CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
When we go out for Chinese food, my husband always orders chicken chow mein. I created this recipe using richer-flavored tamari sauce rather than soy. -Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, salt and ginger until smooth; set aside., In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the mushrooms, celery, onion, pepper and carrot in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender., Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 984mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
- In a wok or skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, onions and garlic powder; cook until the onions have wilted. Add chicken broth and baby corn. Continue cooking until celery is cooked but still crisp. Stir in the green beans or bean sprouts and soy sauce.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Slowly stir into vegetables. Sauce should start to thicken a little. Mix in chicken, and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.7 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 19.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 275.6 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CHOW MEIN WITH CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- Whisk soy sauce, corn starch, and sesame oil together in a large bowl until smooth; add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Cook and garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds; add marinated chicken. Cook and stir until browned and no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken mixture to a plate. Cook and stir bok choy, zucchini, snap peas, and carrot in the hot skillet until softened, about 2 minutes. Return noodles and chicken mixture to the skillet. Pour broth mixture into noodle mixture; cook and stir until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve garnished with green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526.5 calories, Carbohydrate 61.7 g, Cholesterol 30.2 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 11.9 g, Protein 29.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 991.7 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
- Boil the noodles according to package instructions. Drain in a colander in the sink and rinse under cold running water. Shake the colander to drain off excess water and pat the noodles dry with a towel. Heat 1/4 cup of the peanut oil in a large seasoned or non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the noodles, spreading them out to evenly cover the skillet, and fry, turning once, until golden brown and crispy, about 8 minutes. (Break the noodles up, by stirring, near the end of the cooking). Transfer noodles to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt to taste. Set aside. Discard any excess oil and wipe out the pan. Whisk together the chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside. Season the chicken with the dark sesame oil, salt, and pepper, and set aside. Heat the skillet over high heat. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil until very hot. Add the ginger, garlic, and scallion and stir-fry, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry, until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the onion, celery, and mushrooms and stir-fry, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and spread the ingredients to the outside of the pan to form a well in the center. Pour the chicken broth mixture into the well, bring to a boil, and stir to coat the chow mein mixture. Stir in the bean sprouts and remove from the heat. Season generously to taste with pepper. Transfer chicken chow mein to a warm platter and top with the fried noodles. Serve immediately with rice. Pass more soy sauce at the table.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
CHICKEN AND RICE CHOW MEIN
I sometimes make this recipe with leftover chicken and rice. My children keep me running most of the day, so a quick casserole for dinner helps smooth out bumps in our schedule.-Beth Pallwitz, Tacoma, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, celery and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the soup, soy sauce and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in rice., Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with noodles. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are crisp.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "chicken and rice chow mein recipes"
10 BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE WITH CHOW MEIN NOODLES …
10 BEST CHOW MEIN RICE NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN WITH BEST CHOW MEIN SAUCE ...
5/5 (96)Total Time 35 minsCategory Easy/MediumCalories 340 per serving
- In a small mixing bowl, use a whisk to combine oyster sauce, granulated sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, chicken broth and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or pan with olive oil over medium-heat. Cut your chicken breasts into bite-sized strips and cook them in the oil until golden brown. Remove strips and set aside.
- Add carrots, cabbage and pressed garlic and saute for a few minutes until veggies are slightly softened and the cabbage is a bit translucent.
CASHEW CHICKEN CHOW MEIN RECIPE - TODD PORTER AND …
Servings 2-3Total Time 30 mins
- In medium bowl combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, brown sugar and water. Set sauce mixture aside.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic and onions are soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 421 per serving
- Chop up the vegetables and chicken. Whenever I know I'm making a dish that requires a good amount of chopping, I chop my veggies the night before, cover them in plastic warp and refrigerate them. This really speeds up the cooking processes.
BEEF CHOW MEIN RECIPE - COOK IT REAL GOOD
4.4/5 (18)Category DinnerCuisine WesternTotal Time 30 mins
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until onion softened, approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, carrot, powdered chicken stock, rice and soy sauce and stir to combine. The water should cover the mince completely, so if it hasn't, add a touch more.
EASY CHICKEN CHOW MEIN RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Cuisine ChineseCategory Quick And EasyServings 2Total Time 40 mins
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN | SOSCUISINE
5/5 (128)Servings 2Cuisine ChineseCategory Main Courses/Entrées
BEEF AND CABBAGE CHOW MEIN RECIPE - THE LINKS SITE
5/5 (1)Category Main, DinnerServings 4-6Total Time 35 mins
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
4.7/5 (7)Calories 315 per servingCategory Main Course
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST RECIPES, …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN CHOW MEIN RECIPE | JD …
OLD FASHIONED CHICKEN CHOW MEIN RECIPES
CHICKEN SUBGUM CHOW MEIN RECIPES
SUBGUM CHICKEN CHOW MEIN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN AND RICE CHOW MEIN RECIPE
CHICKEN AND RICE CHOW MEIN - TFRECIPES.COM
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN & FLUFFY WHITE RICE - RECIPE | …
CHOW MEIN CHICKEN RECIPES
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN CABBAGE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MUM’S CHOW MEIN « CHILDHOOD MEMORIES OF 1960S …
CHICKEN CHOW MEIN | EASY CHICKEN CHOW MEIN …
CHICKEN AND RICE CHOW MEIN CASSEROLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook Chow mein with brown rice?Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. 1 cup chow mein with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice and 1 tablespoon chow mein noodles: 307 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 984mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
What is the healthiest chicken chow mein recipe?This version of chicken chow mein has less than 300 calories per serving and is a great source of vitamin A. COMBINE chicken, rice wine, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir to coat, then marinate about 10 min. COOK noodles, following package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water, then toss with 1 tsp canola oil.
How do you cook chicken chow mein noodles?This version of chicken chow mein has less than 300 calories per serving and is a great source of vitamin A. COMBINE chicken, rice wine, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir to coat, then marinate about 10 min. COOK noodles, following package directions.
How do you make chow mein sauce?Mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and white pepper to make the chow mein sauce. For a sweeter sauce, add a touch of honey or sugar. Heat half the sesame oil in a skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and cooked through.