This classic dip goes great with tones of stuff and is so much better then shop bought mayonnaise. It is not that difficult to make as long as you keep whisking like there is no tomorrow and you should achieve the perfect consistency.
Provided by teenagechef
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Start by separating the yolks from the whites and placing the yolks in a large bowl. Be sure not to get any white in with the yolks.
- Add the white wine vinegar, the dijon mustard, seasoning and the minced garlic. To mince the garlic use a garlic press or by using a grater. After adding the garlic whisk the mixture until it has become smooth.
- At this point you may consider getting somebody pour the oil into the bowl whilst you are whisking as you do not want your emulsion to split. Start trickling the oil into the egg yolks very slowly and constantly whisking. Don't stop whisking whilst you are pouring the oil into the bowl.
- After you have poured all of the oil into the mixture you should be left with your homemade mayonnaise. You may need to add more salt or pepper depending on what flavour you are looking for. Your mixture should be smooth and look rather similar to normal mayonnaise.
- Finally add in 1 tbsp of water to the mixture and transfer the mayonnaise to an empty jam jar which has been thoroughly washed and dried. The mayonnaise should keep for up to 4 days in your refrigerator.
- Place egg yolks in a food processor. (To avoid using raw eggs, substitute yolks from pasteurized eggs.)
- Add mustard, garlic, and lemon juice. Pulse ingredients until well combined.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream (mixture should become thick and emulsified). Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
GARLIC MAYONNAISE DIP
- Mix the garlic, chopped green onion tops and bottoms, and the oil thoroughly.
- Add the mayonnaise and blend the mixture well, until the oil is absorbed into the mayonnaise.
- Cover and chill.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Asparagus, Red Bell Pepper, Broccoli, Potato
- Skins, Roast Beef, Turkey
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.4, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 1.9, Sodium 1.4, Carbohydrate 0.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.1, Protein 0.2
- In a bowl, mix together the mayo, chili powder, cumin, garlic and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon oil in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- (Garlic mayonnaise can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
ROASTED GARLIC MAYONNAISE
This is great with, grilled chicken, fish, or veggies. i ahve also used as a dip for cold seafood and crudites. It will stay good for 1 month tightly covered in the fridge.
Provided by KittyKitty
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place garlic and oil in small baking dish; stir well.
- Bake at 300F for 30 minutes or until garlic is soft and golden.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place garlic mixture, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in container of blender.Process until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, process until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1106.2, Fat 92.5, SaturatedFat 13.3, Cholesterol 61.1, Sodium 1741.8, Carbohydrate 71.9, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 16.5, Protein 5.2
HOMEMADE GARLIC MAYONNAISE
- Combine egg, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl; whisk with a fork until well combined. Using a hand immersion blender, slowly add olive oil in a small stream and blend until creamy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.3 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 20.8 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 88.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- Crush the garlic cloves with the salt into a paste using a mortar and pestle; transfer to a bowl. Stir the egg yolks and vinegar into the mashed garlic. Gradually whisk the olive oil into the mixture in small amounts until the mayonnaise is thick and glossy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.9 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 34.1 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 75.5 mg
More about "garlic mayonnaise recipes"
ROASTED GARLIC AIOLI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
SHORTCUT AIOLI (GARLIC MAYO) RECIPE
Calories 213Saturated Fat 3g 16%Cholesterol 12mg 4%Total Fat 21g 27% See details »
AIOLI - GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
GARLIC MAYO (MAYO AIOLI) – A COUPLE COOKS
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory EssentialsServings 1.33Total Time 5 mins
- Mince the garlic as finely as possible. Then use the side of your knife blade to mash and grind it into a paste.
LEMON-GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsServings 1
- Creamy Lemon-Garlic Dressing: Stir together 1/3 cup Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise, 1/4 cup buttermilk, and a pinch of salt. Makes about 1/2 cup.
GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Mash garlic and salt with the side of a chef's knife. (Alternatively, mash garlic and salt in a mortar with a pestle.) You should have about 1 tablespoon mashed garlic. Set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, egg and cornstarch in a heavy medium saucepan. Set over medium-low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens; do not let it boil. Transfer to a small bowl. Whisk in reserved garlic, oil and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasonings. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Let cool.
ROASTED GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Place the head of garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and wrap into a package. Roast directly on the oven rack until the cloves are soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a blender or food processor. Add the remaining 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, tofu, lemon juice, paprika, salt and cayenne. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, if necessary. Transfer to a small bowl.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC MAYONNAISE | MY EASY HOMEMADE ...
5/5 (3)Category AppetizerCuisine FranceTotal Time 10 mins See details »
GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory VEGETARIAN, CONDIMENTSTotal Time 10 mins See details »
GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.9/5 (14)Total Time 20 minsServings 6 See details »
GARLIC BUTTER MAYONNAISE | RICARDO
5/5 (2)Category AppetizersServings 0.75Total Time 10 mins See details »
ROASTED GARLIC MAYONNAISE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsServings 0.5 See details »
GARLIC MAYONNAISE, EGGLESS GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE
5/5 (2)Carbohydrates 0.8 gServings 1Energy 121 cal See details »
GARLIC MAYONNAISE | RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
3/5 (139)Cost cheapServings 8Prep 20 min See details »
MAYONNAISE RECIPE | GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE | MAYONNAISE ...
See details »
GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE - STEVEN SATTERFIELD | FOOD & WINE
See details »
FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | GARLIC MAYONNAISE RECIPE | HOW TO ...
See details »
RECIPE - GARLIC MAYONNAISE
See details »
EASY GARLIC MAYONNAISE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
See details »
GOLDEN GARLIC MAYONNAISE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
See details »
You'll also love