BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in milk, cream, 1 1/2 cup sugar, rum, vanilla extract, and salt until mixture is thoroughly combined. Gently stir bread cubes into the egg mixture to coat. Let bread soak until the egg mixture has been absorbed, about 1 hour; stir occasionally.
- Dissolve 1 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and vinegar in a heavy saucepan. Place over high heat and cook without stirring until the sugar mixture is dark amber in color, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool until it stops bubbling. Gradually stir 1/4 cup water into the syrup, about 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until water is incorporated.
- Pour warm sauce into a 9x9-inch baking pan and swirl the pan so the caramel sauce coats the bottom and sides of the pan. Let caramel sauce set, about 15 minutes. Coat inside of baking dish and caramel layer with butter. Transfer soaked bread cubes and any remaining liquid into the baking dish over caramel sauce and gently press bread cubes together. Cover pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place baking pan into a large roasting pan and pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the middle of the pudding comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife around the outside of the pan and invert pudding and caramel sauce onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 846.8 calories, Carbohydrate 109.5 g, Cholesterol 287.6 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 20.4 g, Sodium 722.5 mg, Sugar 66.6 g
SALTED CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
- Combine the cream, butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Let the butter melt, then slowly simmer the cream until it reduces slightly, about 10 minutes. Be careful that the mixture doesn¿t boil over; if it does, reduce or remove from the heat.
- Break the bread up into 1-inch pieces. Day-old bread is best but any bread will work. Place the bread in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch-by-8-inch cake pan.
- Add the reduced heavy cream mixture to the bread pieces and mix until combined. Transfer to the prepared cake pan and sprinkle the kosher salt over the top. You want just a light sprinkle to give it that salty and sweet taste. Bake until firm in the middle, like brownies, about 20 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk together egg yolks, eggs, and salt; set aside.
- In a large, nonreactive, heavy-bottomed saucepan combine sugar and 1/2 cup water. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and comes to a boil. Increase heat to high and cook, brushing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush but without stirring, until mixture becomes golden amber in color.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small, nonreactive, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan; immediately remove from heat.
- Remove caramel from heat. When caramel has stopped bubbling, stir in about 1/4 cup of hot cream, taking care as caramel will begin to bubble up once cream is added. Continue adding the cream about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring, adding more cream when bubbles subside, until all cream has been used. Add milk and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk caramel mixture into reserved egg mixture.
- Place chocolate cake pieces in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour caramel mixture evenly over cake.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out almost completely clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON-PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE
- FOR SAUCE:
- Stir sugar and water in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Mix in corn syrup and lemon juice. Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup turns deep amber, brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour in cream (mixture will bubble up). Stir over low heat until caramel is melted and smooth. Increase heat; boil until sauce is reduced to 1 2/3 cups, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in pecans and bourbon. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.)
- FOR PUDDING:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine milk, cream and sugar in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; stir until smooth. Beat eggs and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. Add bread cubes. Let stand until bread absorbs some of custard, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake until set in center, about 45 minutes. Uncover; cool at least 15 minutes.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature with warm sauce.
BANANA-CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
This is a a sinfully delicious creamy bread pudding! Recipe #78088 works great with this recipe, just make certain that the sauce is room temperature before using in this recipe.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the bread cubes into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange the banana slices over the top of the bread, then sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over top.
- In a bowl beat cream with eggs, cream cheese and cinnamon until smooth and combined; pour evenly over the top.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream.
CHOCOLATE-PRALINE BREAD PUDDING WITH CINNAMON CREAM
- For the praline: Lightly oil a baking sheet or line it with a silicone baking mat. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Continue cooking without stirring until the sugar syrup turns to dark caramel, 5 to 7 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally and gently so the caramel darkens evenly. Monitor the caramel closely during the final moments as it can quickly go from perfect to burnt. Work cautiously, as hot caramel can cause a nasty burn.
- Stir in the pecans, then immediately pour the hot praline onto the prepared baking sheet in a thin, even layer. Let cool until hard, then break into small pieces.
- For the pudding: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch square pan.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Put half of the chopped chocolate in a large bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Whisk until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and egg yolks, granulated sugar, and salt until well blended. Add to the melted chocolate mixture and whisk well.
- Add the bread cubes and allow them to soak for about 30 minutes, pushing them down into the liquid occasionally. Fold in the remaining chopped chocolate. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle the praline over the surface. Place the pan in a larger roasting pan and add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the smaller pan. Bake until the pudding is firm to the touch, about 45 minutes. Remove the smaller pan from the water bath and let the pudding cool for at least 30 minutes.
- For the cream: In a bowl, with a whisk or electric beaters, whip together the cream, confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon to soft peaks.
- To serve, cut the pudding into 12 pieces. Serve warm, accompanied by a dollop of cinnamon cream.
More about "chocolate caramel bread pudding recipes"
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 16Calories 343 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins
- Coat an 11- x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Place bread in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until foamy and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Add sugar, and whisk until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and next 4 ingredients, whisking until thick. Stir in all chocolates. Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure it's evenly saturated. Let stand 30 minutes. Spoon bread mixture into pan. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Let stand 15 minutes.
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - I AM BAKER
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Breakfast, DessertCalories 288 per serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar and Bolthouse Salted Caramel Latte until smooth.
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - CRAFT ...
Servings 12Total Time 35 mins
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream, brown sugar, salt and vanilla together in mixing bowl. Pour over bread in pan.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE …
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 50 minsServings 6
- Butter an 8-by-11-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. In a medium glass bowl, microwave the chocolate at high power in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring between intervals.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and cream to a simmer over moderately high heat. In a large bowl, whisk the whole eggs and yolks with 1/2 cup of the sugar, the vanilla and salt. Slowly whisk the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, then whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Spread the challah cubes in the prepared baking dish and pour the chocolate custard over the top. Press the challah into the custard until evenly soaked, then let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the bread pudding. Set the baking dish in a roasting pan and fill the pan halfway with hot water. Bake the bread pudding for 50 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the dish from the water bath and let stand for 20 minutes. Serve the bread pudding warm or at room temperature with the Bourbon Caramel Sauce and whipped cream.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - VICKI WELLS ...
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 45 minsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Put 2 ounces of the bittersweet chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Heat 1/4 cup of the heavy cream in a small saucepan over moderately low heat. Pour the warm cream over the chopped chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes, then stir until the chocolate ganache is smooth. Let the chocolate ganache stand at room temperature until set.
- Butter an 11-by-8-inch baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. In a large bowl, toss the melted butter with the diced challah. Spread the bread on a baking sheet in an even layer and toast for about 15 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown. Wipe out the bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with the milk and 6 tablespoons of the sugar and bring just to a boil. Remove the heavy cream mixture from the heat. Add the remaining 3 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk until the chocolate is melted.
- In the bowl used for the bread, whisk the remaining 6 tablespoons of sugar with the egg yolks, cocoa, vanilla and salt until a paste forms. Slowly whisk in the warm chocolate cream until smooth. Strain the custard into a clean bowl. Add the toasted bread and toss to coat with the warm chocolate cream. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until most of the chocolate cream is absorbed.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL ROLOS - DESSERT FOR TWO
4.5/5 (12)Total Time 38 minsCategory FancyCalories 386 per serving
CRèME CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - EASY DESSERT RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 0 per serving
- Take a saucepan and mix the sugar and water. Place it on low heat. Slowly the sugar will melt and the colour will change to amber. Do not swirl. If you think that the sugar isn't cooking uniformly, give the saucepan a gentle swirl.
- Place another saucepan with the milk on it and allow it to simmer for a couple of minutes before removing it from heat.
CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - SHUGARY SWEETS
Reviews 24Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes with melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins and chopped pecans. Mix gently until well blended. Pour into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Using the same bowl, whisk together the eggs with the sugar, vanilla and salt until frothy. Add warm milk and stir until blended. Pour over bread mixture.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE - …
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 534 per serving
- Butter a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar on top of the butter. Set aside.
- Cut the slices of bread in half and butter one side of each slice. Sprinkle on chocolate chips. Place in the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the custard over the bread. Pres down on the bread so it is covered by the liquid. Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
4.4/5 (5)Category DessertCuisine American
CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 46 minsServings 6Calories 357 per serving
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in bread until coated. Pour bread mixture into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with chopped candy.
- Bake at 350° for 38 minutes. Spoon pudding evenly into each of 6 individual serving bowls; top each serving with ice cream, if desired, and drizzle evenly with syrup.
CHOCOLATE-CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - COUNTRY LIVING
Servings 14Calories 419 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPEHOW.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING | QUICK & EASY RECIPES
CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
PEACH BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON CARAMEL - ALL INFORMATION ...
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING, BREAD PUDDING RECIPE ...
CHOCOLATE-CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING WITH IRISH CREAM SAUCE ...
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PUDDING DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHOCOLATE BOURBON BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING | RECIPELION.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a caramel bread pudding?Bread pudding with its own caramel sauce. The only thing else needed is maybe some ice cream. So good! Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in milk, cream, 1 1/2 cup sugar, rum, vanilla extract, and salt until mixture is thoroughly combined.
What is a chocolate bread pudding?Chocolate Bread Pudding is toasted chunks of Texas Toast, baked in a chocolate-flavored custard with a salted caramel glaze on top. For another dessert pudding, try my tradition Bread Pudding . This Chocolate Bread Pudding stands out because of the Bolthouse products used in the recipe.
How long to bake salted caramel pudding?Drizzle the melted butter over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes (or until the internal temperature is 160°F). This Salted Caramel Glaze pairs perfectly with the chocolate flavor in the pudding. To make the glaze, mix together the confectioners’ sugar and the Bolthouse Salted Caramel Latte until smooth.
What is the best way to cook Texas toast pudding?Chocolate Bread Pudding is toasted chunks of Texas Toast, baked in a chocolate-flavored custard with a salted caramel glaze on top. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread in an even layer in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake the bread pieces for 5 minutes or until bread is slightly crispy.