CHICKEN & MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
Chicken and mushroom is a classic combo that's always a winner in my house, whether it's in a lasagna, pot pie or served in this creamy and comforting stroganoff. Served with quick pickled red onions to cut through it with lovely zing, this is a tasty midweek dinner. Happy cooking!
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the rice in a medium pan of boiling salted water over a medium heat for 25 minutes, or until tender, then drain well.
- Tip back into the pan, season with black pepper, cover with a lid and keep to one side.
- Meanwhile, pick and roughly chop the parsley leaves, finely chopping the stalks, then finely slice the mushrooms and peel and finely chop the garlic.
- For the quick pickle, peel the red onion, slice it as finely as you can and tip into a bowl with the vinegar, parsley and a good pinch of sea salt. Scrunch together and put aside.
- Slice the chicken into 2cm strips and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the paprika and add ½ a tablespoon of oil, then finely grate in the lemon zest. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss together.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan over a high heat, add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for 4 minutes, or until softened and lightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add half the quick pickle, fry for 1 further minute, then tip onto a plate and return the pan to the heat.
- Throw in the chicken and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add the mushroom and onion mixture back to the pan with the spinach, stir well and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the sour cream, squeeze in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Sprinkle with the remaining quick pickle and serve with the rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570 calories, Fat 18.3 g fat, SaturatedFat 5.7 g saturated fat, Protein 33 g protein, Carbohydrate 73 g carbohydrate, Sugar 6.6 g sugar, Sodium 0.5 g salt, Fiber 4.5 g fibre
EASY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
- In large non-stick fry pan, melt butter over high heat.
- Place flour in a pie pan; add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Place chicken in fry pan and cook, turning about 5 minutes to brown well on both sides.
- Stir in onions, mushrooms, and any unused flour.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and mustard.
- Pour mixture into fry pan and stir.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley and simmer for 2 additional minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noddles.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Return the skillet to the stove, add the olive oil and increase the heat to medium high. Add the chicken, working in batches if necessary, and cook until it begins to brown on each side, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, soup mix and cooked mushrooms. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the broth is thickened to a gravy, about 7 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with fresh chives.
GREEK YOGURT CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS
The Greek yogurt gives the same tang as sour cream and the low-fat cream cheese adds thickness. My family didn't know the difference. Just made sure your yogurt is plain and not strawberry like I almost got. Serve over noodles or rice.
Provided by DesertWanderer
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms and onions in hot butter until soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir flour into mushroom mixture; cook and stir until light golden brown, about 30 seconds. Add remaining chicken stock to mushroom mixture; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Stir yogurt into sauce; add cream cheese and stir until cheese melts and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken into sauce and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.2 g, Cholesterol 98.3 mg, Fat 28.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 25.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.9 g, Sodium 573.8 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff takes just minutes to throw in the slow cooker! It is so creamy and delicious and will become an instant family favorite! https://therecipecritic.com/slow-cooker-chicken-mushroom-stroganoff/
Provided by Gagoo
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker. Add the mushrooms.
- In a medium sized bowl add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and dry onion soup mix. Mix until incorporated and spread on top of chicken and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4. Serve over noodles and top with fresh parsley and salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 872, Fat 32.1, SaturatedFat 14.3, Cholesterol 239.7, Sodium 1579.9, Carbohydrate 96.5, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 5.9, Protein 48.8
More about "chicken and mushroom stroganoff recipes"
MUSHROOM AND CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Chicken Leftover RecipesCalories 322 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- In small bowl combine 2/3 cup of the sour cream, flour, Worcestershire-style marinade, thyme, bouillon granules and pepper. Gradually stir in water until combined. Set aside.
- In very large skillet cook onion and mushrooms in hot oil over medium-high heat until tender and any liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more or until garlic is fragrant and golden. Stir in chicken. Add sour cream mixture to skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Serve chicken mixture over noodles; top with dollops of the remaining sour cream and chopped tomato.
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (3)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsServings 4Calories 408 per serving
- Place first 8 ingredients in a large stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Place chicken on a cutting board; cool. Remove solids with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- Remove skin from chicken; discard skin. Remove breast halves and leg and thigh meat; reserve bones. Shred 1 chicken breast half and dark meat chicken; reserve for Shredded Chicken Tortilla Soup and Chicken Salad with Bok Choy, Almonds, and Apricots. Add bones to pan; simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours, skimming surface occasionally. Discard bones. Bring stock to a boil; cook 12 minutes or until reduced to 4 1/2 cups.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and mushrooms; cook 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup stock (reserve remaining 4 cups for Shredded Chicken Tortilla Soup) and reserved 1/3 cup pasta cooking liquid; simmer 2 minutes. Cut remaining chicken breast half into 1/2-inch pieces. Stir in chicken pieces, 1/2 teaspoon salt, crème fraîche, chopped tarragon, ground pepper, and pasta. Garnish with tarragon sprigs.
CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine East EuropeanCategory Main CourseServings 4
CROCKPOT CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE | BUNS IN MY OVEN
CHICKEN STROGANOFF - COOKING CLASSY
CHICKEN CARBONARA RECIPE
CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS | THE COZY APRON
CHICKEN STROGANOFF - CAFE DELITES
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE, CREAMY SAUCE, PAN ROASTED MUSHROOM, …
CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES
CREAMY CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS (VIDEO) - VIKALINKA
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
INCREDIBLE CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS - 40 APRONS
CHICKEN STROGANOFF | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN STROGANOFF - CULINARY HILL
EASY CHICKEN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE - LEMON …
CREAMY CHICKEN STROGANOFF • SALT & LAVENDER
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - SWEETLY SPLENDID
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF | HEALTHY RECIPE | WW AUSTRALIA
EASY CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE (MADE WITH SOUR CREAM)
CHICKEN & MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH WILD RICE
CREAMY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH …
CHICKEN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF (THE MOST DELICIOUS …
BEST CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE | MODERNMEALMAKEOVER.COM
CREAMY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE
CHICKEN STROGANOFF | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS - EMILY ENCHANTED
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
MUSHROOM AND CHICKEN STROGANOFF - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHICKEN STROGANOFF - CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN - DELICIOUS …
EASY CHICKEN STROGANOFF SOUR CREAM : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
10 TIPS TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST MUSHROOM AND CHICKEN STROGANOFF
KETO CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS & SPINACH
BEST CHICKEN STROGANOFF (WITH MUSHROOMS) | LIL' LUNA
CHICKEN STROGANOFF - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HEALTHY CHICKEN STROGANOFF W/ MUSHROOMS (20 MINUTES) - BOWL OF …
HEALTHY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken and mushrooms on the stove?In a medium bowl combine chicken, paprika, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan and over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove mushrooms to a plate.
What is chicken mushroom Stroganoff?This Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff is a creamy, savory, luxurious dinner inspired by delicious Eastern European cuisine and it's ready to eat in just half an hour!
How long do you cook chicken stroganoff for?This healthy chicken stroganoff with mushrooms is creamy, simple, and comforting, takes only 20 minutes, and uses Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Cook pasta according to directions in heavily salted water until 1 minute BEFORE it's al dente.
How do you make Stroganoff with chicken thighs and spinach?Take the chicken thighs out, discard the skin and bones and pull the meat into pieces. Return to the pan. Add the spinach and stir to wilt. Taste for seasoning. To serve, divide the rice among four plates and ladle over the stroganoff. Garnish with the remaining thyme.