CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. It's a great way to use up day-old bread."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine water and brown sugar; pour over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over bread. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 115mg cholesterol, Sodium 210mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
When I really want to impress guests, I serve this decadent bread pudding. With just a few staple ingredients-bread, eggs, sugar and chocolate-I'm able to turn out this masterpiece in no time! -Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-in. springform pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Cube remaining butter; place in a small saucepan. Add chocolate chips and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat., In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, espresso powder and salt. Gently stir in bread; let stand until bread is softened, about 15 minutes. Fold in chocolate mixture. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes., Meanwhile, for sauce, heat cream in a small heavy saucepan until bubbles form around sides. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, brown sugar and salt. Whisk a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in butter. Fold in pecans and coconut. If desired, stir in brandy. Cool., For whipped cream, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and, if desired, brandy; beat until soft peaks form., Loosen sides of pan with a knife. Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; remove rim from pan. Serve pudding warm with sauce and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts :
BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in milk, cream, 1 1/2 cup sugar, rum, vanilla extract, and salt until mixture is thoroughly combined. Gently stir bread cubes into the egg mixture to coat. Let bread soak until the egg mixture has been absorbed, about 1 hour; stir occasionally.
- Dissolve 1 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and vinegar in a heavy saucepan. Place over high heat and cook without stirring until the sugar mixture is dark amber in color, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool until it stops bubbling. Gradually stir 1/4 cup water into the syrup, about 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until water is incorporated.
- Pour warm sauce into a 9x9-inch baking pan and swirl the pan so the caramel sauce coats the bottom and sides of the pan. Let caramel sauce set, about 15 minutes. Coat inside of baking dish and caramel layer with butter. Transfer soaked bread cubes and any remaining liquid into the baking dish over caramel sauce and gently press bread cubes together. Cover pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place baking pan into a large roasting pan and pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the middle of the pudding comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife around the outside of the pan and invert pudding and caramel sauce onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 846.8 calories, Carbohydrate 109.5 g, Cholesterol 287.6 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 20.4 g, Sodium 722.5 mg, Sugar 66.6 g
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk together egg yolks, eggs, and salt; set aside.
- In a large, nonreactive, heavy-bottomed saucepan combine sugar and 1/2 cup water. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and comes to a boil. Increase heat to high and cook, brushing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush but without stirring, until mixture becomes golden amber in color.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small, nonreactive, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan; immediately remove from heat.
- Remove caramel from heat. When caramel has stopped bubbling, stir in about 1/4 cup of hot cream, taking care as caramel will begin to bubble up once cream is added. Continue adding the cream about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring, adding more cream when bubbles subside, until all cream has been used. Add milk and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk caramel mixture into reserved egg mixture.
- Place chocolate cake pieces in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour caramel mixture evenly over cake.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out almost completely clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH KAHLUA CARAMEL SAUCE
Chocolate, Caramel and Kahlua -- need I say more? I have not tried this yet, but it is on my short list of recipes to try.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 12 ramekins or a large gratin dish. Dust with granulated sugar.
- Bread Pudding: Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with the 1/2 cup sugar. Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until steamy but not boiling. Turn off the heat and add the chocolates, salt, vanilla, nutmeg, and Kahlua. Stir to mix. While whisking, pour over the egg yolks/sugar mixture. Gently fold in the bread cubes. Transfer the pudding mixture to ramekins (filled just up to the top) and put on a baking sheet, or use a gratin pan. Bake until nicely browned and set, about 30 minutes (for ramekins) and 45 minutes for gratin pan.
- Kahlua Caramel Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water and cream of tartar in a small saucepan. DO NOT STIR. Bring to a boil and cook until the caramel browns. When the caramel is medium brown, remove from heat and carefully add 1 cup of cream and simmer. Add Kahlua.
- To serve: Ladle a layer of sauce onto each plate and unmold the ramekin and put the pudding on top of the sauce; or if in a gratin pan, place a large spoonful of bread pudding on top. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush bread all over with melted butter. Arrange pieces on a rack and place in oven, turning until golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream and milk in a saucepan and bring just to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Put egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and add the hot cream mixture, a ladleful at a time, beating briskly with wire whisk. Skim off any foam that accumulates on the surface.
- Put chocolate in a mixing bowl. Place bowl in a basin of simmering water and let stand until chocolate melts.
- Add egg yolk mixture, a little at a time, to chocolate, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
- In a baking dish measuring about 9 1/2 by 13 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches, arrange bread slices in two rows, the slices slightly overlapping. Pour chocolate mixture over bread. Let stand until some of the mixture is absorbed. Cover the bread pudding with clear plastic wrap and cover this with a rectangular dish that fits inside the baking dish. Add weights so the chocolate mixture barely covers all the bread and is absorbed by it. Let stand about an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove weights, rectangular dish and plastic wrap. Cover top with aluminum foil, not letting it touch the chocolate filling. Punch a few holes in the foil with a knife. Seal foil around edges.
- Place dish in a larger dish and pour boiling water around it. Bring this to a boil on top of stove. Place dish in its water bath in oven and bake about 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and on touch it springs back and the top has a slight glossy look. Serve warm, cut into squares with English custard on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1013, UnsaturatedFat 26 grams, Carbohydrate 77 grams, Fat 75 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 44 grams, Sodium 326 milligrams, Sugar 55 grams, TransFat 1 gram
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH KAHLUA CARAMEL SAUCE
Are you tired of serving the 'same old - same old' dessert to your family and friends? Then skip the cake and coffee tonight and serve up this delicious treat that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Old fashioned bread pudding gets a hip new update with chocolate, walnuts and Kahlua.
Provided by Feast Your Eyes
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Begin by buttering 12 small ramekins and dusting with granulated sugar.
- Bread Pudding:
- Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until steamy (DO NOT BOIL).
- Turn off the heat and add the chocolate, salt, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, walnuts and Kahlùa. Stir to mix.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with the 1/2 cup sugar. Pour into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the bread cubes.
- Transfer the pudding mixture to the ramekins (DO NOT OVER FILL - Fill just to the top) and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until nicely browned and set, about 30 minutes.
- Kahlùa Caramel Sauce:
- Combine sugar, water and cream of tartar in a small saucepan. DO NOT STIR. Bring the mixture to a boil; cook until the caramel browns. When the caramel is medium brown, remove from heat and add cream. Let simmer. Add Kahlua.
- To serve: Ladle some sauce onto each plate, unmold the ramekin, place the pudding on top of the sauce. Serve warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Cook's Tip: Other serving versions include serving the pudding warm and topped with a dab of whipped cream OR cold, topped with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate chips.
CHOCOLATE & SALTED CARAMEL WAFFLE BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING
Looking for a truly comforting dessert? Bake waffles in a rich, chocolatey custard, with salted caramel hiding underneath it!
Provided by Cassie Best
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Fill a large pan with a few centimetres of water and set over a medium heat. Set a large heatproof bowl over the pan - it should sit on top without touching the water. Break the chocolate into the bowl, then tip in the cream, milk, butter, caster sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Reduce the heat to low, and stir the mixture until everything has melted together and is glossy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Spread the caramel over the base of a baking dish (ours was 30 x 22cm), then sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Cut the waffles in half diagonally, then arrange over the caramel in overlapping rows.
- Pour the egg yolks into the warm chocolate mixture, mixing well as you do until all of the egg is fully incorporated. Carefully pour the chocolate custard over the waffles, ensuring they're fully covered. Leave to soak for at least 1 hr, or cover and chill overnight.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and uncover the dish if it has been chilled. Bake the pudding for 30 mins until the custard is set with a slight wobble in the centre. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then dust lightly with icing sugar, if you like, and scoop into bowls to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 718 calories, Fat 53 grams fat, SaturatedFat 29 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 39 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING
This is one of my favorite ways to use up my left-over bread. Since I live alone, a loaf of bread always lasts longer than it should. I always have the ingredients on hand too.
Provided by Redneck Epicurean
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Press sugar into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place bread on top of sugar tearing to fit. Drizzle bread with melted butter. Sprinkle with nuts and cinnamon.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over bread.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON-PECAN CARAMEL SAUCE
- FOR SAUCE:
- Stir sugar and water in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Mix in corn syrup and lemon juice. Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup turns deep amber, brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour in cream (mixture will bubble up). Stir over low heat until caramel is melted and smooth. Increase heat; boil until sauce is reduced to 1 2/3 cups, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in pecans and bourbon. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.)
- FOR PUDDING:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine milk, cream and sugar in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; stir until smooth. Beat eggs and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. Add bread cubes. Let stand until bread absorbs some of custard, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake until set in center, about 45 minutes. Uncover; cool at least 15 minutes.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature with warm sauce.
More about "chocolate caramel bread pudding recipes"
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - I AM BAKER
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Breakfast, DessertCalories 288 per serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar and Bolthouse Salted Caramel Latte until smooth.
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SALTED CARAMEL AND CHOCOLATE CHUNK BREAD PUDDING
CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 46 minsServings 6Calories 357 per serving
CHOCOLATE-CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - COUNTRY LIVING
Servings 14Total Time 1 hr 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 419 per serving
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL ROLOS - DESSERT FOR TWO
CARAMEL CROISSANT BREAD PUDDING - FIVEHEARTHOME
SALTED CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING – MODERN HONEY
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL CREAM SAUCE
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
KING’S WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING W/CARAMEL SAUCE
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - READERSDIGEST.CA
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - EGG FARMERS OF …
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
VIDEO: CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING | MARTHA STEWART
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING, BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - JIMMY'S
CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPES ALL YOU …
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE
CHALLAH BREAD PUDDING WITH CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL SAUCE
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING - RECIPELION.COM
CARAMEL CHOCOLATE COCONUT BREAD PUDDING - FLOUR DE LIZ
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING - EAGLE BRAND
CARNATION® | CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
WHITE CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL CHALLAH BREAD PUDDING
CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | ARIA COOKING
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING | RECIPE | DESSERTS, CHOCOLATE …
CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PUDDING DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH SALTED BOURBON CARAMEL …
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make caramel bread pudding?Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Stir in heavy cream and sea salt flakes until smooth. Pour glaze over caramel bread pudding. Serve warm. May top with fresh whipped cream.
How to bake chocolate bread pudding?Before you add ingredients and bake the chocolate bread pudding, cut up (or tear) the bread into 1-inch pieces and place the pieces in a single layer in a 9×13-inch greased baking pan. Toast the bread chunks for about 5 minutes at 350°F (or until the bread is slightly crispy). Toasting the bread will allow it to soak up all that custard goodness!
How long to bake salted caramel pudding?Drizzle the melted butter over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes (or until the internal temperature is 160°F). This Salted Caramel Glaze pairs perfectly with the chocolate flavor in the pudding. To make the glaze, mix together the confectioners’ sugar and the Bolthouse Salted Caramel Latte until smooth.
How do you make bread pudding without making it too sweet?This bread pudding is so rich that you don’t want it over-sweetened. Heat some cream and milk (or you can use half-and-half) then pour over the chocolate and mix it all together. You’ll have a very thinned out ganache. Let it cool down for a minute (so as not to cook the eggs), then add eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, + salt.