EASY CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE
I love green chiles and cook with them often when I entertain. This easy version of the classic Mexican dish gives you big pepper taste in every meaty bite. -Nadine Estes, Alto, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Split chiles and remove seeds; dry on paper towels. Arrange chiles on the bottom of a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over the cheese. , In a bowl, beat milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 calories, Fat 20g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 212mg cholesterol, Sodium 406mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein.
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Split the chiles open, and spread half the chiles into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer with the Cheddar cheese, and top with the rest of the canned chiles. Whisk together the eggs, flour, and evaporated milk in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the chiles and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 30 minutes; remove casserole, and top with the Monterey Jack cheese. Pour the green chili salsa over the top; return to oven, and bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563.7 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 210.7 mg, Fat 41.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 34.6 g, SaturatedFat 25 g, Sodium 1474.8 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE
- Mix the milk, eggs, salt,pepper,and flour.
- Spray a pan (9x13) with a nonstick cooking spray.
- layer chilies, then the mixture made in step 1, then the cheese.
- Continue this order until you run our of ingredients and put EXTRA cheese on the top!
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- Allow about 10 minutes before serving!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.9, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 112.5, Sodium 599.9, Carbohydrate 15.6, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 1.5, Protein 16.4
CHILI RELLENOS CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly layer 1 can chile peppers in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chile peppers.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, evaporated milk, and flour. If too thick, feel free to add 1/2 cup regular milk. Pour over the top of the chilies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, pour tomato sauce evenly over the top, and continue baking another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses, pop under the broiler for a few minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 139.9 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 16.7 g, Sodium 1449.4 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE
- Lightly grease 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Beat first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Arrange chilies from 1 can in prepared dish, covering bottom completely. Sprinkle with 1/3 of each cheese. Repeat layering twice. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Let stand 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake until casserole is slightly puffed in center and golden brown on edges, about 45 minutes. Cool 20 minutes and serve.
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE
Love chile rellenos but can't be bothered with all the prep? Try this no-fry, no-fuss casserole that delivers on all the flavors and gooeyness of this traditional Mexican dish without all the work.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Roast the poblanos over an open flame or under the broiler until charred all over, turning as necessary, about 8 minutes. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam and loosen the skin, about 5 minutes. When cooled, remove the stems and run under cold water to peel off the blackened outer skin and remove the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put 1 piece Colby Jack cheese in the center of each pepper. Pour half of enchilada sauce into an 8-inch square baking dish. Put half of the cheese-filled peppers on top of the enchilada sauce. Repeat with the remaining sauce and peppers.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until very frothy. Whisk in the Cheddar, milk, flour and baking powder. Gently pour the mixture over the peppers and sauce in the baking dish.
- Bake until the casserole is set in the center and golden brown all over, about 1 hour. Let rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
CHILIES RELLENOS CASSEROLE
I found 9 RZ recipes for this type dish, but none at all like it & it sounds so good to me! I found it in the "Tasty Holiday Gifts" cookbook SusieQusie spotted at a bookstore in Dallas recently. From their intro: "This spicy Chilies Rellenos Casserole is a great new way to serve eggs at Easter & it's easy to reheat for a delicious brunch dish! The quiche-like casserole features a "crust" of green chilies + a cheesy egg filling & is served w/sour cream & salsa." Since this is a meatless dish, I see spicy grd pork patties as a good side or even some yummy & well-cooked chorizo sausage as a good add to the dish. I would personally make this yr-round if I could, but I rarely see green chilies here & may have to wait for another visit to SQ in Dallas to enjoy it. (Times were not given & have been estimated)
Provided by twissis
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slit ea chili lengthwise & spread open. Place in a single layer in a greased 7x11 inch glass baking dish.
- In a sml skillet, melt butter over med-heat. Add onion, cook till tender & remove from heat.
- In a lrg bowl, combine onion mixture, eggs, sour cream, flour, salt & pepper.
- Stir in tortilla pieces + cheese & pour over chilies.
- Bake 25-30 min or till a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately w/sour cream & salsa -- or cool, cover & refrigerate till ready to serve.
- TO SERVE AFTER REFRIGERATION: Cover & bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30-35 min or till heated through. Serve hot w/sour cream & salsa.
More about "chili rellenos casserole recipes"
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
5/5 (12)Category Breakfast, Main CourseCuisine American, MexicanCalories 212 per serving
- Set your oven to broil. Slice the poblano peppers in half lengthwise and place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet, skin sides up. Broil the poblanos about 15 minutes, until the skins char and blacken. They should puff up. Remove, cool slightly, then peel off the skins and discard them along with the seeds and stems.
- While the poblanos are roasting, heat a 10-inch oven proof skillet to medium heat and add the olive oil.
CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (78)Calories 285 per servingTotal Time 43 mins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside. Quarter the chile peppers and remove seeds, stems, and veins.* Immerse peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Invert peppers onto paper towels to drain well. Place the peppers, cut side up, in prepared baking dish. Top with cheeses.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk. Add flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Beat with a rotary beater until smooth (or place in a food processor or blender; cover and process or blend until smooth). Pour egg mixture over chile peppers and cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the egg mixture comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE WITH HATCH GREEN CHILES | BOBBI'S ...
Servings 4-6Total Time 30 mins See details »
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE - ANN'S ENTITLED LIFE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
10 BEST CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
HATCH GREEN CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE | A FOOD LOVER ...
4.6/5 (8)Category Breakfast, Main Course, Side DishCuisine MexicanCalories 232 per serving
- Blister & lightly char the skins by either grilling, broiling or roasting. Steam the warm pepper in a bag or a bowl with a lid for 20 minutes until cool to touch. Remove the skin, take off the stem, and remove the seeeds. Try to leave as whole as possible to layer in the casserole.
KETO CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - LOW CARB, GLUTEN-FREE - JOY ...
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 445 per serving
- Once all the skin is blackened put the peppers in a paper bag and fold it closed. Let rest for 15 minutes. This will steam off the skin.
- After 15 minutes rub the skin off and pull off the stems. Cut or rip open the peppers. Rinse with warm running water to remove the seeds. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375. Put the chicken in a large casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes while the peppers steam. Once the peppers have been steamed and chopped put them on top of the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes.
HATCH CHILES RELLENOS | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DinnerCalories 214 per serving
- Place Hatch chiles on a foil-lined backing sheet and broil for 5-10 minutes or until the chile has dark black/brown blister spots.
- Flip chiles and broil an additional 5-10 minutes until they are blackened on all sides. Carefully remove the peppers from the pan and place in a gallon-sized ziplock bag to steam (about 10-15 minutes). This helps it so the skin will easily peel away. Do not steam for more than 15 minutes or the pepper will become too soft and won't hold together.
- Remove chiles from the bag and place on a cutting board. Remove skins from chiles once cool enough to handle.
- Take each chile and slice a slit in the side with a sharp knife. Gently remove the seeds from each chile and then carefully stuff with cheese. Use 1-2 toothpicks to secure and seal.
VEGAN CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE - SHARON PALMER, THE PLANT ...
4.7/5 (10)Total Time 50 minsCategory EntreeCalories 239 per serving
- Slice chiles in half, and scoop out seeds. Place, cut side down, in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, drizzle with ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, and place on top rack. Broil for 5-10 minutes, until slightly blackened.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes to cool slightly and sweat. With your fingers, peel away the skin and discard.
LAZY CHILES RELLENOS - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
4/5 (2)Category Breakfast, Main DishServings 9Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.Cut chilies in half and add a single layer of chilies on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top chilies with half the grated cheese.Repeat with another layer of chilies and another layer of cheese.Pour egg mixture all over the top.Place into a larger baking dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- Pour hot water in the large pan so it comes up to the level of the eggs and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until no longer jiggly.
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE - BEYOND THE CHICKEN COOP
5/5 (8)Category Breakfast, Main CourseCuisine MexicanCalories 429 per serving See details »
FRESH CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - UPSTATE RAMBLINGS
4.4/5 (45)Category Side DishCuisine MexicanTotal Time 55 mins See details »
EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
Reviews 91Category DinnerCuisine Mexican, SouthwesternTotal Time 45 mins
- Spray a 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Slice whole canned green chiles wide open; rinse out any seeds, then drain. Arrange half of the chiles in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle chiles with HALF of the grated jack and cheddar cheeses. Add remaining green chiles in another layer on top of the cheese. Top with remaining jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, milk and salt until fully blended. Pour this mixture over the casserole, distributing evenly.
- Bake casserole (uncovered) at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown on top. Remove dish from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let it cool and firm up for a few minutes, then slice casserole with sharp knife into 6 equal sized pieces, serve (a spatula works great) and enjoy!
MINI CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4/5 (18)Calories 211 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat eight 6-ounce or four 10-ounce heatproof ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Equally divide green chiles, corn and scallions among the ramekins. Top each with cheese. Whisk milk, egg whites, eggs and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the ramekins.
- Bake the mini casseroles until the tops begin to brown and the eggs are set, about 25 minutes for 6-ounce ramekins and about 35 minutes for 10-ounce ramekins.
CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE - RECIPE GIRL
Reviews 4Calories 320 per servingCategory Main Course
- Cook chicken or turkey and chopped onion in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from heat; add cumin and next 5 ingredients. Stir well; set aside.
- Arrange half of green chiles in an 11x7-inch baking dish (or a 9x9); top with 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon mounds of meat/bean mixture onto the cheese; spread gently, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge of dish. Top with corn. Arrange remaining green chiles over corn; top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; gradually add milk and next 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour over casserole.
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 50 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, DinnerCalories 192 per serving
- Add the tomato sauce, chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir to combine. Pour the sauce into the casserole dish.
- Split the chilis in half lengthwise and take care to remove all of the seeds. Using half of the total chilis, lay them flat, in one layer across the sauce. Then, sprinkle evenly with half of the cheese. Repeat with another layer of chilis, and end with a sprinkle of the remaining cheese. Set aside until ready to use.
- Separate the egg whites and the yolks. Add the egg whites to a clean medium-sized mixing bowl and the yolks to a large mixing bowl. Set the bowl of yolks aside.
LOW CARB HATCH CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE - WHAT A GIRL EATS
4.8/5 (31)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory EntreeCalories 303 per serving
- Roast chiles under the broiler or on a charcoal grill, turning often, until the skin is blackened. Place them in a paper bag and close tightly. When chiles are cool enough to handle, pull away and discard the seed and inside veins.
- Cover chiles with about 2 ounces of crumbled cotija and 4 ounces of shredded cheddar. Repeat twice, ending with cheeses on top. (three layers total)
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE - SAVOR THE BEST
4.7/5 (43)Category Main DishServings 12Total Time 1 hr 50 mins
- In a mixing bowl add the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and pepper and beat together. In a separate bowl whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and set aside while you assemble the casserole.
- Arrange 1/2 of the peppers on the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of cheddar and 1/2 of the monterey jack cheese. Create the next layer with the remaining chilies and cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the casserole to the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour and the center does not jiggle.
CHILI RELLENOS CASSEROLE | RECIPE | CHILI RELLENO ...
4.4/5 (1.1K)Total Time 1 hrServings 6 See details »
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE WITH ANAHEIM PEPPERS - ROOTS & BOOTS
See details »
CHILI RELLENOS - ALLSHAPES.NET
See details »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #eggs-dairy #vegetables #mexican #vegetarian #cheese #eggs #dietary #high-calcium #comfort-food #low-carb #inexpensive #high-in-something #low-in-something #peppers #taste-mood #savory #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love