LOAF PAN LASAGNA FOR TWO
There have been so many nights when I craved lasagna but didn't want to get stuck with the usual leftovers. If you've felt the same way, this small-batch version solves all your problems! It's easy enough to throw together on a weeknight and is the perfect size for two (or three) servings.
Provided by Gabriela Rodiles
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt and saute until the onion is translucent and softened, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break it into pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the oregano and cook 1 minute. Stir in the marinara and let simmer while you make the ricotta mixture.
- Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl. Stir in the ricotta, parsley, basil, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan until combined.
- Begin to layer the lasagna, spread 2 tablespoons marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover with 1 lasagna noodle. Spread on 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture followed by 1/2 cup marinara sauce. Top with another noodle. Repeat layering 4 more times, ending with the sauce. Top the final layer with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake until the noodles are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
My family first tasted this rich, homemade lasagna recipe at a friend's home on Christmas Eve. We were so impressed that it became our own holiday tradition as well. I also prepare it other times of the year. This classic lasagna recipe is requested often by my sister's Italian in-laws-I consider that the highest compliment! -Lorri Foockle, Granville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if desired., Meanwhile, in a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add parsley; stir in cottage cheese, ricotta and Parmesan cheese. , Preheat oven to 375°. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, 3 noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella (dish will be full)., Cover; bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503 calories, Fat 27g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 136mg cholesterol, Sodium 1208mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
SPUDS LASAGNA LOAF
I developed this recipe when we had a craving for lasagna but no noodles in the pantry. Potatoes are fabulous in this Italian-style casserole.-Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; cut into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside. In another small bowl, combine tomato sauce and seasonings., In a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan, layer half of the potatoes, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the tomato sauce mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese., Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
POLENTA LASAGNA LOAF
Twice-cooked polenta stands in for noodles in this lasagna loaf that can be served straight from the pan or inverted onto a platter for a nicer presentation. With four layers of polenta adding a light, fluffy, almost soufflé-like texture and multiple layers of cheesy filling and meat sauce, this is definitely the best polenta recipe I've ever had. Serve it alongside bitter greens if desired.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Prepare polenta: Bring water and salt to a boil over high heat. Whisk polenta into the boiling water and continue whisking until it starts to thicken, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until polenta is soft and has lost its grainy texture, 25 to 40 minutes.
- Remove polenta from the stove and quickly whisk in butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Transfer polenta to a silicone baking liner (or oiled foil or parchment paper). Spread it out evenly almost to the edges into an 8x13-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and smooth out the top with your hands. Place a baking sheet on top and press slightly to further flatten.
- Slide the silicone liner and polenta onto the baking sheet and place in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove polenta from the refrigerator and cut, from one long edge to the other, into 8-inch long strips.
- Prepare filling: Stir ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, mozzarella, salt, pepper, cayenne, egg, and parsley in a bowl until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place one strip of polenta into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan. Spread 1/3 of the filling on top as evenly as you can. Top with about 1 cup hot meat sauce. Repeat polenta-filling-sauce layers twice more. Place the last piece of polenta on top, then gently shake and tap the pan to settle the contents. Place the loaf pan on top of a sheet pan to catch any spills while baking. Loosely wrap the top of the loaf pan with foil, making sure it's not touching the polenta.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, discard foil, and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Divide onto 6 plates. Garnish with parsley and serve with additional sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 447.9 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 89.3 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.8 g, Sodium 1992.9 mg
CHEESY LASAGNA FOR LEFTOVER MEATLOAF!!
- Put olive oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots,fennel, garlic, chopped red pepper and fry until onions and carrots are starting to soften and brown, approx 7-8 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce to pan along with ground red pepper.
- Reduce to a low heat and cover, cooking for approximately 15 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Be sure to stir occasionally.
- While that is cooking,mix your cheesesin a bowl, and add basil and italian seasoning and stir.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F degrees.
- Then you will want to lightly grease a 3 qt baking dish.
- Proceed by lining the bottom of your dish with a single layer of lasgane noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of your sauce over the noodles and cover this with 1/2 of the crumbled meatloaf.
- Then top with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- (be sure to save some cheese mixture for the last layer on top!) Repeat exact layering 2 more times-- while alternating the directions of noodles at each level.
- Cover your dish with foil and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Proceed by taking the foil off and sprinkling the rest of the cheese mixture on top and bake 8 minutes or until lasgana is cooked through and top is bubbling.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.1, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 7.8, Sodium 888, Carbohydrate 26.7, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 16.6, Protein 6.8
FUSION LASAGNA MEATLOAF
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Combine panko, milk, and egg in a small bowl and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, 3 tablespoons marinara sauce, and garlic salt in a bowl. Add panko mixture and mix by hand until combined. Pat 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan. Lay 2 string cheese sticks side-by-side horizontally on top, leaving about 1/2 inch from the ends of the pan; stack remaining cheese sticks on top. Cover with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with remaining marinara sauce. Bake for 20 minutes more.
- While meatloaf bakes, prepare Alfredo sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, about 1 minute. Add heavy cream and stir until combined. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until blended. Season with nutmeg.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Pour Alfredo sauce down the middle of meatloaf. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 121.4 mg, Fat 30.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 24.8 g, SaturatedFat 16.2 g, Sodium 773.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl combine ricotta, egg and salt.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in ungreased 13X9 baking dish; top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cup ricotta mixture and 3/4 cup sauce; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 tbsp parm; top with meatloaf slices; top with 3/4 cup sauce; top with 3 noodles and 1 1/2 cup ricotta mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 tbsp parm; top with remaining noodles, sauce and ricotta mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parm.
- Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes; remove foil; bake another 15 minutes.
LASAGNA FOR TWO
Did you know you can make a Lasagna for Two? This recipe proves you don't have to make a full pan of lasagna for a delicious restaurant-style night-in. Make this Lasagna for Two for date night, to share with a friend or to have a serving for leftovers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ricotta, egg, Parmesan and parsley.
- Place 2 noodles in bottom of 9x5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray, trimming noodles as necessary to fit; reserve trimmings. Cover noodles with layers of 1/4 each of the pasta sauce, ricotta mixture and mozzarella. Repeat all layers twice. Top with layers of the reserved noodle trimmings, remaining sauce, ricotta mixture and mozzarella.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 21 g
More about "lasagna loaf recipes"
RECIPE: LASAGNA LOAF | THE SEATTLE TIMES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA MEATLOAF RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
SCACCIA RAGUSANA (LASAGNA LOAF) - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
LASAGNA-STUFFED MEATLOAF RECIPE | EATINGWELL
LOAF PAN LASAGNA FOR TWO RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
MINI LOAF PAN LASAGNA FOR ONE | MAKE AHEAD LASAGNA FREEZER MEAL
VEGAN LASAGNA FOR TWO (LOAF PAN RECIPE) - FOOD NEWS
MINI LASAGNA MEATLOAVES RECIPE - HUNGRY-GIRL
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA LOAF BEST RECIPES - COOKINGTODAY.NET
LASAGNA STUFFED MEATLOAF - A HEALTHY-ISH RECIPE BLOG
MEATLOAF MIX LASAGNA RECIPE - IAN KNAUER | FOOD & WINE
LASAGNA FOR TWO RECIPE (CLASSIC LASAGNA) - A COZY KITCHEN
BEST MEATLOAF LASAGNA RECIPES | COMFORT FOOD | FOOD NETWORK …
LOAF PAN LASAGNA - BIGOVEN
LOAF PAN LASAGNA - FOOD RECIPES
LOAF PAN LASAGNA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ONE LOAF DINNER: LASAGNA | REYNOLDS BRANDS
LASAGNA FOR TWO (LOAF PAN LASAGNA) - HOMEMADE IN THE …
LASAGNA FOR TWO - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
VEGGIE RICE LASAGNA LOAF RECIPE | VEGETARIAN RECIPES EASY, INSTANT …
EASY MOZZARELLA STUFFED MEATLOAF RECIPE | CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
POLENTA LASAGNA LOAF – PLYWOOD BOARD SOLD SEPARATELY
KETO LASAGNA MEATLOAF - LOW CARB & GLUTEN FREE - I BREATHE I'M …
LASAGNA LOAF RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
LASAGNA STUFFED MEATLOAF - THE LAUNDRY MOMS
LASAGNA IN A LOAF PAN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SPINACH EGGPLANT LASAGNA LOAF RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
VEGGIE RICE LASAGNA LOAF RECIPE - PARENTCLUB.CA
LITTLE LOAF PAN LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LOAF PAN LASAGNA RECIPE BY CINDI - COOKEATSHARE
LOAF PAN LASAGNA - RECIPE! - LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH. FOOD.
LASAGNA LOAF - THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF VEGETARIAN RECIPES
LASAGNA IN A LOAF PAN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
LASAGNA LOAF | RECIPE | RECIPES, COMFORT FOOD RECIPES CASSEROLES, …
MINI LASAGNA MEATLOAVES + MORE HEALTHY MUFFIN-PAN MEATLOAF …
You'll also love