CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
For a quick hearty entree, make these no-fuss poultry cutlets from Judy Grebetz of Racine, Wisconsin. The boneless chicken breasts brown on the stovetop in no tine.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle both sides with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear., Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the green onion and garlic; saute for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, tarragon and remaining pepper. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender., In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and wine or additional broth until smooth. Stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts :
CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM CHICKEN THIGHS
Golden seared chicken thighs in a thick and creamy mushroom garlic sauce with a sprinkle of herbs and parmesan cheese is THE weeknight dinner everyone raves about! Serve over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes OR lower carb options like mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles!
Provided by Karina
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thighs in batches until browned on each side and no longer pink in centre (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Add remaining oil if needed for second batch. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- To the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary; sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Stir in cream, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue cooking until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it to melt through the sauce for a further 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 kcal, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 26 g, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Cholesterol 151 mg, Sodium 442 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- In shallow dish, stir 1/2 cup Bisquick mix and the garlic powder. In another shallow dish, beat egg. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned. Add 3 tablespoons Bisquick mix and the onions; cook and stir until mixed. Stir in milk and soy sauce. Cook until mixture is thick and bubbly. Serve over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 1 g
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY
This is simple to make and so good! I have made it several times and plan on making it on a regular basis, we really enjoyed this chicken dish. Although it does not say to, I deglazed the pan with about 1/4 cup dry white wine after I browned the cutlets and transfered them to a plate, you can also deglaze with dry vermouth. If you don't care for garlic then leave it out.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon thyme, allspice, salt and pepper (set aside about 1 heaping tablespoon flour).
- Rinse the chicken in cold water, pat dry with paper towel.
- Coat the chicken with flour mixture.
- In a heavy large skillet oven medium heat melt the butter with olive oil.
- Add the chicken and brown for about 3-4 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate.
- At this point you can deglaze with white wine if desired.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, onion, garlic (if using) and remaining 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme; saute until mushrooms are brown (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in reserved 1 tablespoon flour; cook 1 minute.
- Add in the whipping cream, grated Parmesan cheese and chicken broth; bring to a boil and stir occasionally.
- Return the chicken and any juices to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until the chicken is cooked through and the gravy thickens slighty (about 5-8 minutes).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552, Fat 36.8, SaturatedFat 20.5, Cholesterol 173.9, Sodium 959.2, Carbohydrate 20.9, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 3.4, Protein 35.7
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOM DRESSING
This French-inspired chicken dish isn't exactly weeknight fare, but it is sophisticated comfort food that is well worth the effort. First, boneless chicken thighs or breasts are pounded into cutlets, marinated in garlic, lemon juice and thyme (up to 6 hours, but even a short sit will do nicely), then breaded and fried. They are then dressed in a rich yet delightfully piquant sauce of mushrooms, shallots, garlic, Dijon mustard, white wine and balsamic vinegar that is a welcome contrast to the richness of the fried chicken. Serve with a crisp green salad (and a potato gratin or pommes Anna if you're feeling particularly ambitious). If you'd prefer to fry the chicken 30 minutes or so in advance and keep it in the oven at 175 degrees, that'll work beautifully. As for what to drink, this dish pairs perfectly with the pinot noirs of the Côte Chalonnaise on the southern end of Burgundy. Bon appétit!
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine lemon juice, half the olive oil and half the garlic in a shallow dish that can hold chicken in a single layer. Add chicken, turn to coat, dust with salt and pepper and top with thyme sprigs. Cover and refrigerate about 6 hours.
- About 45 minutes before serving, heat remaining olive oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add shallots and remaining garlic and sauté on medium until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until they are moist and softened, starting to color and have exuded juices. Shut off heat. Dissolve mustard in wine and mix in vinegar. Reheat mushrooms, add mustard mixture and cook on medium-high until liquid has reduced to thickness of heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl, eggs in another bowl and bread crumbs in a third. Discard thyme sprigs from chicken. Dip chicken thighs, 1 at a time, lightly in flour, then egg, then crumbs to coat both sides. Set on a plate. Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron. Sauté chicken cutlets on medium until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side in 2 shifts. Remove to a serving platter as they are done. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Reheat mushrooms and add thyme leaves. Place some mushroom mixture on each cutlet along with a lemon wedge and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 412, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 713 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CREAM OF MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter/margarine. Add the soup, water and milk. Stir together over medium heat. Add the onion, salt and pepper and bring all to a boil.
- When mixture starts boiling, add the chicken meat and simmer all together until chicken is cooked through. Add the sliced mushrooms and boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 99.7 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 35 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 548.7 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
SMOTHERED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY
- Blend flour, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and allspice in small bowl. Set aside 1 tablespoon of flour mixture. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then with enough of remaining flour mixture to coat.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet. Sauté until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate. Add mushrooms, onion, and remaining 1 teaspoon thyme to skillet. Sauté until mushrooms are brown, about 5 minutes. Mix in reserved 1 tablespoon flour mixture; cook 1 minute. Add cream and broth and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Return chicken and any collected juices to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and gravy thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
SKILLET CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOMS
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and mushrooms and cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and until mushrooms are softened.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, parsley and capers and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.2, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 452, Carbohydrate 1.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.6, Protein 24.7
PAN-FRIED CHICKEN BREAST WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and are reduced in size, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together water, white wine, and gravy packet in a small bowl and pour into the skillet.
- Bring liquid to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken breasts and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 63.7 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 27.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 765.9 mg
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
This deliciously moist chicken is a longtime favorite with family and friends of Darolyn Jones in Fishers, Indiana. "It's so easy, comforting and rich." she says. "A friend shared the recipe years ago, and I adapted it by adding a few new ingredients. I like to serve it over mashed potatoes or rice."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, gravy, milk, mushrooms, chilies and dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender., Stir in cream cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469 calories, Fat 26g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 168mg cholesterol, Sodium 1740mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 42g protein.
More about "chicken cutlets with creamy mushroom gravy recipes"
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (95)Calories 398 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- Place a plastic bag or cling wrap over the chicken and pound to even thickness 2cm / 4/5" thick. Sprinkle both sides generously with salt and pepper.
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
BAKED CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MOZZARELLA AND MUSHROOM GRAVY
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS WITH HERB GRAVY - FEAST AND FARM
20-MINUTE CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN CUTLETS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
TASTY 2-STEP CHICKEN BAKE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
EASY CHICKEN LEGS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - JULIA'S …
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN (WITH AN AMAZING CREAM …
CHICKEN CUTLET - RECIPES.NET
MUSHROOM GRAVY FOR CHICKEN - WHERE IS MY SPOON
CHICKEN CUTLETS, GNOCCHI AND KALE WITH CREAMY …
SKILLET CHICKEN WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE ...
CHICKEN BREAST IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
CRISPY ALMOND FLOUR CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY — UNWRITTEN RECIPES
ONE SKILLET CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - CHELSEA JOY EATS
15+ CREAMY CHICKEN CUTLET RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CHICKEN CUTLETS IN CREAMY SAUCE (30 MINS START TO FINISH)
SMOTHERED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
EASY CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY
FRIED CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH GRAVY - PASTRY CHEF ONLINE
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOM AND ONION CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
CREAM OF MUSHROOM CHICKEN (EASY SKILLET DINNER!) - KITCHEN GIDGET
10 BEST CHICKEN CUTLET WITH GRAVY RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRISPY CHICKEN RECIPE WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY | RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH HERBED MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
BAKED CREAM OF MUSHROOM CHICKEN · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
CREAMY CHICKEN WITH PEAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY CHICKEN CUTLETS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
FRIED CHICKEN CUTLETS AND COUNTRY GRAVY - THE SEASONED MOM
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - MUNATY COOKING
CHICKEN BREAST CUTLETS WITH A CREAMY MUSHROOM & SAGE SAUCE …
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH ROSEMARY-DIJON GRAVY - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHICKEN CUTLET AND MUSHROOM RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN MUSHROOM GRAVY (UNDER 30 MINUTES) - MOMSDISH
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #eggs-dairy #poultry #easy #dinner-party #holiday-event #chicken #stove-top #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts #brunch #taste-mood #savory #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken and mushrooms in a skillet?Heat oil and melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until golden, then turn and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil. Add 1 tbsp butter to the skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until pretty golden. Add remaining 1 tbsp butter and garlic.
Is there gravy in chicken with Mushroom gravy?This Chicken with Mushroom Gravy is a total crowd pleaser, and a great quick one for midweek! Juicy, pan seared chicken breast is smothered with a mushroom gravy that is absolutely to die for. And don’t worry – this recipe makes plenty of gravy!
How do you cook chicken cutlets in a sauce?Add chicken stock, bring to simmer and let reduce by half. Add the cream, stir, add all the chicken cutlets and simmer for about 8 minutes until sauce thickens and cutlets are fully cooked. Serve family style with pasta, mashed potatoes, rice or roasted veggies.
How to cook mushrooms on the stove with gravy?Gravy: Add 1 tbsp butter to the skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until pretty golden. Add remaining 1 tbsp butter and garlic. Cook for 1 minute until mushrooms are golden. Turn heat DOWN to medium. Add flour and mix for 1 minute. Add about 1/4 of the beef broth, mixing as you go.