CHESAPEAKE BAY SAUSAGE AND CRAB STUFFING RECIPE
Surf meets turf in this Chesapeake Bay recipe for sausage and crab stuffing. This tasty side dish comes with celery, bell pepper, and clam juice, too.
Provided by Harry Rice
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare corn bread mix according to the packaging
- Cool and crumble into a large metal bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 13" x 9" glass casserole dish
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat
- Sauté garlic, celery, onion, and pepper until tender
- Add sausage and crabmeat and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently so as to not break up the crabmeat
- Pour ingredients into crumbled cornbread and add the eggs, clam juice, chicken broth, and seasoning
- Mix well and pour into greased casserole dish
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve
Nutrition Facts : Carbohydrate 17.92g, Cholesterol 91.34mg, Fat 16.52g, Fiber 1.84g, Protein 15.73g, SaturatedFat 5.92g, ServingSize 12.00 Person, Sodium 949.39mg, Sugar 0.00, UnsaturatedFat 6.91g
CRABCAKES AND SEAFOOD SAUSAGE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 crabcakes, 4 to 6 appet
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Even though crab meat is packaged fresh and clean of shell there are always some shell fragments remaining. Open the crab meat, dump into a clean dish, and with scrupulously clean hands, pick through and clean the crabmeat of all shell fragments. Be careful of the delicate nature of such a high quality product and try not to crumble the large lumps of crab. Mix the crabmeat with the sweet peppers, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro leaves, and mayonnaise. Add the seasoning powder, 4 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well then refrigerate the mixture for twenty minutes. A cold mix is easier to work with and form into cakes.
- Cover a work surface with waxed paper and sprinkle with half of the remaining bread crumbs. Scoop up and divide the crabmeat into 6 equalsize portions and place each mound on the work space. With the a portion of crab in the palm of one hand pat the crab with the fingers of your other hand into a diskshaped cake approximately 3/4-inch thick. It is important for the crab cakes to be the same thickness so that they will cook uniformly. Pat each cake with the bread crumbs, turning them so they coat evenly on all sides. Refrigerate for at least an hour so that the firm enough to cook and in this way prevent them from crumbling.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Not more than half an hour before you plan to serve the crab cakes add enough oil to cover the bottom of a saute pan. Heat until just before it begins to smoke. Add the crab cakes gently, being careful not to crowd the pan. (Cook them in two batches if necessary.) Turn the cakes and brown the second side. When the crab cakes are well browned to a rich golden on both sides, place on a heat proof platter and into a 375 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes to ensure that they are fully cooked and hot at the center. Serve with chili mayonnaise and a mango salad.
CRAB CAKES WITH CHESAPEAKE BAY MAYO
I placed my personal stamp on my Aunt Ellie's crab cake recipe by changing up some of her ingredients. They're served with a tart and tangy creamy sauce. You can serve them on an appetizer spread or as a terrific first-course at a formal dinner.-Michelle Critchell, Moon, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and chill until serving. For crab cakes, in a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, mustard, seafood seasoning and pepper. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes., With floured hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 287mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "chesapeake bay sausage and crab stuffing recipes"
MARYLAND CRAB STUFFING RECIPE | SEAFOOD STUFFING FOR …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Prepare cornbread according to manufacturers instructions. Bake, cool and cut into cubes (about 6 cups). Preheat oven to 350°F, line cornbread cubes on a large baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes or until lightly crunchy and golden brown.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a large skillet. Sauté celery and onions for 2-3 minutes or until tender, stir in sage, rosemary, thyme and seafood seasoning and remove from heat.
- Toss celery and onions in a large bowl with Cameron’s Lump Maryland Crab Meat and toasted cornbread until thoroughly combined. Pour in broth and eggs and toss to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a 13x9 inch, lightly greased, casserole dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked thoroughly. Top with parsley and garnish with sage before serving.
CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB CAKES RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB STUFFED BURGER - CERTIFIED ANGUS …
CRAB STUFFING WITH SEAFOOD SEASONING – JACOBSEN SALT CO.
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST CRAB SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB STUFFED BURGER - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
CHESAPEAKE BAY SAUSAGE AND CRAB... - LINDA C. MCGINTY | FACEBOOK
CRAB STUFFING RECIPES | BIGOVEN
ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE AND CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE
BEST CRAB MEAT RECIPES - RECIPES.NET
CHESAPEAKE BAY SAUSAGE AND CRAB STUFFING | RECIPE - PINTEREST
DELISH CHESAPEAKE BAY SAUSAGE AND CRAB STUFFING RECIPE
BEST CHESAPEAKE BAY SAUSAGE AND CRAB STUFFING RECIPES
CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB CAKES - MEATSANDSAUSAGES.COM
CLAM AND SAUSAGE CHOWDER RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CHESAPEAKE CUISINE L CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB CAKES & MORE
CLAM AND SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
BEST STUFFING RECIPES - RECIPES.NET
EASY CRABMEAT SHOOTERS QUINTANA RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB-STUFFED MUSHROOMS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
You'll also love