- Fill a large skillet with water to a depth of 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place salmon in a bamboo steamer. Cover and place steamer in skillet. Cook until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon.
STEAMED SALMON CANTONESE STYLE
When salmon is steamed with fresh ginger, fish sauce, and premium rice wine, it takes on a creamy texture that cannot be achieved with any other cooking method. As a final step, hot, garlic-flavored oil is poured over the salmon to sear in the juices. From the Wild Ginger Restaurant, Seattle WA. Pike Place Public Market Seafood Cookbook by Braiden Rex-Johnson.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To steam in a wok, cross two chopsticks in an X, then cut a groove in the lower chopstick so that the top one fits snugly.
- Set the chopsticks in the wok and add water to 1 inch below the level of the chopsticks.
- Place lid on wok and turn heat to high.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on a glass pie plate or rimmed glass plate slightly smaller than the diameter of the wok.
- Cover with ginger slices.
- Pour rice wine and fish sauce over fish.
- When the water is boiling, remove the lid from the wok and position the plate containing the salmon and seasonings on top of the chopsticks.
- Replace the lid and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until the salmon just turns opaque and begins to flake.
- Two to three minutes before the salmon is done steaming, heat the peanut oil in a small skillet over high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, add the garlic and cook until browned.
- Discard the garlic, but do not turn off the heat until you use the oil; it must be very hot to sear the fish properly.
- When the salmon is cooked, transfer to a warm plate.
- Place green onion strips on top of the fish and immediately pour hot oil over the fish and onions.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve immediately.
- Serves 2 as an entree, 4 as an appetizer.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place salmon in a large baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread with garlic and ginger and pour wine and soy sauce gently over top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until easily flaked with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.6 g, Cholesterol 48.7 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 1408 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
More about "steamedsalmoncantonesestyle recipes"
STEAMED SALMON WITH SCALLION OIL (葱油三文鱼) - RED …
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseServings 2Total Time 10 mins
- In a steamer (filled with hot water at the bottom), put in half of the ginger and scallions. Place the fillets on top. Fill the cuts of the fillets with the rest of the ginger and scallions. Add edamame to the side.
CANTONESE STEAMED FISH: A 20 MINUTE RECIPE - THE WOKS …
5/5 (85)Calories 239 per servingCategory Fish And Seafood
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE STEAMED SALMON WITH LEMON AND …
5/5 (20)Total Time 25 minsCategory Fish And SeafoodCalories 321 per serving
CANTONESE STYLE STEAMED SALMON FILLET - FINE DINING LOVERS
3.4/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsServings 4
CANTONESE STEAMED FISH WITH GINGER, CILANTRO & GREEN ONIONS
Cuisine ChineseCategory Side or Light EntreeAuthor Julie Cockburn
10 BEST STEAMED SALMON FILLET RECIPES | YUMMLY
COMBI STEAM OVEN RECIPES I COOKING WITH STEAM - STEAMED SALMON
STEAMED SALMON IS MOIST AND BURSTING WITH FLAVOUR | THE STAR
STEAMED SALMON STEAKS WITH SIZZLING GINGER, GARLIC AND CHILIES
RECIPE: STEAMED SALMON CANTONESE STYLE - BCLIVING
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
STEAMED SALMON AND VEGETABLE CASSEROLE | RICARDO
5/5 (26)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 640 per serving
ASIAN-STYLE STEAMED SALMON | RICARDO
5/5 (68)Total Time 23 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 320 per serving
RECIPE: STEAMED SALMON CANTONESE STYLE | THE SEATTLE …
Author Seattle Times StaffEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
STEAMED SALMON CANTONESE STYLE- TFRECIPES
KEN HOM'S STEAMED CANTONESE STYLE FISH - KIKKOMAN UK
CANTONESE-STYLE STEAMED FISH WITH GINGER AND SCALLION ...
BALSAMIC CHICKEN WITH SWEET FLAVOR RECIPES
STEAMED SALMON CANTONESE STYLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
STEAMED SALMON - SAVOR THE BEST
SALMON PARCHMENT PAPER RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
“CHINESE STYLE” STEAMED SALMON WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONIONS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the recipe for steamed salmon Cantonese style?Recipe: Steamed Salmon Cantonese Style. Cut the tip off of the garlic and put the tip into the oil. When it begins to sizzle, remove and add garlic clove. Cook until browned, then discard garlic. Remove from heat. Just before the salmon has finished cooking, reheat the oil until very hot. 4. Transfer salmon with a spatula to a platter.
What kind of sauce is used for steamed salmon?When salmon is steamed with fresh ginger, fish sauce, and premium rice wine, it takes on a creamy texture that cannot be achieved with any other cooking method. As a final step, hot, garlic-flavored oil is poured over the salmon to sear in the juices.
How does Martha Stewart make her steamed salmon?Martha makes Steamed Salmon, one of her favorite breakfast recipes that are good for the skin. Read the full recipe after the video. Fill a large skillet with water to a depth of 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place salmon in a bamboo steamer. Cover and place steamer in skillet. Cook until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
How to make steamed salmon with lemon and white wine?Drizzle with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic, parsley and the remaining green onions on top of the salmon (arrange so that everything is spread evenly over the salmon portions.) Arrange lemon slices on top. Add another drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, then pour the white wine.