CHICKEN PARMESAN BREAD BOWL RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: breadcrumb, fresh parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, pepper, flour, eggs, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, oil, bread bowl, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, butter, garlic, fresh parsley, parmesan cheese, fresh basil
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper to bread crumbs.
- Place flour and eggs in two other medium bowls.
- Roll the chicken breast in the flour, dusting off any excess. Dip the chicken into the egg, then place into the breadcrumbs, coating it completely.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, fry the breaded chicken strips until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Slice the cooked chicken breast into ½-inch (1 cm) thick strips.
- Slice the top of the bread bowl off and scoop out the insides. Save the top of the bowl.
- Spoon and spread some of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the bowl, then layer on mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, chicken strips, marinara, remaining mozzarella, Parmesan, chicken strips, marinara, and remaining Parmesan.
- Place the cap of the bread bowl on top.
- Wrap the bread bowl in foil, then weigh it down with a heavy object for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- Remove the foil from the bread bowl and brush the garlic butter mixture evenly over it.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and slice.
- Garnish with basil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 722 calories, Carbohydrate 72 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 44 grams, Sugar 6 grams
CHICKEN FAJITA BOWL
- Grease a grill pan with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper; place in the prepared pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper slices; saute until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Mix in diced tomatoes and cooked chicken. Cook until liquid is mostly evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Microwave cauliflower rice following package instructions for 5 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Carefully open the package of cauliflower rice and divide between 2 bowls. Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture evenly between the bowls. Top with Cheddar cheese, avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 647.6 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 182.3 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 9.5 g, Protein 64.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.2 g, Sodium 1229.2 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
CHICKEN SPINACH DIP BREAD BOWLS
My family loves artichoke spinach dip, so I thought I could turn this popular appetizer into a chicken entree. The sourdough bowl makes a fun presentation. I love that with this recipe I can make one for dinner and wrap one for the freezer! -Merry Graham, Newhall, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400°. Thaw spinach, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid., In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine oil and garlic. Microwave on high 30-45 seconds or until warmed. Cut a thin slice off top of each bread loaf. Hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/2-in.-thick shells (save removed bread for another use). Brush 2 tablespoons oil mixture over outside and inside of bread bowls. Place bread bowls on a baking sheet., Strain remaining oil mixture into a large skillet; discard garlic. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan., Add chicken to pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium. Add artichoke hearts, cream cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, spinach, pepper mixture and reserved spinach liquid; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in 1/4 cup crumbled bacon. Remove from heat., Divide mixture between bread bowls; top with remaining bacon. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over filling and bowls., Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 8-12 minutes longer or until filling is heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. To serve, cut each bowl into 4 wedges. Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture before filling bread bowls. Securely wrap unbaked bowls in foil; place in resealable plastic freezer bags and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap bowls and place on a baking sheet. Cover loosely with foil and bake in a preheated 350° oven 1 hour. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until filling is heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts :
CHICKEN STEW IN A BREAD BOWL
I got the idea for this recipe from a book called Cook Milk in any flavour you like. Mine is similar but with many modifications. I use store bought bread bowls, however I have noticed bread bowl recipes on this site. The other option is to serve it with dumplings
Provided by Chef at Heart
Yield 6 bowls, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place chicken in a large pot.
- Add water, bouillon, poultry seasoning and thyme.
- Simmer chicken for one and a half hours, or until done.
- Remove chicken, straining it into a large bowl.
- Return stock to large pot.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and celery.
- Simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from the bones and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine milk and flour and gradually add to stew.
- Add peas and stir to stew comes back to a boil and thickens.
- Return chicken and heat through.
- Serve in bread bowls.
- ** either use skinned chicken pieces or skin after cooking and skim fat off after cooking broth.
- ** you can also use a store bought deli chicken (the skin is easily removed), removing meat and using the carcass to make the broth - you may have to add extra bouillon as per your taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.7, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 89.1, Sodium 356.6, Carbohydrate 29, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3.1, Protein 30.8
CHICKEN BREAD BOWL
- Sprinkle the yeast over 2/3 cup of warm water in a small bowl. The water should be no more than 100 degrees F (40 degrees C). Let stand for 5 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam. Mix brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and butter together in a small bowl. Combine the yeast mixture with the brown sugar mixture in a large mixing bowl; stir well to combine. Stir in 1 cup of flour until no dry spots remain. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of flour, a 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, then place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken thighs, kiwi, oregano, cumin, taco seasoning, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of flour; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken thighs; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and simmer over medium-low heat until the chicken thighs are until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato; cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in half of the Cheddar cheese; set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Use a knife to divide the dough into three equal pieces-don't tear it. Coat three equally sized oven safe glass or ceramic bowls with oil and place a piece of dough into each bowl. Take three smaller oven safe glass or ceramic bowls and coat the outside of each bowl with oil. Press the smaller bowl into the larger bowl, leaving about 1/2 an inch between the bowls. Allow bread to rise, while continuously pushing the smaller bowl into the larger bowl, about 10 minutes.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush the edges of the dough with butter, then sprinkle with with the Parmesan cheese mixture. Place bowls on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Allow bowls to cool for 10 minutes, then remove both small and large glass bowls. Fill each bread bowl with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese. Return the filled bread bowls to the oven and bake until the Cheddar cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 678.1 calories, Carbohydrate 78 g, Cholesterol 100.7 mg, Fat 24.3 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 1996.3 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
SANTA FE CHICKEN BREAD BOWLS
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Remove dough from cans. Cut each loaf into 3 pieces; shape each into ball, placing seam at bottom so dough is smooth on top. Place dough balls, seam side down, on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 22 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. With sharp knife, cut small portion off top of each loaf. Lightly press center of bread down to form bowls. Place each bread bowl on individual serving plate. Spoon about 1 cup chicken mixture into each. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place top of each bread bowl next to filled bread bowl.;
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN BOWL
Provided by Ree Drummond Bio & Top Recipes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat an oiled grill pan over medium heat.
- Mix the teriyaki and sweet chile sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill. Brush the tops with the teriyaki-chile mixture and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then flip. Brush the tops with the rest of the sauce and cook until cooked through, 4 minutes more. Just before they are done, flip them over again for a final minute to caramelize. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Oil the grill pan again if necessary, then add the pineapple and peppers. Cook until nice grill marks have formed, about 2 minutes per side. Remove.
- Add the rice to the bottoms of 4 bowls. Slice the chicken and fan along the edge of each bowl. Fill the open space with the grilled peppers, pineapple and diced avocado. Garnish with the cilantro, sesame seeds and a slice of lime.
CHICKEN CAESAR FLATBREAD BOWL RECIPE BY TASTY
Why not make your entire meal edible, even the bowl you serve it in?! The three-ingredient flatbread bowl is easy to whip up for lunch or a fun dinner, and all you have left to do is grill some chicken, throw together a yummy dressing, and assemble the salad. If you are running short on time, use store-bought Caesar dressing and shredded rotisserie chicken.
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Make the flatbread bowl: In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and yogurt with a flexible spatula to combine. Knead the dough with your hands until a smooth ball forms, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Turn out the dough and roll out to a 9-inch (22.5 cm) round as thin as a sheet of paper. Rotate the round occasionally to help the dough hold its shape. Lightly dust with flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking, but be careful not to use too much flour, which will make the flatbread tough.
- Invert an 8-inch (20 cm) metal bowl so the domed side faces up. Grease the bowl generously with nonstick spray, then spray one side of the dough. Gently lay the dough, greased-side down, over the bowl, pressing it flush against the surface. It's fine if the dough folds over on itself in places. Grease the inside of the other bowl, then spray the exposed side of the dough. Press the second bowl over the dough. With a paring knife, trim any excess dough around the edges.
- Transfer the bowls, still upside down, to a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown, lift the top bowl to check. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- When the bowls are cool enough to handle, remove the top bowl. Gently invert the other bowl and let the flatbread bowl slide off. Let cool completely on the rack. It will continue to crisp as it cools.
- Make the salad: Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until deep golden brown, about 6 minutes per side, or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165°F (75˚C) on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the chicken from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Parmesan, and salt to taste. Drizzle in the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly to emulsify. Stir in the yogurt until smooth. Season with pepper to taste, if desired.
- Once the chicken has rested, thinly slice.
- Fill the flatbread bowl with the romaine, then top with the sliced chicken, croutons, dressing, and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1238 calories, Carbohydrate 66 grams, Fat 68 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 87 grams, Sugar 12 grams
More about "chicken bread bowl recipes"
SANTA FE CHICKEN BREAD BOWLS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHICKEN SALAD IN BREAD BOWL - BIGOVEN
BEST CHICKEN ALFREDO BREAD BOAT RECIPE - DELISH
13 RECIPES TO MAKE IN A BREAD BOWL - TASTE OF HOME
MINI BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP BREAD BOWLS - EMILY BITES
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU BREAD BOWLS | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
HOMEMADE BREAD BOWLS - COOKING CLASSY
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE THE BUFFALO …
BREAD BOWL CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - HEALTHY WORLD …
MINI CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE BREAD BOWLS · I AM A FOOD …
CHICKEN ALFREDO IN A BREAD BOWL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE: COPYCAT PANERA BROTH BOWL WITH CHICKEN - THE FOOD HUSSY
HOMEMADE BREAD BOWLS RECIPE (JUST 5 INGREDIENTS) | KITCHN
HORMEL | RECIPES
CRISPY BREAD SALAD WITH CHICKEN AND RADICCHIO | RECIPE | KITCHEN …
MINI CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE BREAD BOWLS | LA BREA BAKERY
COPYCAT PANERA TERIYAKI CHICKEN & BROCCOLI BOWL - THE FOOD HUSSY
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP BREAD BOWL RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
CHICKEN BREAD BOWL - MRS. GERRY'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU BREAD BOWLS - CREATIONS BY KARA
CHICKEN AND NOODLES IN A BREAD BOWL RECIPE
DIP YOUR CHIP INTO THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP STUFFED BREAD BOWL!
BREAD BOWL CHICKEN POT PIE (COFFIN BREAD) | SAVEUR
CHICKEN BACON BREAD BOWL RECIPE - GRIT
BUFFALO CHICKEN BREAD BOWL AND OTHER CHEFCLUB US RECIPES ORIGINAL
BREAD BOWL RECIPE LIST FOR WINTER | 15 SENSATIONAL RECIPES
PANERA MEDITERRANEAN GRAIN BOWL WITH CHICKEN - COPYKAT RECIPES
GARLIC BREAD BOWL CHICKEN SLOPPY JOES - SIMPLY STACIE
BUTTER CHICKEN BREAD BOWL - YOUTUBE
CHICKEN PARMESAN BREAD BOWL RECIPE BY TASTY - PINTEREST
CHICKEN BREAD BOWL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHICKEN GYRO BOWLS - RECIPE RUNNER
HOMEMADE BREAD BOWLS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHICKEN GRAIN BOWL - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP IN BREAD BOWLS – BUSY IN BROOKLYN
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - IN A BREAD BOWL - APRIL GOLIGHTLY
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP IN BREAD BOWLS (QUICK AND EASY!)
BREAKFAST BREAD BOWLS - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
EASY BREAD BOWL RECIPE - I HEART NAP TIME
THIS ALFREDO BREAD BOWL RECIPE IS THE COMFORT MEAL YOU'VE BEEN
You'll also love