STICKY CHINESE SPARERIBS
- Cut ribs into serving pieces; place in shallow, foil-lined pan, meaty side down.
- Combine remaining ingredients; brush ribs thoroughly with sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. 1 hour.
- Turn ribs over, pour remaining sauce over ribs and brush with sauce. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer; brush occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 908.6 calories, Carbohydrate 25.9 g, Cholesterol 239.9 mg, Fat 60.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 61.8 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, Sodium 2115.4 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
TAKEOUT-STYLE CHINESE SPARE RIBS
- Mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, five-spice powder, garlic, ginger and food coloring in a metal, non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade into a large zip-top bag, reserving 1/2 cup on the side for basting later. Add the ribs to the bag and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 3 hours, though longer is better and overnight is ideal.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to 275 degrees F for direct and indirect grilling.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade (discard the marinade) and place onto a wire rack. Place the rack directly on the cooler side of the grill. Cook until the meat is very tender, basting with the reserved marinade 3 times during the cooking process, 2 to 3 hours.
- Drizzle the ribs with honey, move them to the direct heat side and quickly char each rib to caramelize.
After searching the internet for a good Chinese Spareribs recipe and not finding any that caught my eye, I decided to make my own. This recipe is pretty simple, and yields tender, juicy, tangy ribs. In Japan, I cooked this in the fish broiler, but it should be fine on the grill or in the oven.
Provided by IBNSHISHA
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a shallow glass dish, mix together the hoisin sauce, ketchup, honey, soy sauce, sake, rice vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder. Place the ribs in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Fill a broiler tray with enough water to cover the bottom. Place the grate or rack over the tray. Arrange the ribs on the grate.
- Place the broiler rack in the center of the oven. Cook for 40 minutes, turning and brushing with the marinade every 10 minutes. Let the marinade cook on for the final 10 minutes to make a glaze. Finish under the broiler if desired. Discard any remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 120.5 mg, Fat 30.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 30.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 1014.9 mg, Sugar 17.5 g
OVEN-BAKED CHINESE SPARERIBS
Get your butcher to cut your ribs in half lengthwise for this terrific rib recipe. This has been a hit at every party I've ever taken it to so now I just bring copies of the recipes with me when it's my turn to provide the appetizer. You can also make a meal out of these with some rice and flash-cooked greens. Prep time does not include marinading time.
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients except meat and pour into a heavy-duty plastic reclosable bag.
- Add spareribs.
- Marinate overnight, turning several times.
- Line a shallow pan with aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roast spareribs 45 minutes.
- Turn heat to 325°.
- Roast 15 minutes longer.
- When shrinkage occurs, ribs are done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1001.4, Fat 69.1, SaturatedFat 25.3, Cholesterol 274.6, Sodium 1452.5, Carbohydrate 19.8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 16.3, Protein 68.3
CHINESE-STYLE SPARE RIBS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a food processor, pulse ketchup, hoisin, sambal oelek, vinegar, scallions, and ginger until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Season ribs with salt and coat both sides with sauce. Roast, bone side down, until ribs are tender but not falling off the bone, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cut into single ribs and serve with slaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585 g, Fat 42 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 35 g
CHINESE PORK RIBS
- Put the ribs in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins. Meanwhile, pour the hoisin sauce in a jug and stir in the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and five-spice.
- Drain the ribs very well, then brush with the glaze - if barbecuing, chill, cover and keep in the fridge for later.
- Heat the grill to high, if using. Grill or barbecue for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time until shiny and slightly charred in places. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.27 milligram of sodium
CHINESE SPARE RIBS RECIPE
- Place the pork rib in a large skillet with boiling water, which is sufficient to cover the entire pork rib.
- Blanch for 5 minutes. Remove the pork rib and discard the water.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan, saute the ingredients in B until aromatic.
- Add ingredients C. Bring it to a boil.
- Place the spare rib in the boiling liquid. Reduce the heat and braise for 3 hours.
- Turn over the spare rib occasionally.
- After 3 hours, add the cornflour and water in INgredients A to thicken the braised liquid.
- Remove the spare ribs and place it on a serving plate.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the spare rib.
- Garnish with scallion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2346 calories, Carbohydrate 82 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 485 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 176 grams fat, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 102 grams protein, SaturatedFat 45 grams saturated fat, ServingSize spare rib (600g), Sodium 4746 grams sodium, Sugar 56 grams sugar, TransFat 2 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 92 grams unsaturated fat
CHINESE PORK RIBS RECIPE
- In a medium sized bowl combine Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, five spice powder, chopped garlic, honey, and ketchup.
- Stir until the sauce if fully blended.
- Pour over pork spare ribs and marinate for at least 1 hour. These taste better if you can allow them to marinate a little longer.
- Place ribs on a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Try to place the ribs fat side up. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Bake at 375 for about 40 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 30 g, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 111 mg, Sodium 562 mg, Sugar 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHINESE BARBECUED SPARERIBS
- cut the spareribs into individual ribs and arrange them onto a rack in a baking pan. Roast for 45 minutes at 300°F.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a sauce. Brush the spareribs lightly with the sauce. roast for 30 minutes more.
- turn the spareribs and brush with more sauce. roast until the ribs are well browned, approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35.1, Fat 0.2, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 394.6, Carbohydrate 7.1, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 5.4, Protein 0.8
I adopted this recipe after Mean Chef left the site. The recipe is from Fine Cooking Magazine. My comments from my first reviews were, "I prepared these for my Christmas Open House appetizer buffet. I used baby back ribs and rubbed liberally with the spice rub. They smelled heavenly while baking, and had a great flavor even before I added the sauce. Everyone raved, and they were the first item to disappear from the buffet." I have since made these for many, many parties and everyone always loves them. I use baby back ribs, and 2 racks are never enough. Cooking time for baby back ribs is about 3 hours.
Provided by Ms B.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Note: Yields 1/2 cup spice rub and about 2/3 cup sauce.
- Make the spice rub: In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients.
- Cook the ribs: Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 300°F Sprinkle and press 1/4 cup of the rub on both sides of each rib rack.
- Put the racks, meaty side up, on a broiling pan or a wire roasting rack set over a baking sheet.
- Lightly season the ribs with salt and put them in the oven.
- After the first hour, rotate the pan every 30 minutes (If you use two baking sheets, switch their position in the oven, too.) The ribs will sizzle gently as they cook, and they'll become tender after about 2 - 3 hours in the oven.
- To test for doneness, pick up the center of the ribs with tongs; the ends of the ribs should flop downward (this means the fat and cartilage have broken down), and a skewer inserted between the ribs should meet little resistance.
- If the meat between the ribs is still tough, keep cooking, checking every 15 minutes and rotating the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, and sesame oil to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- The sauce will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
- Cut and serve: When the ribs are done, remove them from the oven, put them on a cutting board meaty side down (so they're easier to slice), and slice them into individual ribs.
- Arrange on a platter and serve with the sauce on the side.
- Or, stack the ribs, drizzle with some of the dipping sauce (serve the rest on the side), and garnish with the sliced scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.7, Fat 2.5, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 2830.7, Carbohydrate 18.9, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 13.7, Protein 3.1
More about "chinese spareribs recipes"
CHINESE RED-BRAISED SPARE RIBS | MARION'S KITCHEN
STEAMED SPARERIBS WITH BLACK BEAN ... - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
CHINESE-STYLE SPARERIBS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CHINESE-STYLE BARBECUED SPARERIBS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
CHINESE DRY RUB RIBS - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
10 BEST CHINESE PORK SPARERIBS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW-COOKER CHINESE SPARERIBS - TODAY.COM
TAKE OUT STYLE CHINESE SPARE RIBS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BONELESS SPARE RIBS: CHINESE TAKEOUT RECIPE! - THE WOKS …
10 BEST CHINESE GARLIC SPARERIBS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE SPARERIBS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE
EASY CHINESE STEAMED PORK SPARE RIBS WITH GARLIC AND ...
CHINESE-STYLE GLAZED SPARERIBS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST STEAMED PORK RIBS RECIPE | DIM SUM CENTRAL
CHINESE PORK SPARE RIBS / CHAR SIU RIBS RECIPE
BEST BUBBIE’S “CHINESE” SPARERIBS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK ...
BEST CHINESE SPARE RIBS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GENIUS PORK RIBS
CHINESE SPARERIBS (WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE) – TASTE OF ASIAN ...
HONEY GARLIC SPARERIBS - CHINESE RESTAURANT STYLE (WITH ...
SWEET AND SOUR RIBS-TANG CU PAI GU - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
OVEN BAKED CHINESE SPARE RIBS | REYNOLDS BRANDS
CHINESE-STYLE SPARE RIBS RECIPE | GRILLING
CHINESE STEAMED SPARERIBS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE • STEAMY ...
BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT CHINESE BBQ SPARERIBS – INSTANT POT ...
CHINESE SPARE RIBS RECIPE WITH HOISIN SAUCE RECIPE
CHINESE BRAISED SPARERIBS | EMERILS.COM
TRADITIONAL CHINESE CANADIAN SWEET AND SOUR RIBS: A RETRO ...
CHINESE BONELESS SPARE RIBS (OVEN, AIR FRYER & CROCK POT ...
BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT CHINESE SPARERIBS · ERICA'S RECIPES
DIM SUM STEAMED SPARE RIBS WITH BLACK BEANS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR RIBS | SHUANGY'S KITCHEN SINK
CHINESE BONELESS SPARE RIBS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHINESE SPARERIBS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHINESE STEAMED RIBS WITH FERMENTED BLACK BEAN - CHINA ...
CHINESE BRAISED SPARE RIBS - KWOKSPOTS
CHINESE SPARE RIBS (BEST ASIAN BBQ SAUCE) - WEST VIA MIDWEST
CHINESE BONELESS SPARE RIBS - TAKEOUT BONELESS SPARE RIB ...
CHINESE SPARE RIBS (SLOW COOKER) - CAROLINE'S COOKING
#time-to-make #course #preparation #appetizers #easy #dietary #high-protein #high-in-something #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love