CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE
- Melt the margarine and the chocolate together, stirring until chocolate is smooth. Add eggs, sugar, salt, and syrup. Stir until everything is mixed thoroughly. Stir in walnuts. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40-50 minutes, or until pie is set. Let sit for 30 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.4 calories, Carbohydrate 62.6 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 28.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 377.2 mg, Sugar 20.8 g
- Make the crust: Pulse the flour, granulated sugar and fine salt in a food processor until combined. Add the shortening and pulse until incorporated. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal with pea-size bits of butter. Beat the egg and 1 tablespoon ice water in a small bowl; add to the food processor and pulse once or twice to moisten the flour. Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap; use the plastic to help form the dough into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate, then fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp the edge with your fingers. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Make the filling: Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 8 minutes; transfer to a bowl and set aside. Return the empty baking sheet to the lower oven rack. Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat until foamy and golden brown, about 5 minutes; remove from the heat. Whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, kosher salt, liqueur and vanilla in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the browned butter until smooth.
- Scatter half each of the walnuts and chocolate in the prepared crust. Pour in the filling, then top with the remaining walnuts and chocolate. Transfer the pie to the hot baking sheetin the oven. Bake until the crust is golden and the nuts have browned, about 30 minutes. Cover the pie loosely with foil; continue baking until the filling is set and the center is slightly puffed, 25 to 30 more minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Press pie crust in 8- or 9-inch pie plate; crimp edges as desired. Place in refrigerator.
- In large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and salt. Add eggs, melted butter and vanilla; mix until combined. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in pie crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until pie is golden. Cool completely before serving, 1 to 2 hours. Top each serving with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560, Carbohydrate 61 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 6, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 39 g, TransFat 0 g
CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE
- Position rack in lower third of the oven and preheat to 375°F . Stir the butter and 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips in a heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool until warm.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Whisk in the butter mixture. Stir in the walnut pieces and the remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Bake until filling is set and crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool. (Pie can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover loosely and keep at room temperature.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.8, Fat 23.6, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 85, Sodium 336, Carbohydrate 36.6, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 7.6, Protein 5.9
BOURBON CHOCOLATE-WALNUT PIE
- Make the crust: Combine the flour, granulated sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the shortening and pulse until it looks like cornmeal. Add the butter and pulse a few times until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Add the vinegar and 1 tablespoon ice water; pulse until the dough starts coming together but is still crumbly, adding 1 more tablespoon ice water if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap; shape into a disk and wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Put a baking sheet on the middle oven rack and preheat to 425 degrees F. Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp with your fingers or a fork. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, bourbon, vanilla, salt, walnuts and chocolate chips in a large bowl until smooth. Pour the filling into the crust. Carefully place the pie plate on the hot baking sheet in the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake until the crust is golden and the filling is set around the edge but slightly jiggly in the center, 50 to 55 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely, 3 to 4 hours.
CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add eggs, stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into baked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned and set. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature with spiced cream.
- To Make Spiced Cream: Mix together whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.8 calories, Carbohydrate 54.3 g, Cholesterol 66.9 mg, Fat 30.3 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 181.9 mg, Sugar 33.7 g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a heavy pot on low heat. Pour it evenly into the unbaked pie shell.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla well. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the chocolate-lined pie shell and bake until the filling is set, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove to a rack and let cool.
- The pie may be made ahead several days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE
For a showstopping holiday pie, I mix cranberries, chocolate and walnuts. A little touch of rum makes it even happier. -Lorrie Melerine, Houston, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°., Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 15-20 minutes or until edge is light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 350°., In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. Gradually add flour until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into crust., Bake 30-35 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594 calories, Fat 41g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 276mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
CHOCOLATE WALNUT COCONUT PIE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients in the order given.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
More about "chocolate walnut pie recipes"
KENTUCKY CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrsCategory PieCalories 460 per serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare and roll out a pie crust, then transfer it to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim and crimp the edges of the crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk the granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and salt, then pour into the pie crust over the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the pie is looking set and doesn't jiggle on top. You may need to cover the edges of the crust with a pie guard or foil if it is browning too much before the middle looks done.
CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE - CULINARY HILL
Ratings 1Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sift the flour and salt together into the bowl of a food processor; add shortening and pulse until pieces are the size of small peas.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter is dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma, 5 to 7 minutes. Off heat, slowly stir in bourbon; let cool for 5 minutes.
CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE – THE EASIEST PIE RECIPE - THEKITTCHEN
Reviews 10Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 6-8Calories 2709 per serving
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon, salt, and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on a medium speed for 1 minute. Then stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
KENTUCKY CHOCOLATE AND WALNUT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
5/5 (4)Category DessertCuisine SouthernTotal Time 3 hrs 55 mins
- Place cookie sheet on oven rack. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon, salt and eggs with whisk or electric mixer until well blended. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour into frozen pie crust.
BLACK WALNUT CHOCOLATE PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsServings 1Calories 544 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If you have a baking stone, place it on the oven's center shelf (this will help the pie's bottom crust get crisp and brown)., Roll out and line a 9" deep-dish pie pan with the prepared pastry; crimp the edges and refrigerate while assembling the filling., To make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, honey, sugars, melted butter, bourbon, vinegar, cornmeal, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the filling is nearly set all the way across.
CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 563 per servingServings 8
- In a bowl, beat butter, eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Add flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake on the lowest rack in a 325° oven until top is a rich golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes (about 30 minutes in a convection oven). Cool on rack at least 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool, cut into wedges, with ice cream.
FUDGY CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
Estimated Reading Time 1 minCalories 486 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
RECIPES - DARK CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE - HALLMARK CHANNEL
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT PIE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
RECIPE FOR KENTUCKY DERBY BOURBON CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE
4.4/5 (241)Total Time 55 minsCategory Dessert, PiesCalories 677 per serving
CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE RECIPE - HERSHEY'S
CHOCOLATE-WALNUT PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsServings 8
- Stir together sugar and next 4 ingredients until well blended; stir in walnuts and chocolate. Pour filling into piecrust.
- Recipe from My Old Kentucky Homes Cookbook as contributed to Best of the Best From Kentucky Cookbook (Quail Ridge Press, $95)
QUICK & DECADENT CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT PIE RECIPE - AN ...
Reviews 10Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 498 per serving
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 45 to 60 minutes* until deep golden brown and firmer (though center will still move some).
KENTUCKY CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 636 per serving
CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE RECIPE - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsCategory Food And DrinksCalories 269 per serving
- Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork and bake it according to the directions on the package. Allow it to cool.
- Pour the pudding into the pie crust. While it is still soft, sprinkle half of the walnuts onto the top and gently press them into the filling.
CHOCOLATE WALNUT-WHISKEY PIE - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
5/5 (3)Calories 540 per serving
CHOCOLATE WALNUT PIE BARS | TOLL HOUSE®
Servings 36Total Time 49 minsCategory Desserts
WALNUT PIE RECIPE WITHOUT CORN SYRUP / CHOCOLATE CHIP ...
STAND OUT THANKSGIVING DESSERT RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE - GEEZ ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #american #southern-united-states #oven #holiday-event #kid-friendly #pies #chocolate #nuts #stove-top #dietary #christmas #thanksgiving #low-sodium #low-in-something #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a chocolate chip walnut pie?Be sure to cool the pie shell before filling. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add eggs, stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into baked pie crust.
How do you make bourbon chocolate walnut pie?Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and melted and cooled butter, and mix to combine. Stir in the bourbon, walnuts, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is set.
What's the best way to freeze a chocolate walnut pie?Bake the pie in a ready-made graham cracker crust instead of a pastry crust. This pie will keep well, covered, at room temperature for 4 to 5 days. To freeze the pie, wrap the whole pie or individual slices well in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Where did the Kentucky Derby chocolate walnut pie come from?Kentucky Derby Chocolate Walnut Pie. George Kern made up the recipe for the pie when he was the manager of the Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky, with the help of his parents, and it became its specialty pastry. The name "Derby Pie" has been trademarked by the Kern family, which is extremely vigilant about unauthorized use.