JIFFY® CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat; cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes more. Drain grease.
- Add kidney beans, tomato sauce, corn, chili seasoning, salt, sugars, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and smooth out the top.
- Combine cornbread mix, milk, and egg together in a bowl. Mix until a slightly lumpy batter forms. Drop big spoonfuls of the cornbread mixture over the chili; smooth out to the edges of the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top starts to brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Let casserole rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.1 calories, Carbohydrate 37.5 g, Cholesterol 71.6 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 1429.6 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
CHILI BEEF CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
This recipe is my potluck standby. And when I hear that someone may need a comforting home-cooked meal, I bring them this casserole. -Lorraine Espenhain, Corpus Christi, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in cornstarch, onion, chili powder and garlic powder. Stir in tomato sauce. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat., In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil until blended; stir in corn. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese., Spread half the batter into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Spread remaining batter over filling., Bake, uncovered, until a toothpick inserted in cornbread portion comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with sour cream and salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482 calories, Fat 22g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 773mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
A simple casserole with a little zing! The zing comes from the taco sauce. This is a great dish for when you do not have much time to make dinner, but you want something that has substance and will fill you up! You can use any kind of cheese on top.
Provided by sal
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain fat. Add the celery, chili, tomatoes, taco sauce and corn. Heat thoroughly, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to package directions. When cooked, place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the meat mixture over the noodles, stirring well. Top with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671 calories, Carbohydrate 52.3 g, Cholesterol 144.7 mg, Fat 37.7 g, Fiber 6.8 g, Protein 31.9 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 843.4 mg, Sugar 7 g
Sometimes I'll add canned or frozen corn to this hearty casserole to give it more color.-Rhonda Hogan, Eugene, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 722mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
When I had left over Chili my kids wanted this dish. You can also make it in little Frito Corn Chip Bags (just cut open one side of bag pour Chili over corn chips, dot with sour cream, give them a plastic spoon) and they are good to go. No muss no fuss. They are sold like that at country fairs.
Provided by MISSIB
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Heat chili in a pot first.
- Put layer of crushed corn chips on bottom of roasting pan.
- Pour chili over corn chips.
- Cover with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese has melted.
- Serve with hot dogs - hamburgers.
- Dollops of sour cream on chili optional.
- Kids like it just by itself, especially if you pour just chili in a Frito Corn Chip bag topped with sour cream.
CHILI CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa, kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, make cornbread as directed on pouch, using milk. Spoon cornbread batter around outside edge of ungreased 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon hot beef mixture into center. (Casserole will be full.)
- Bake 18 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and cornbread is deep golden brown. Sprinkle with green onion just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Carbohydrate 57 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1110 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 1/2 g
GREEN CHILI AND CORN CASSEROLE
A delicious casserole which can be baked the day before and then reheated and served or served cold on a hot day.
Provided by Rick Young
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the first seven ingredients.
- Rinse seeds from chilis, chop the chilis and add to mixture.
- Pour into a greased casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes (or until casserole is firm and has a golden brown color).
More about "chili corn casserole recipes"
CHILI CORN CHIP CASSEROLE ONE-DISH MEAL- ALL SHE COOKS
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishesCalories 823 per serving
- Brown beef in oven-safe skillet. Add in onion, chili seasoning, tomato paste and water. Heat on simmer for 10 minutes.
- To use one dish, move 1/2 of the chili mixture over to the side of pan (or scoop out into a bowl) and add 1/2 of the corn chips, 1/2 of the beans and 1/2 of the olives and cheese on top of the half of the chili mixture left in the pan. Net, top that layer with the remaining 1/2 of the chili mixture. Add the remaining beans and olives. Top with remaining 2 cups of corn chips, and then the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover, and then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
CORNBREAD CHILI CASSEROLE | READY SET EAT
CHILI CORN CHIP BAKE - PACE FOODS
10 BEST CORN CHIP CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILE CORN CASSEROLE - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - THE BAKERMAMA
CHILI CORN CHIP CASSEROLE - I HAVE A FUTURE AND A HOPE
SOUTHWEST GREEN CHILE CORN CASSEROLE - MELANIE MAKES
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - BROWN SUGAR FOOD …
OVEN-BAKED CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
GREEN CHILI CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE - LITTLE SPOON FARM
5/5 (22)Calories 152 per servingCategory Side Dish
FIESTA CORN CASSEROLE - CHUGWATER CHILI
GREEN CHILE SWEET CORN CASSEROLE - THE SHORT ORDER COOK
CHILI-CORN CASSEROLE WITH POLENTA RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
CORN CASSEROLE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
CHILI CORN BAKE | "JIFFY" MIX
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
GREEN CHILE CORN CASSEROLE - PERSNICKETY PLATES
CHILI'S CORN RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
SPICY GREEN CHILE CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE - HEARTH AND VINE
CHEESY CORN CASSEROLE WITH GREEN CHILES - COOKING WITH CARLEE
RECIPE: CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE | KITCHN
GREEN CHILE CORN CASSEROLE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - FRESENIUS KIDNEY CARE
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
CORN CASSEROLE WITH CREAM CHEESE AND GREEN CHILIES RECIPES
MEXICAN CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE | THE FAMILY FREEZER
GREEN CHILI CORN CASSEROLE - DELICIOUSLY SEASONED
CHILI CORN CASSEROLE - CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS
CHILI CHEESE CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
CHILI CHEESE CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE - ITS YUMMI
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
CHILI CORN CASSEROLE - FOOD LION
GREEN CHILE CORN CASSEROLE | STUBB'S - MCCORMICK
CHILI-CORN CASSEROLE — RECIPE OF THE DAY | FN DISH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chili with corn and cheese?Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the scallions and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Spread the chili in an 8-inch-square baking dish. Top with half of the cheese followed by half of the corn mixture.
How long to bake southwest green chile corn casserole? If desired, add a bit more cheese to the top to form a crispy cheese crust on the top of the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. If you’ve tried this Southwest Green Chile Corn Casserole or any other recipe on Melanie Makes, please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
How to cook corn dogs in the oven with chili?Heat oven to 375 degrees F. To prepared chili, add salt, yellow mustard, chili powder, and corn niblets. Stir to combine. Spread chili evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with half of the shredded cheese. Layer corn dogs evenly across the top of the chili and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
How do you make corn muffin mix with chili?Stir together corn muffin mix, eggs, corn with peppers, sour cream and sugar in large bowl. Spread batter in bottom of prepared dish. Spoon chili evenly over top of batter, up to 1/2 inch of sides of dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and edges are browned.