CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN WITH GIARDINIERA
Perfectly tender and juicy chicken cutlets are topped with mild or hot giardiniera (your choice!) and provolone cheese. Play around with different crouton flavors for variety. This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite dishes at a local winery's restaurant.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to an even 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pulse croutons in a small food processor until they have a fine consistency. Put flour, eggs, and crouton crumbs into 3 separate shallow dishes.
- Dip each breast first into flour, shaking off the excess. Next, dip into egg mixture, letting any excess drip off. Coat chicken in crouton crumbs and set on a plate.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large oven-proof skillet until hot. Fry chicken for 2 minutes, flip, and fry an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Top each breast with 2 tablespoons giardiniera and 1 slice of cheese.
- Cook in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Top with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560.4 calories, Carbohydrate 29.5 g, Cholesterol 177.2 mg, Fat 33.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 33.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.7 g, Sodium 706.8 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
I worked with this great chef who developed this HOT & SPICY dish. It took me a few tries, but I've finally duplicated it. Serve plain, buttered pasta with it to put out the fire.
Provided by daggie
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Pound out chicken breasts, so that they cook quickly and evenly.
- In saute pan, heat oil. Add giardiniera and garlic and saute lightly for 2-3 minutes.
- Push giardiniera and garlic to the side of pan and add chicken.
- Saute 2-3 minute per side, spooning pan juices and giardiniera over them.
- DO NOT salt chicken. I made that mistake once. It was so salty, it became inedible. The giardiniera has plenty of salt on its own.
- Plain, buttered pasta or a baked potato with cool sour cream are good sides for this spicy dish.
HOMEMADE HOT GIARDINIERA
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 3 to 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine 2 cups water and the salt in a glass or non-reactive bowl. Mix until the salt is dissolved. Add the carrots, cauliflower, serranos, garlic, celery and bell pepper to the salt water and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Day 2, drain and rinse the vegetables. In a clean bowl, mix together the oil with the oregano and pepper. Add the vegetables and mix to combine. Allow to marinate overnight. Giardiniera will only get better with time. After 2 days at the most in the bowl, you can place in air-tight mason jars and keep in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring the vinegar, sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, the bay leaves, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the cauliflower, fennel, red onion, carrots and garlic. Reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Let the vegetables cool in the brine, then refrigerate until chilled. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Saute chicken pieces in a large skillet over medium high heat until cooked through (juices run clear and meat is no longer pink inside); set aside. Add vegetables to same skillet and saute until cooked and crisp but not soggy; set aside.
- To Make Giardino Sauce: Heat butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add garlic, thyme, wine, pepper flakes and lemon juice. Saute for a few minutes over medium heat, making sure that you cook to reduce the acidity of the lemon juice (otherwise, when you add the cream, it will curdle). Stir in the water, then combine the sauce mix with a little cream and stir together until mixture is not lumpy; add mixture to skillet, then add the remaining cream and stir all together until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Combine cooked pasta, chicken and vegetables in a large skillet over medium heat and heat through. Add sauce, stir all together and cook until heated through and thickened. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 621.8 calories, Carbohydrate 59.1 g, Cholesterol 121 mg, Fat 20.3 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 38.1 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 208 mg, Sugar 2 g
HOT ITALIAN GIARDINIERA
This is Italian giardiniera. It is wonderful on Chicago style Italian beef sandwiches, sausage sandwiches, French dips, pastas or even as a pizza topping. You can even snack on it as is if you choose. Once you taste it you will figure out what you prefer to use it on.
Provided by PHONETEK
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place into a bowl the green and red peppers, jalapenos, celery, carrots, onion, and cauliflower. Stir in salt, and fill with enough cold water to cover. Place plastic wrap or aluminum foil over the bowl, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, drain salty water, and rinse vegetables. In a bowl, mix together garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and olives. Pour in vinegar and olive oil, and mix well. Combine with vegetable mixture, cover, and refrigerate for 2 days before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232.7 calories, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 305.9 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
CHICKEN GIARDINO (OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT)
- SAUCE PREPARATION:.
- MELT butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in thyme, garlic pepper and rosemary. Whisk to thoroughly blend and cook for 1 minute.
- COMBINE chicken broth, water, wine, milk, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until cornstarch has dissolved and there are no lumps.
- ADD liquid mixture to sauce pan. Whisk all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat.
- CHICKEN & VEGETABLES PREPARATION:.
- COMBINE all chicken ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well.
- MARINATE for 30 minutes.
- HEAT a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- SAUTE chicken strips until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- ADD all vegetables and saute until cooked through.
- ADD cooked, drained pasta and sauce to saute pan. Stir until pasta is thoroughly coated with sauce.
- TRANSFER to a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley.
Sweet and tangy, this Italian condiment is packed with peppers, cauliflower, carrots and other crisp-tender veggies. It's perfect to offer alongside pickles or olives on a relish tray. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large stockpot, combine vinegar, sugar, water, canning salt, oregano and fennel seed. Bring to a boil. Add cauliflower, carrots, celery and onions; return to a boil. Remove from heat; add peppers., Carefully ladle hot mixture into 10 hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2- in. headspace. Add a bay leaf and 2 peppercorns to each jar; divide garlic slices among jars. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding more hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. , Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 323mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
OLIVE GARDEN'S CHICKEN GIARDINO RECIPE - (4.1/5)
Provided by MichaelH
Number Of Ingredients 30
- Sauce Preparation: MELT butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in thyme, garlic pepper and rosemary. Whisk to thoroughly blend and cook for 1 minute. COMBINE chicken broth, water, wine, milk, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until cornstarch has dissolved and there are no lumps . ADD liquid mixture to sauce pan. Whisk all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat. Chicken & Vegetables Preparation: COMBINE all chicken ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well. MARINATE for 30 minutes HEAT a saute pan over medium high heat. Add ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. SAUTE chicken strips until internal temperature reaches 165°F. ADD all vegetables and sauté until cooked through. ADD cooked, drained pasta and sauce to sauté pan. Stir until pasta is thoroughly coated with sauce. TRANSFER to a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley.
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS AND GIARDINIERA RELISH
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine giardiniera and brine, 1/4 cup oil (4 tablespoons), parsley and pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip chicken and transfer skillet to oven. Cook until chicken registers 175 degrees, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and top with relish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 546.9, Fat 45.6, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 157.9, Sodium 144.3, Carbohydrate 0.2, Fiber 0.1, Protein 32.5
More about "chicken giardiniera recipes"
CHICKEN JARDINIèRE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 4Calories 365 per serving
10 BEST CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN ROASTED ITALIAN CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES WITH GIARDINIERA
SLOW COOK CHICKEN GIARDINIERA - RECIPE RACK - YOUTUBE
10 BEST CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPES | YUMMLY
GIARDINIERA CHICKEN SKILLET - A FULL LIVING
CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPE: JAQUES PéPIN’S CHICKEN JARDINIèRE - KITCHN
JACQUES PéPIN'S CHICKEN JARDINIèRE | COOKING LIGHT
EASY ITALIAN CHICKEN GIARDINIERA – MUST LOVE HOME
CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 BEST CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOT GIARDINIERA CHICKEN WITH A SWEET BASIL SAUCE RECIPE
CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GIARDINIERA | KITCHN
CROCKPOT CHICKEN GIARDINIERA SANDWICHES - SEASON & THYME
DOUBLE CHICKEN PARM WITH SPICY GIARDINIERA - THE FOOD IN MY BEARD
TOP 40 MAGGIANOS CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPE RECIPES
CHICKEN GIARDINIERA - MY RECIPE MAGIC
CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPE - EASY ITALIAN CHICKEN GIARDINIERA – …
BEST HOMEMADE GIARDINIERA (HOT OR MILD) - THE DARING GOURMET
RECIPE: MANGIANNO'S LITTLE ITALY GEO’S CHICKEN GIARDINIERA - VIDEO ...
CHICKEN GIARDINIERA RECIPE COOPER'S HAWK - CREATE THE MOST …
INSTA-POT ITALIAN GIARDINIERA CHICKEN - 0 WW POINTS - GRUB DELITE
COOPER'S HAWK CHICKEN GIARDINIERA - THERESCIPES.INFO
GIARDINIERA RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
GIARDINIERA (PICKLED VEGETABLES) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHICKEN BRUSCHETTA WITH GIARDINIERA - THAT PICKLE GUY
TOP SUGGESTIONS FOR GIARDINIERA
CHICKEN WITH GIARDINIERA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHICKEN WITH GIARDINIERA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
LUNCHBREAK: CHICKEN GIARDINIERA | WGN-TV
CROCK POTTED GIARDINIERA CHICKEN - THAT PICKLE GUY
TASTE TEST: CHICKEN GIARDINIERA AT COOPER'S HAWK A STANDOUT
HOT GIARDINIERA CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - SONOMA FARM
GIARDINIERA PICKLED VEGETABLES (REFRIGERATOR PICKLES ... - A SPICY ...
COOPER’S HAWK CHICKEN GIARDINIERA: 7 AUTHENTIC HEALTH BENEFITS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken fillet with giardiniera?Instructions 1 Heat olive il in medium skillet until shimmering. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. ... 2 Top chicken with giardiniera, dividing equally among breasts. Sprinkle cheeses equally over vegetables. Cover pan and cook until cheeses are melted. 3 Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
How do you make giardiniera?In a clean bowl, mix together the oil with the oregano and pepper. Add the vegetables and mix to combine. Allow to marinate overnight. Giardiniera will only get better with time.
What is giardiniera sauce made with?Giardiniera uses serrano peppers (~ 1 lb. for this recipe size) with no green/red peppers (although you can add red for color). There is also no garlic, onions nor pimentos (other than maybe for color). Vinegar is often not used, but can be...but at a lower ratio than oil (I prefer olive over standardized canola)...and it's not mixed.
How to cook chicken Jardinière in oven?Chicken Jardinière. Ingredients. Instructions. Sauté the lardons in the oil in a large saucepan or a Dutch oven (the pan should be wide enough to hold the chicken in a single layer) over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the chicken pieces and sauté them, turning once, for about 8 minutes, until lightly browned.