CHICKEN LIVER PILAF
- Cook the livers in 1 tblsp of the butter, and when firm outside, cool and mince into small cubes.
- Saute the onion and livers in the remaining butter.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the rice with fat.
- Cook like this for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, currants, pine nuts and spices and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, when all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove lid of pan, cover with a clean dish towel and replace lid.
- Allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
- Note: if you have chicken stock, replace the water with that and forego the stock cube.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 885.1, Fat 53.2, SaturatedFat 30.7, Cholesterol 368.5, Sodium 678.3, Carbohydrate 81.5, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 4.5, Protein 20.5
PILAF WITH CHICKEN LIVERS
A Turkish dish. My preference is to reduce the amounts of butter and salt from what is shown. Please be warned that chicken livers have a taste that does not appeal to everybody.
Provided by echo echo
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a skillet, saute chicken livers in 2 Tbs butter 5 minutes or until done; remove from the pan, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add half the scallions to skillet and saute until slightly browned; remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbs butter in a 3-quart saucepan and saute the other half of the scallions.
- Add the tomatoes through raisins and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add the uncooked rice and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Stir with a fork, reduce heat to a very low simmer, cover and cook 25 minutes or until rice absorbs all the liquid.
- Place the reserved livers and scallions atop the rice mixture, cover and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
More about "chicken liver pilaf recipes"
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF DINNER RECIPES - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 420 per serving
MEATY CAULIFLOWER PILAF - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN LIVERS? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES
CHICKEN RICE PILAF - JO COOKS
RECIPE: CHICKEN LIVER PIE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES | HANDY.RECIPES
PILAF WITH CHICKEN LEGS AND LIVER - BOSS KITCHEN
CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES - BBC FOOD
CHICKEN PILAF RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF STUFFING RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
CHICKEN LIVER AND ALMOND PILAF - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CHICKEN LIVER AND ALMOND PILAF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SIMPLE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PILAF – ROMANIAN RECIPE
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF RECIPE BY ADMIN | IFOOD.TV
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
THEME: CHICKEN LIVER PILAF
CHICKEN LIVERS PILAF
PILAF WITH CHICKEN LIVERS RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN | CHICKEN LIVERS ...
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF
CHICKEN LIVER AND MUSHROOM SAUTE WITH SPINACH AND CREAM RECIPE …
RECIPE: CHICKEN LIVER PILAF - RECIPELINK.COM
CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PILAF WITH CHICKEN LIVERS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHICKEN LIVER AND ALMOND PILAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST LOW FAT CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF RECIPE (Iç PILAV) - TITLI'S BUSY KITCHEN
PILAF WITH CHICKEN LIVERS RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
LEMONY GREEK RICE PILAF (PILAFI) RECIPE WITH CHICKEN LEGS
CHICKEN PILAF RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
CHICKEN LIVER AND ALMOND PILAF RECIPE | THE HAIRY BIKERS | BBC …
CHICKEN LIVER PILAF
MIDDLE EAST LIVER AND CHICKEN PILAF - HANDY.RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #beef #poultry #rice #greek #european #kid-friendly #chicken #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-sodium #beef-organ-meats #beef-liver #low-in-something #meat #chicken-livers #pasta-rice-and-grains #long-grain-rice
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken pilaf with rice?Cook the chicken: Add the chopped chicken, season with remaining salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Prepare the pilaf: Add the rice, chicken broth and stir. Add the bay leaves and half and half; stir. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer and cover the skillet or pot.
What is the best way to cook chicken livers?1. Cut the chicken livers in half and pat dry with paper towels. 2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the chicken livers and cook, turning often, for 3–4 minutes, or until browned but still pink on the inside — take care not to overcook them or they will be dry and tough.
How to prepare pilaf with carrots and celery?Add the carrots and celery, season with half the salt and pepper, stir then cook for 3 more minutes until the celery and carrots soften a bit. Cook the chicken: Add the chopped chicken, season with remaining salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Prepare the pilaf: Add the rice, chicken broth and stir.
How long do you cook pilaf?Prepare the pilaf: Add the rice, chicken broth and stir. Add the bay leaves and half and half; stir. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer and cover the skillet or pot. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked.