CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP
A well rounded chicken soup with delicious chicken and herb dumplings.
Provided by SILVANUS
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Chicken Soup Recipes Chicken and Dumpling Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a blender or food processor, combine 3 cups cooked chicken, eggs, 3/4 cup chicken broth, 1 cup flour, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and tarragon. Process until smooth.
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups chicken broth to a boil. Drop dumpling mixture by rounded spoonfuls into boiling broth. Simmer, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes, until well formed and slightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve dumpling cooking liquid.
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, celery and garlic in butter until onion is translucent. Stir in 1/2 cup flour until fully incorporated. Pour in 2 quarts chicken broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil. Introduce 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and carrots. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in dumplings, reserved liquid and 3 cups cooked chicken. Simmer 15 minutes more before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 70.3 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 16.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 587 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Melt the butter in a 6-quart pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, carrots, celery root, turnip, rutabaga, onion, diced fennel and a large pinch of salt; cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, 6 cups water, fennel seeds, thyme and bay leaves; bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and simmer for 2 hours. Remove the chicken and let cool. Pick off the meat in shreds; set aside.
- About 15 minutes before the chicken has finished simmering, prepare the dumplings: Combine the milk, chicken fat, 1 tablespoon tarragon, the nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; add the flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the liquid is absorbed. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, to make a thick dough.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Form the dough into eight dumplings (an ice cream scoop is perfect for this); drop into the soup. Cover and cook until the dumplings float to the surface, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken meat, parsley and the remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon to the soup; stir carefully and divide among warm bowls.
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN 'N' DUMPLING SOUP
I've enjoyed making this rich homemade chicken dumpling soup recipe for over 40 years. Every time I serve this type of soup, I remember my southern grandma, who was very special to me and was known as an outstanding cook. -Paulette Balda, Prophetstown, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Place the chicken, water, bouillon, peppercorns and cloves in a stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil; skim foam. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Strain broth; return to stockpot. , Remove chicken and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and skin and cut chicken into chunks. Cool broth and skim off fat. , Return chicken to stockpot with soups, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Uncover; increase heat to a gentle boil. Discard bay leaf., For dumplings, combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in egg, butter and enough milk to make a moist stiff batter. Drop by teaspoonfuls into soup. Cover and cook without lifting the lid for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 1447mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
TRADITIONAL CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP
This soup with light dumplings always brings positive comments. I like to fix it to take to those who are ill. -Tami Christman, Soda Springs, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings (5 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a stockpot, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add water. Stir in the vegetables, one can of chicken, bouillon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil., In a large bowl, combine the biscuit baking mix, parsley and remaining pepper. Stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in remaining chicken. , Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 1091mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
COZY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE BY TASTY
It's the end of yet another long day and well, you're ready to put your feet up, relax, and tuck into a comforting meal. Delivery might be calling your name, but you've got a ton of chicken lying around and with not much else to do, now's the perfect time to whip up a batch of these simple and cozy chicken and dumplings. Tuck in now.
Provided by Jordan Kenna
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add carrot and onion and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for another minute, until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the butter and flour, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices back to the pot and stir to coat in the roux.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, thyme, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Once soup is at a simmer, add the frozen peas, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Make the dumplings: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cream. Stir until mixture comes together into single mass of dough.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, form the dough into small round balls about 1 inch (2 ½ cm) in diameter (the dough should yield 14-16 dumplings).
- Place the dough balls in the simmering soup (making sure they don't touch), add the parsley, and cover. Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Ladle into bowls, giving 1-2 dumplings per serving.
QUICK CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
This is the perfect soup for when you're craving chicken and dumplings, but not quite up to the task of making the traditional dish. Store-bought rotisserie chicken and gnocchi live their best lives here, simmered in a comforting broth of chicken stock and heavy cream seasoned with rosemary and thyme. Leeks, carrots and celery are standard, but butternut squash, parsnips, mushrooms, fennel or shallots are worthy additions. Simply sauté your aromatics and vegetables, simmer with some chicken stock and cream, stir in the chicken and gnocchi, and dinner is done in 20 minutes from start to finish.
Provided by Alexa Weibel
Categories dinner, quick, weekday, poultry, soups and stews, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings (about 9 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium. Add the carrots, leek, celery, garlic, rosemary, thyme and poultry seasoning, if using. Season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour, then cook, stirring, 2 minutes. (This cooks the flour to soften its raw flavor.) Gradually stir in the stock and cream, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the mixture boils, stir in the gnocchi, reduce the heat to medium and cook until gnocchi and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken in the last couple of minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with fresh tarragon and more black pepper, if desired.
CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP
- In a small amount of cooking oil sweat the onion, carrots and celery. Add chicken, broth, green beans, barley, celery salt, parsley and bay leaves. Simmer until the barley is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Bring the milk and butter to a boil, add salt and nutmeg. Remove from heat and immediately add flour stirring until dough leaves the sides of the pan. Incorporate the eggs, 1 at a time, forming a sticky dough.
- Season the soup, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add spoon sized balls of dumpling dough and simmer until dumplings rise.
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP
This is a favorite comfort food for our family on a cold night. Instead of chicken broth, I use water plus 3 T. Tone's Chicken Base available at Sam's Club.
Provided by Peprich
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place first 8 ingredients in a Dutch oven and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer until vegetables are just tender (20 min.).
- Mix Bisquik and milk to make drop biscuits.
- Drop by large spoonfuls into soup which has been brought to a rolling boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes, or until dumplings are done.
- (Be sure to remove bay leaf and cloves.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.7, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 27.9, Sodium 2084.3, Carbohydrate 44.9, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 8.9, Protein 19.7
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP
Comfort food for colds, rainy days, and long winter's nights. This is an all-day slow cooking soup, from my Grandma Andersen.
Provided by akgrown
Yield 14-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place chicken in a large stock pot. Add enough water to just cover chicken. Simmer covered, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove Chicken and debone, discard bones and skin. Chop remaining meat.
- Add the rest of Soup ingredients, including chopped chicken, to the broth in the stock pot. Simmer uncovered, 2-3 hours, until veggies are tender.
- For the dumplings, mix together flour baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add oil and milk, mix until just combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup. Do not mix. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered, then 10 minutes tightly covered. Serve hot by carefully scooping into bowls keeping dumplings intact.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.4, Fat 12.6, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 18.9, Sodium 432.3, Carbohydrate 25.2, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.5, Protein 7.7
More about "chicken and dumpling soup recipes"
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 9Calories 477 per servingCategory Lunch, Dinner, Soup
CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS SOUP | CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS …
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE - BOWL ME OVER
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP, CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
10 BEST CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS SOUP FROM SCRATCH - MODERN …
CHICKEN SOUP AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
OLD FASHIONED CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS SOUP - BLESS …
SOUTHERN CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE
QUICK + EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPES
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - READY IN 15 - COOKTHESTORY
OLD-FASHIONED CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - GIRL WITH THE IRON CAST
EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - MELANIE MAKES
CROCKPOT CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP | 8 INGREDIENT | CROCK THE POT
CHICKEN AND GNOCCHI DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - LISA G COOKS
SOUTHERN CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
CREAMY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS SOUP - REAL LIFE DINNER
10 BEST CREAM CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE (TOMATO-BASED)
EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE …
MOM'S CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP - MOMSDISH
CHAPTER 6: CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP - SIMPLE & DELICIOUS CHINESE …
EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - FEEDING YOUR FAM
HOMEMADE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS SOUP | I HEART RECIPES
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE DUMPLING SOUP | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP BISQUICK - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
FOOD NETWORK CANADA | BEST EASY RECIPES & COOKING TIPS
CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS FROM SCRATCH - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
EASY CHICKEN NOODLE DUMPLING SOUP RECIPE - TWIN TO TABLE
CHICKEN DUMPLING SOUP - SIMPLE JOY
BARBADOS (BAJAN) CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - THE FOOD MASHUP
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - THE WOODEN SKILLET
VEGAN "CHICKEN" NOODLE SOUP - BEST OF VEGAN
CREAMY CHICKEN AND DUMPLING SOUP - EASY HOMEMADE RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #soups-stews #poultry #chicken #meat #chicken-thighs-legs
You'll also love