- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wring defrosted spinach dry in a clean kitchen towel. Place turkey in a bowl and make a well in the middle of it. Add the spinach, all but 3 tablespoons of the onion, all of the garlic, 1 large egg, about 1/4 cup milk, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well. Form into 12 large balls and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange on a nonstick cookie sheet and roast 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While balls are in the oven, heat a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Melt butter, add remaining finely chopped onion and cook 2 minutes then whisk in flour. Cook flour 1 minute, then whisk in 1 1/2 cups milk and 1 cup stock. Bring liquid up to a boil then stir in shredded provolone or blended Italian cheeses. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg, turn heat to lowest setting.
- Place 3 balls on dinner plates and top with sauce, garnish with parsley.
Because these meatballs freeze and reheat well, we use them as a quick addition to spaghetti, on subs or as an appetizer. -Louise Graybiel, Toronto, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings plus 16 cooked meatballs.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 32 balls., Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 24-28 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels., Save half of the meatballs for Italian Stroganoff (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. In a large saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce; add the remaining meatballs. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403 calories, Fat 19g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 1197mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
FLORENTINE MAC AND CHEESE AND ROAST CHICKEN SAUSAGE MEATBALLS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for pasta. When it comes to a boil, salt it and add the pasta to cook to al dente. Strain pasta reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- While the water is coming to a boil, in a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, salt and pepper, rosemary, fennel seeds, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano - a rounded handful, egg and bread crumbs. *If the mixture seems too wet, add a handful of bread crumbs and mix together.
- Form 8 large round balls, about 3 to 4-inches. Coat balls in a couple of tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and lightly grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange balls on the baking sheet and roast 17 to 18 minutes until juices run clear.
- Defrost spinach in microwave 8 to 10 minutes on "defrost" setting depending on the microwave. Place the boxes in a shallow dish to catch any run off.
- While the meatballs roast, in a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter, whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in stock and milk, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and thicken 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup grated Parmigiano and reduce heat on lowest setting.
- Wring spinach completely dry in clean kitchen towel then separate as you add it to the sauce. Also add the reserved 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta with the spinach-white sauce and adjust seasonings.
- Serve Florentine Mac-n-Cheese with 2 meatballs per person along side.
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS
Served over squash and a chunky, mushroom-tomato sauce, these tender meatballs are tops when it comes to great flavor. -Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls., Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender., For sauce, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add meatballs and heat through., When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with meatballs and sauce. Freeze option: Place individual portions of cooled meatballs and squash in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 123mg cholesterol, Sodium 617mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN MEATBALLS AND SPAGHETTI
Chicken meatballs and spaghetti is a great alternative to beef or pork. Now, I love beef and pork, but I wanted to give my family something different. This is a recipe for a family of five, plus a little extra for leftovers.
Provided by Kimberly Anne Thomas
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Stir together the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and basil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes while preparing meatballs.
- Mix together the ground chicken, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Add meatballs to the simmering pasta sauce and cook until internal temperature of meatballs reaches a minimum of 160 degrees F (72 degrees C), about 30 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the spaghetti, and return to a boil. Cook until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain. Serve the meatballs and sauce over the cooked spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.9 calories, Carbohydrate 65.9 g, Cholesterol 120.1 mg, Fat 8.3 g, Fiber 11.5 g, Protein 42.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 876.3 mg, Sugar 10.5 g
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wring defrosted spinach dry in a clean kitchen towel.
- Place turkey in a bowl and make a well in the middle of it.
- Add the spinach, onion, garlic, 1 large egg, about 1/4 cup milk, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well. Form into 12 large balls and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange on a nonstick cookie sheet and roast 20 to 25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Top with alfredo sauce.
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS WITH FONDUDITA
Giant chicken meatballs with a creamy cheese sauce. A great way to sneak spinach into your kids meals. Serve with egg noodles and broccoli.
Provided by JHOmade
Yield 9 Meatballs, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place the ground chicken or turkey in the largest mixing bowl you own, and make a well in the middle of the meat. Add the spinach, onion, garlic, egg, milk, hot sauce, Panko crumbs, and Parmigiano-Reggiano; season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well.
- Form the mixture into 9 large balls, about the size of baseballs, and arrange on nonstick baking sheets. Roast for 35 minutes, or until they're browned to your liking. When finished, use a spatula and some heft to remove them from the pan to your serving dish of choice.
- While the meatballs are baking make the sauce.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Melt the mixture, add the onion, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 minute; then whisk in the milk, and the broth. Bring the liquid to a boil. Slowly add the cheese. Once cheese is melted stir in parsley and season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve meatballs with a spoonful of the sauce over the top.
More about "chicken florentine meatballs with fondudita recipes"
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
4.6/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Appetizer, EntreeCalories 103 per serving
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a medium-sized saucepan. Add garlic and onion, saute until onions are translucent, 3 minutes. Add tomato paste, stir to combine. Add tomatoes, salt and oregano stir and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS AND SPAGHETTI | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (22)Total Time 45 minsCategory MainsCalories 537 per serving
FLORENTINE MEATBALLS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 6
BEST CHICKEN FLORENTINE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ...
5/5 (1)Category Easy Chicken, Dinner
TURKEY FLORENTINE MEATBALLS WITH PESTO SPAGHETTI SQUASH ...
Reviews 12Calories 763 per servingCategory Chicken And Turkey Recipes
- Cut 1/2” off each end of the spaghetti squash, then slice the spaghetti squash in half crosswise, then again to make four thick rings (see my friend Beth’s post for why you should do this to get the best spaghetti squash noodles).
- Remove the seeds and other inside goo. Then place the rings onto a clean kitchen towel. Salt the rings liberally with coarse sea salt. Let rest for 15 minutes while the moisture is drawn out. Using a clean kitchen towel, pat the squash dry, and brush off any extra salt.
- Place rings on one of the prepared baking sheets. Roast in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the squash is very tender. Remove from oven and let cool to the touch, then remove the noodles from the squash peel and “fluff” with a fork. Cover with foil or a kitchen towel to keep warm, and set aside.
BEST CHICKEN FLORENTINE PASTA - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ...
5/5 (9)Category Easy Chicken, Dinner
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and oregano and cook until golden and no longer pink in the middle, 8 minutes per side.
- Make sauce: Add the white wine to deglaze the pan. When the wine is simmering, use a wooden spoon to scrape all the golden chicken bits from the pan. (They have a lot of flavor that you'll want in your sauce!)
- Add tomatoes and garlic and cook until the tomatoes soften slightly, about 2 minutes. Add cream and bring mixture back to a simmer. Add mozzarella and Parmesan and stir until the cheese melts.
- Turn off heat and add in the cooked penne, baby spinach, parsley and red pepper flakes (if using). Toss until the pasta is evenly coated in sauce and the spinach has wilted slightly.
SWEET & SPICY BAKED CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ...
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS AND VEGGIE NOODLES - ALIVE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 260 per serving
RECIPES FOR CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS WITH GROCERY ...
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE ...
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS WITH FONDUDITA RECIPE
[OC] CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE ...
CHICKEN MEATBALLS FLORENTINE WITH EGGLESS FONDUTA AND …
RECIPES ARCHIVE - PREGO® PASTA SAUCES
OUR 10 BEST CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES OF ALL TIME ...
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS | FIT AND HEALTHY RECIPES
CHICKEN MEATBALLS FLORENTINE WITH EGGLESS FONDUTA AND OVEN ...
CHICKEN FLORENTINE MEATBALLS WITH FONDUDITA
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #turkey #meat
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best chicken Florentine recipe?This recipe for chicken florentine is golden brown chicken breasts, topped with a creamy sauce and served over a bed of spinach. A classic dinner that will have you licking your plate! Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan. Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper.
How to cook chicken meatballs with chicken mix?Take a dollop of chicken mixture in your hands, roll it between your palms and place each meatball on a large plate until all the mixture is gone. The meatballs should be about 1 and ½ inches in diameter. Heat up a heavy sauté pan and put a few tablespoons of olive oil in it.
What is the best way to make Italian meatballs?Scrape into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, egg, onion, parmesan, half the crushed garlic, and half the oregano. Season really well, and mix with clean hands until everything is evenly distributed. Shape into 20 meatballs, and put onto an oiled baking tray.
How do you cook spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 10 mins until al dente. Add the cooked meatballs to the tomato sauce and gently stir through. Heat for a few minutes while you drain the spaghetti and spoon into warmed pasta bowls. Serve the meatballs and sauce on top.