries over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes. Uncover and cook over medium-high until cherries get juicy, about 5 minutes more.
- To flambe the rum: If cooking over a gas flame, pull the pan off the heat and add the rum. Ignite the alcohol with a long match or one held with tongs. Swirl the pan slightly until the flames subside, about 30 seconds.
- If cooking over an electric stove, put the rum in a small saucepan. Warm it over medium-low heat and carefully light it with a long match or one held with tongs. Pour the lit rum over the cherries, and swirl the pan lightly until the flames subside, about 30 seconds.
- Ladle the cherries and their juices over prepared ice cream scoops. Serve immediately.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and cherries; stir to combine. Cook until cherries are tender and sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add kirsch, and carefully ignite. Cook until flame is extinguished. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.
CLASSIC CHERRIES JUBILEE
This is a great, refreshing dessert, especially after a hearty meal. This does have to be prepared immediately before serving, but does not take a lot of time. Your guests will enjoy the blue flames when the brandy is ignited!
Provided by Wilemon
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a wide saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking until thickened. Stir in the cherries and orange zest, return to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. While the cherries are cooking, spoon the ice cream into serving bowls.
- Remove the cherries from the heat, and stir in the cherry extract. Pour in the brandy, and ignite with a long lighter. Gently shake the pan until the blue flame has extinguished itself. Spoon the cherries over the bowls of ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.7 calories, Carbohydrate 48.3 g, Cholesterol 29 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 53.5 mg, Sugar 42.3 g
Create a syrupy, decadent sauce with fresh cherries and serve over vanilla ice cream. Get the recipe for Cherries Jubilee.
Provided by Charlyne Mattox
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cherries, sugar, salt, and 1 to 3 tablespoons water (depending on how juicy the cherries are). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cherries are tender and the liquid is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the Kirsch and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is slightly thickened and the alcohol is cooked off, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice. Remove the skillet from the heat and swirl in the remaining tablespoon of butter. Serve warm over the ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 kcal, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 52 mg, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 114 mg, Sugar 40 g, Fat 16 g, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Toss 1 pound pitted cherries, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 strips lemon zest and the juice of 1/2 lemon in a skillet. Cover and cook until the sugar dissolves, 4 minutes; uncover and cook until juicy, 2 more minutes. Carefully add 1/3 cup rum; ignite and let it burn until the flame dies out. Spoon over ice cream.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves. Add the cherries, orange juice, and orange zest. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. In a small cup, stir the cornstarch and water together to form a slurry. Stir the slurry into the cherry mixture and cook for 1 minute, until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the brandy over the cherries. Place the pan back on the heat and carefully shake the pan several times to ignite the pan. If the pan does not light, use a match to flame the cherries. Divide the ice cream between 6 shallow bowls. Spoon the cherry mixture over the ice cream and serve.
- In a small dish, combine a little cherry juice with sugar and cornstarch. In a skillet, heat juice from cherries over moderate heat. Add cornstarch mixture. When juice thickens, add cherries to warm through. Pour in warmed liqueur, then flame the pan to burn off alcohol. Remove cherries from heat. Scoop vanilla ice cream into large cocktail glasses or dessert dishes and spoon cherries down over ice cream.
- Put the cherries, sugar and lemon zest and juice in a large skillet and stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes. Uncover and cook until the cherries get juicy, about 5 minutes more.
- Mix together the rum and kirschwasser in a measuring cup, then add to the cherries. Ignite the alcohol with a long match and swirl the pan slightly until the flames subside, about 30 seconds. Serve the warm cherries and their juices over ice cream.
This is a light version of Cherries Jubilee. I used Splenda brown sugar and only used 1 tbsp ..If you want you can use ice cream instead of the frozen yogurt. This is from a Quick and Simple magazine. Enjoy
Provided by bigbadbrenda
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Drain the juice of the cherries into a saucepan.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and brown sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add cherries and stir to coat. Remove from heat and add carefully the brandy or kirsch. Return to heat and cook 1 minute.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 bowls and spoon warm mixture on top.
EASY CHERRIES JUBILEE
Reach for cans: In a large skillet, heat canned tart cherries and cherry pie filling with frozen apple juice concentrate and some brandy. Add a bit more brandy (for a really good show, dim the lights on the way to the table) and ignite with a long wooden match. Voila -- Easy Cherries Jubilee.
Provided by USA WEEKEND Pam Anderson
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring pie filling, cherries and concentrate to simmer in a 12-inch skillet. Add 1/2 cup of the brandy; simmer to blend and concentrate flavors, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in almond extract; pour in remaining brandy. Carefully ignite to burn off alcohol.
- In each of eight bowls, put 1/2 cup scoop of ice cream; spoon sauce over ice cream. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.5 calories, Carbohydrate 60.6 g, Cholesterol 29 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 78.8 mg, Sugar 27.7 g
CHERRIES JUBILEE FOR A HEALTHY HEART
A sweet ending that won't break the diet. Don't omit the grated orange rind; it made all the difference. This is from the 1975 edition of The American Heart Association Cookbook. ETA: I believe this recipe refers to canned cherries, hence the mention of using the juice. On the origin of this dish, many credit Escoffier (French) for creating this for Queen Victoria's Jubilee (British), and cherry compote had been a classic British dish prior to that...
Provided by KateL
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pour juice from cherries into a saucepan with the currant jelly, cornstarch and orange rind. Cook over low heat until the jelly melts.
- Stir in the cherries. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- At the table, pour the warm brandy over the cherries in the serving pan and flame.
- Spoon into meringue shells or over ice milk while cherries are still flaming.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.5, Fat 0.1, Sodium 6.5, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 15.4, Protein 0.4
QUICK FLAMING CHERRIES JUBILEE
- In a saucepan, stir together the cherry pie filling and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. When it begins to boil, pour the brandy over the top and do not mix. Carefully touch a lit match to the side of the pan to light a flame. Allow the flame to burn out, then mix the brandy into the cherries. Serve hot over scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559.4 calories, Carbohydrate 87.3 g, Cholesterol 77.4 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 163.9 mg, Sugar 55.1 g
CHERRIES JUBILEE COCKTAIL RECIPE BY TASTY
- In a mixing glass, combine the cherry liqueur, vodka, and grenadine. Stir to combine.
- Fill 2 rocks glasses with ice. Place 5 tipsy cherries in each glass. Divide the cocktail between the glasses. Top each glass with 1 ounce half-and-half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, Sugar 6 grams
Warm, boozy cherries over ice cream is a classic dessert, and it's so easy to do. We like ours over chocolate ice cream (but when Bobby doesn't quite have the energy to make this, you know he's always got Cherry Garcia in the freezer).
Yield serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the reserved cherry juice, the sugar, and cornstarch until the sugar and cornstarch dissolve.
- Combine the remaining cherry juice and the cornstarch mixture in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cherries and kirsch and cook until the cherries are warmed through, about 2 minutes more.
- Place 2 scoops of ice cream in each serving dish. Divide the warm cherry topping among the dishes and serve.
Make any occasion a jubilee when you serve this pretty Cherries Jubilee. With pudding, almonds & cherry pie filling, Cherries Jubilee is a real treat.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings, about 1/2 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat pudding mix, milk and 1/4 tsp. extract in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in COOL WHIP and 1 Tbsp. nuts.
- Mix cherry pie filling and remaining extract. Spoon into 8 dessert glasses alternately with pudding mixture.
- Top with remaining nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Fat 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
More about "cherries jubilee recipes"
BEST CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHERRIES FLAMBE
CHERRIES JUBILEE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE SHEER DELIGHT OF CHERRIES JUBILEE | THE SPECTATOR
CLASSIC CHERRIES JUBILEE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
CHERRIES JUBILEE (& A GIVEAWAY FROM EAGLE BRAND)
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
AUGUSTE ESCOFFIER’S CLASSIC DESSERT: CHERRIES JUBILEE
SPECTACULAR CHERRIES JUBILEE - DOWNTON ABBEY COOKS | GILDED AGE …
CLASSIC CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
CHERRIES JUBILEE - CINNAMON AND SUGAR
BEST CC'S CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CHERRIES JUBILEE | SAVEUR
HOW TO MAKE CHERRIES JUBILEE (WITH SOUR CHERRIES, TOO!)
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CHERRIES JUBILEE - USING FROZEN CHERRIES - LITTLE SUGAR SNAPS
HOW TO MAKE CHERRIES JUBILEE - THE GOOD LIFE FRANCE
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE - RECIPE GIRL
10 BEST CHERRY JUBILEE DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPES FOR CHERRIES JUBILEE - FOOD NEWS
PAULA'S CHERRIES JUBILEE | PAULA DEEN
THE ULTIMATE CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SEAFARERS' CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
RECIPE FOR CHERRY JUBILEE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE FROM CANNED CHERRIES - CREATE THE MOST …
CHERRIES JUBILEE - MONTYBOCA
CHERRIES JUBILEE CAKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHERRIES JUBILEE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHERRIES JUBILEE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #frozen-desserts #pitted-fruit #cherries
You'll also love