CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP WITH GINGER AND TURMERIC
Many countries have some form of creamy rice porridge in their culinary canon, such as Chinese congee, Filipino lugaw or arroz caldo and Korean juk, to name just a few. Seasonings vary, but all call for simmering a little bit of rice with a lot of liquid until the grains tenderize and break down to create a deeply comforting soup. Ideal for those harboring colds or seeking comfort, this brothy chicken-and-rice soup begins with poaching an entire chicken, which takes time, but guarantees tender meat. The rendered fat creates a rich, flavorful broth, while coriander and turmeric add earthy notes. Fresh cilantro, red chile and ginger brighten the dish.
Provided by Alexa Weibel
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large pot, combine the oil with 3/4 cup scallions, the garlic, finely chopped ginger, coriander and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until coated. Add the chicken stock and 2 teaspoons salt, and bring to a boil over high. Meanwhile, prepare the bok choy: Trim and discard the ends, then halve crosswise, separating the leafy bok choy tops from the heftier stems. Cut the stems crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Once the stock comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and carefully add the whole chicken, then the wings and legs, adding the meat in a single layer. (If the chicken isn't fully submerged, add enough water until the meat is fully covered.) Cover the pot with a lid, leaving the lid cracked open about 1 inch, and simmer over medium-low until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. (Reduce the heat to low if necessary. You want to keep it at a low simmer to ensure the chicken stays tender.) Transfer the chicken to a large bowl.
- Continue to cook the soup over medium, uncovered, until the rice is tender and the liquid starts to thicken, 20 to 25 minutes. While the rice continues to cook, shred the chicken: Once cool, discard the chicken skin and tear the meat into bite-size pieces, discarding the bones. (You should have about 3 packed cups of shredded meat.)
- Stir the bok choy stems and shredded chicken into the soup, and simmer just until stems are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the leafy bok choy tops, and season to taste with salt.
- Divide among bowls and serve with bowls of chile, cilantro, sliced scallions and julienned ginger, to garnish.
INDONESIAN CHICKEN SOUP WITH NOODLES, TURMERIC AND GINGER (SOTO AYAM)
Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots, celery leaves and herbs, and is hearty enough for a meal.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories dinner, soups and stews, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Place chicken in a medium pot with lemongrass, lime leaves (if using), salt and 2 quarts water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off any foam and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 45 minutes, skimming as needed to make a clear broth. Remove chicken pieces from broth and set aside. Remove and discard lemon grass and lime leaves; reserve stock in pot. When chicken is cool enough to handle, discard skin and bones and shred meat into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, combine peppercorns, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a small food processor. Pulse until ground. Add halved shallots, garlic, turmeric and ginger and pulse to a thick paste. (Add a little water if needed.)
- Heat peanut oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. When very hot, add spice paste and cook, stirring until paste is cooked and beginning to separate from the oil, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked spice paste and chicken meat to stock. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Turn off heat under soup and stir in lime juice. Taste for salt.
- To serve, divide noodles in large soup bowls. Ladle chicken pieces and soup on top and sprinkle with celery leaves or herbs, and fried shallots, if using. Pass lime and sambal at the table.
- Eat from soup bowl, or serve a scoop of rice on a side plate, sprinkled with more shallots, and put a mouthful of noodles and chicken on rice. Combine on a spoon, dab with sambal, and eat.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 762, UnsaturatedFat 31 grams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fat 47 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 49 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 789 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
TURMERIC-GINGER CHICKEN SOUP
If you need to get dinner on the table fast but you're tight on time, you can make this restorative, immunity-boosting soup with store-bought broth and rotisserie chicken.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 6 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute garlic, turmeric, and ginger in oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add stock; bring to a simmer. Add pasta; cook 1 minute less than per package instructions. Add chicken; heat through, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with microgreens and scallions.
TURMERIC-GINGER CHICKEN SOUP
Chicken noodle soup never gets old. If you don't have udon for this recipe, use rice noodles or regular old spaghetti. A small knob of fresh turmeric can replace the dried type.
Provided by Claire Saffitz
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place chicken, onions, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, turmeric, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and several pinches of salt in a large pot. Pour in cold water to cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and gently simmer until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breast registers 155°F, 30-35 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and let cool slightly; keep stock simmering. Remove skin from chicken; discard. Pull meat from bones and shred into bite-size pieces; set aside. Return bones and carcass to stock. Increase heat and bring stock to a boil; cook until reduced by about one-third, 15-20 minutes. Season with more salt if needed.
- Strain stock into a large saucepan; discard solids. Add carrots, bring to a simmer, and cook until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Divide noodles among bowls. Add shredded chicken meat to stock and cook just until heated through; season stock with more salt if needed. Ladle over noodles. Top soup with scallions and drizzle with chili oil.
GINGER TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: water, Simple Truth® Chicken Breasts, bay leaves, whole black peppercorn, kosher salt, olive oil, small yellow onion, medium carrots, shiitake mushroom, garlic, grated fresh ginger, ground ginger, ground turmeric, fresh rosemary, dinosaur kale, chicken stock, angel hair pasta, freshly ground black pepper
Provided by Kroger
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Add the Simple Truth® Chicken Breasts, bay leaves, whole black peppercorns, and salt. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C), about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and transfer to a cutting board. Let cool enough to handle, then dice into ¾" pieces.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and mushrooms, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and fresh ginger, and cook until fragrant, 30-45 seconds. Add the ground ginger, turmeric, rosemary, and kale. Stir to combine for 30 seconds, then pour in the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high to bring the soup to a boil, then add the angel hair pasta and diced Simple Truth® Chicken Breasts. Cook according to the package instructions until the pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
CHICKEN-AND-RICE SOUP WITH GINGER
Infusing chicken broth with garlic and ginger makes a fragrant, flavorful soup base. We won't say we've found the cure for the common cold, but a warm bowl of this aromatic soup sure hits the spot when you're feeling under the weather.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium pot, bring broth, 2 cups water, garlic, and ginger to a simmer over medium. Add chicken and rice and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. With tongs, transfer chicken to a plate. Cover pot and simmer until rice is tender, 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Shred chicken and return to pot. Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 1 g
ONE-POT GINGER CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chicken thighs, yellow onion, ginger, garlic, jasmine rice, water, Nakano® Natural Rice Vinegar, soy sauce, kosher salt, scallions, Nakano Natural Rice Vinegar, sugar, chili flakes
Provided by Nakano
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Chicken and rice: Season chicken thighs on both sides with kosher salt. Place chicken, skin side down, in a Dutch oven or heavy pot. Turn on heat to medium-low. Let cook for 5 minutes, then increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking until skin is golden brown and chicken thighs easily release from the pan, about 6-8 more minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pot with the chicken fat over medium-low heat, add onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and translucent, about 8 minutes. Stir in jasmine rice, water, Nakano® Natural Rice Vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Nestle chicken thighs into the rice, skin side up, making sure that the chicken is not fully submerged. Bring to a simmer, then cover pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, then take pot off the heat and let rest for 10 minutes while making the scallion sauce.
- Scallion sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir and use the back of a spoon to press down and lightly crush the scallions.
- Fluff rice and serve with the chicken and the scallion sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 34 grams, Sugar 9 grams
More about "chicken and rice soup with ginger and turmeric recipes"
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP WITH GREEN CHILES AND GINGER
TURMERIC-GINGER CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
TURMERIC CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - EDWARD LEE - FOOD
HEALING CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
10 BEST TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER-TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - FED & FIT
GINGER AND TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | THE …
INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND RICE TURMERIC SOUP RECIPE
GINGER AND TURMERIC CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - THE KITCHENARIUM
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Gluten Free
LEMON GINGER TURMERIC CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - CLOSET COOKING
Reviews 4Total Time 1 hrServings 6
GINGER AND TURMERIC CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | SIMPLY ORGANIC
GINGER TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | MARK'S DAILY APPLE
TURMERIC GINGER CHICKEN SOUP (GREAT FOR COLD & FLU SEASON) - THE …
CHICKEN SOUP WITH TURMERIC AND GINGER – PREVENTION RD
TURMERIC RECIPES CHICKEN BEST RECIPES
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RESTORATIVE GINGER AND TURMERIC NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP WITH GINGER AND TURMERIC RECIPE - PINTEREST
TURMERIC GINGER CHICKEN RICE SKILLET RECIPE | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP - GET INSPIRED EVERYDAY!
TURMERIC GINGER CHICKEN AND RICE | NOURISHING MEALS®
ONE SKILLET GINGER & TURMERIC CHICKEN THIGHS WITH RICE
CHICKEN RICE SOUP WITH TURMERIC - EVERYDAYMAVEN™
TURMERIC GINGER CHICKEN SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
10 BEST TURMERIC GINGER SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN & RICE SOUP WITH GINGER AND TURMERIC | SALADS / SOUPS / …
LEMON-GINGER CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | JEN'S ROOTED KITCHEN
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP WITH GINGER AND TURMERIC RECIPE
HEALING GINGER CHICKEN SOUP WITH RICE | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
CFC HEALING TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
CHICKEN, GINGER & TURMERIC SOUP WITH RICE • THYME WITH LAURA
TURMERIC LEMON CHICKEN SOUP (YOU'LL MAKE IT ON REPEAT!) | THE ...
GINGER AND TURMERIC CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - ALBERTA JEWISH NEWS
LEMON GINGER TURMERIC CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | RECIPE IN 2022
BOOS† GINGER TURMERIC CHICKEN RICE SOUP FOR THE SOUL.
TURMERIC CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
LEMONGRASS GINGER CHICKEN SOUP WITH TURMERIC RICE NOODLES
CHICKEN SOUP WITH GINGER RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
CARROT GINGER TURMERIC SOUP WITH CHICKEN AND RICE
CHICKEN SOUP WITH TURMERIC - FEARLESS DINING
You'll also love