CHICKEN POT PIE
Try Ina Garten's Chicken Pot Pie recipe for comforting, veggie-filled pastry bowls, from Food Network's Barefoot Contessa.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 individual pot pies
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin. Cut the chicken into large dice. You will have 4 to 6 cups of cubed chicken.
- In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the onions over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until translucent. Add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the hot chicken stock to the sauce. Simmer over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring, until thick. Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and heavy cream. Add the cubed chicken, carrots, peas, onions and parsley. Mix well.
- For the pastry, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the shortening and butter and mix quickly with your fingers until each piece is coated with flour. Pulse 10 times, or until the fat is the size of peas. With the motor running, add the ice water; process only enough to moisten the dough and have it just come together. Dump the dough out onto a floured board and knead quickly into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide the filling equally among 4 ovenproof bowls. Divide the dough into quarters and roll each piece into an 8-inch circle. Brush the outside edges of each bowl with the egg wash, then place the dough on top. Trim the circle to 1/2-inch larger than the top of the bowl. Crimp the dough to fold over the side, pressing it to make it stick. Brush the dough with egg wash and make 3 slits in the top. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling hot.
WEIGHT WATCHERS: CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA
Weight Watchers recipe, 4 points per serving. A hearty and unique lasagna that tastes like home.
Provided by Janel at A Mom's Take
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl mix together all ingredients except lasagna noodles and cheese.
- Place layer of noodles on bottom of casserole. Spoon ⅓ chicken/veggie mix onto noodles. Top with ⅓ cheese. Repeat ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted and golden brown around edges.
- *Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna can be frozen easily. Reheat for an extra 15-20 minutes in the oven for a yummy freezer to oven meal on busy weeknights.
FAVORITE CHICKEN POTPIE
This is the best chicken potpie recipe! Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night. -Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 potpies (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. , In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat., Unroll a pie crust into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops. , Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°. Place pies on baking sheets; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 70-80 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 calories, Fat 28g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 768mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Spray a Dutch oven or large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and saute 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain well and set aside. Recoat Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, carrots and onions; saute 6 minutes.
- Set aside. Place flour in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; stir in sherry.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and red pepper.
- Reserve one cup of sauce and set aside. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Swiss cheese. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of a 13 x9 x 2-inch pan.
- Arrange 4 pieces of the lasagne (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise)over the sauce. Top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of chicken mixture and half of remaining sauce mixture. Repeat layers, ending with 4 pieces of lasagne. Spread reserved 1 cup of sauce over the last complete layer of lasagne, being sure to cover the lasagne completely.
- Cover lasagne with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover lasagne, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Re-cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.8, Fat 13.8, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 68.1, Sodium 517.3, Carbohydrate 19.2, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 3.2, Protein 30.8
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA
I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting for ease, since it is on my menu for the next two weeks. This is another recipe from Joanna Lund. Her recipes fit perfectly into the diet program I use. I can't wait to try this. Prep times will be an estimate. Per generous portion is only 285 calories. Diabetic Exchange are: 2 Protein, 1 1/2 Starch and 1 Vegetable.
Provided by Doing it Right
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan sprayed with cooking spray, combine chicken soup, dry milk powder and water.
- Stir in parsley flakes, carrots, onion, celery and mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange half of noodles in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of chicken over noodles.
- Spoon half of sauce mixture of chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread cottage cheese mixture evenly over sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.8, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 40, Sodium 131.9, Carbohydrate 24.7, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 9.5, Protein 19.3
Give this good-for-you lasagna a try. It's a great change of pace from the more traditional lasagnas featuring ground beef.-Marilynn Hieronymus, Sedalia, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in soup, milk, pimientos and basil. In a bowl, combine the chicken, American cheese, cottage cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese., Spread a fourth of the mushroom sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 3 noodles, half of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers of noodles, chicken and mushroom sauce. Top with the remaining noodles and mushroom sauce., Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Parmesan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 526mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE
This easy chicken pot pie features chicken, crisp-tender veggies, and a rich and creamy sauce set between two layers of a deliciously buttery, flaky pie crust. After trying this simple, one-pan pot pie, you may never buy store-bought chicken pot pie again! Serve with a green salad tossed in a tangy vinaigrette to complement and cut the richness.
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Categories Chicken Pot Pie
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, salt, and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook, stirring often, until thick and creamy and vegetables have started to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, peas, and parsley until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Place one crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Add filling and place second crust on top. Press crusts together to seal around the edges and use fingers to crimp the dough. Cut small slits in the top and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Tent the edges with foil while baking if they become too brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 542.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.7 g, Cholesterol 96.9 mg, Fat 35 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 966.2 mg
CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE WITH NOODLES
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Break lasagna noodles into pieces. Grease a large oven-proof dish.
- Combine condensed soup, milk, parsley, minced onion, onion powder, soup base, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a large mixing bowl; stir until smooth. Stir in broken lasagna noodles until combined. Gently fold in shredded chicken until incorporated. Carefully pour chicken mixture into the prepared dish, smoothing out the top evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until noodles are almost tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese and all of the Italian cheese. Layer the biscuit chunks in a single layer over top, and sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
- Return to the oven and bake until biscuit dough is thoroughly cooked, 15 to 20 minutes. Tent with foil if the edges start to get too brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594 calories, Carbohydrate 29.4 g, Cholesterol 131.1 mg, Fat 32.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 1221.3 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
More about "chicken pot pie lasagna recipes"
WHITE CHICKEN LASAGNA | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN POT PIE (THE BEST) - RICARDO
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA SOUP RECIPE > CALL ME PMC
CLASSIC CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHEESY CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA RECIPE - DIY JOY
CREAMY LASAGNA SKILLET POT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | CHICKEN POT PIE | RECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CHEESY CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA!! - YOUTUBE
INA GARTEN CHICKEN POT PIE - CHEFS & RECIPES
CROCK POT CHICKEN ALFREDO LASAGNA (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
CHICKEN LASAGNA SOUP - I AM HOMESTEADER
BEST ANNA OLSON'S CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA | FOOD
VLOG: CHEESY CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA RECIPE! - YOUTUBE
RECIPE: CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA (USING RICOTTA) - RECIPELINK.COM
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA - ONLINE RECIPES FROM HINDS …
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA | THERECIPECOLLECTOR
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA - THAT'S MY HOME
LASAGNA POT PIE – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA RECIPE + FAVORITE SUNDAY DINNERS
SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE | CLUB HOUSE CA
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE - BOWL ME OVER
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA - RECIPE WILD
ONE PAN CHICKEN LASAGNA - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
51 BEST CROCKPOT CHICKEN RECIPES – HAPPY MUNCHER
CHEESY CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA RECIPE
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RECIPE: CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA – VERLOPEN DOMEINEN VOOR SEO
ULTIMATE CHICKEN POT PIE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA RECIPE - KETONEBEE.COM
ONE-POT EASY CHICKEN LASAGNA - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #savory-pies #casseroles #main-dish #pasta #poultry #american #oven #european #italian #lasagna #chicken #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love