CHINESE TAKE-AWAY-STYLE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chicken breast, lemon zest, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper, flour, eggs, panko breadcrumbs, oil, chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon, sugar, water, corn flour
Provided by Evelyn Liu
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine all marinade ingredients with the chicken breast and leave for 20 minutes.
- Coat the chicken breast first in flour, then eggs, and finally panko breadcrumbs.
- In a medium-sized saucepan heat the oil to 325˚F (170°C),
- Deep fry the breaded chicken for about 3-4 minutes until the coating is golden brown.
- In a small frying pan, combine the chicken stock, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Mix the corn flour with the water, then add the mixture to the frying pan to thicken the sauce.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and coat with the lemon sauce.
- Serve on top of rice. (We garnished ours with green onions and sesame seeds.)
- Nutrition Calories: 4856 Fat: 436 grams Carbs: 188 grams Fiber: 9 grams Sugars: 47 grams Protein: 66 grams
EASY HOMEMADE CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN
- Whisk soy sauce, egg, lemon juice, rice vinegar, sugar, and hot mustard together in a medium bowl. Add chicken, cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and toss in a large mixing bowl with 1/2 cup cornstarch. Be sure to coat thoroughly. Discard marinade.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry chicken in batches until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a tray covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Whisk chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, and cornstarch together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and stir constantly until sauce becomes translucent and begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and top cooked chicken with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.8 calories, Carbohydrate 30.1 g, Cholesterol 112.6 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 3990.8 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN
- Mix together the egg, 1T cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Place in a gallon size ziplock with the chicken and allow to marinade 10 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in pan -- while it is heating dip each piece in additional cornstarch and place in frypan cooking till done and golden brown.
- Mix first 4 sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Add water, juice, and ketchup whisking to prevent lumps.
- Cook till thick and clear and serve with chicken over rice or use as dipping sauce and "chicken nuggets".
- Cook time is approximate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 539.8, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 183.2, Sodium 1247, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 37.1, Protein 43.4
CHICKEN.....AUTHENTIC CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN
- Mix cut chicken with egg white, salt and cornstarch in bowl; refrigerate.
- for 20 minutes. Heat large pan until very hot; add oil. When oil is very.
- hot, remove pan from heat and immediately add chicken pieces, stirring.
- vigorously too keep from sticking.
- As soon as chicken pieces turn white.
- in abut 2 minutes, quickly drain chicken and all of the oil; discard the.
- oil. Mix in saucepan all sauce ingredients except cornstarch mixture and.
- bring to simmer. Slowly add cornstarch mixture stirring all the while.
- When sauce has slightly thickened add chicken and mix.
- Turn onto a platter and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 724.2, Fat 65, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 73, Sodium 1117.1, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 4.8, Protein 27
More about "chinese lemon chicken recipes"
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (17)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 549 per serving
- In a large shallow bowl whisk egg, soy sauce and wine. Add in chicken, mix well and allow to marinate for 20 minutes, covered.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic and ginger until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add stock, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, honey, and a pinch of salt. Whisk, bring to a simmer until the sugar dissolves.
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - JO COOKS
4.4/5 (80)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 255 per serving
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE - MADS' COOKHOUSE
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN AT HOME - CHEFS NOTES
CRISPY CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE | IT IS A KEEPER
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN (BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT) - CURRY TRAIL
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS | EAT ...
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - THE TASTE OF KOSHER
CRISPY CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN (BETTER THAN TAKEAWAY ...
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN | ZAVOR®
HEALTHY CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - A SAUCY KITCHEN
LEMON CHICKEN (CRISPY AND BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - RASA ...
BEST EVER CRISPY CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN (BAKED OR …
LEMON CHICKEN - HOW TO MAKE CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN IN …
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - CHINESE FOOD RECIPES
CHINESE LEMON "CHICKEN" - BOSH!
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - MAKE YOUR OWN CLASSIC CHINESE ...
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BAKED CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
EASY LEMON CHICKEN (CHINESE TAKEAWAY STYLE) USING AN OVEN ...
CRISPY CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN (WITH VIDEO) - TIPBUZZ
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
25 LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE (HOMEMADE SAUCE ...
STICKY CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN | RECIPE ON 30DAYSBLOG
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - COOK EAT LAUGH
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - MODERN HONEY
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN (CRISPY, SWEET AND TANGY ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #poultry #asian #chinese #dinner-party #chicken #one-dish-meal #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is lemon chicken Chinese style?Lemon chicken Chinese style consists of chicken breasts that are battered and deep fried before being coated in a lemon sauce. LEMON SAUCE FOR CHICKEN The best part of this recipe is the SAUCE: it’s sweet, tangy and savory.
How do you make lemon chicken sauce?Made with lemon juice, sugar and water and then thickened by cornstarch slurry, lemon chicken sauce is so addictive! To make the sauce, add lemon juice, and sugar and water in a frying pan. Bring the mixture to boil. Then mix cornstarch with water and add the mixture to thicken the sauce. Stir until mixture is smooth and thick.
How long to bake Chinese lemon chicken?To bake Chinese lemon chicken, set the oven at 200 degrees celsius and cook for about 30-40 minutes. Every 5 minutes pour marinade sauce over the meat. Now, let’s find out how to achieve the sauce of perfection. First, wipe your pan clean of any pieces that could burn while cooking.
How to make chicken fried rice with lemon sauce?In a small frying pan, combine the chicken stock, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Mix the corn flour with the water, then add the mixture to the frying pan to thicken the sauce. Add the chicken to the frying pan and coat with the lemon sauce. Serve on top of rice. (We garnished ours with green onions and sesame seeds.) Enjoy!