CHOCOLATE & GRAND MARNIER CAKE
I was running out of ideas on what to make for a friend for her upcoming 50th so I made this cake and she was ecstatic. I knew that after dinner she enjoyed a glass of milk with an ounce of Grand Marnier mixed in, so what better way to surprise her than with this decadent birthday cake? -Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontarior
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 8-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper., In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition., Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely., In a chilled large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until very cold., For filling, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice concentrate; let stand 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Heat and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 1/4 cup Grand Marnier and orange zest. Let filling stand at room temperature just until spreadable, stirring occasionally. (If mixture becomes too firm, warm in microwave to soften, about 10-15 seconds.), Meanwhile, using a long serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally in half. Brush layers with remaining Grand Marnier. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with one-third of the filling. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake layer., To frost cake, cut a hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag and insert #829 or other large star pastry tip. Gently stir whipped cream; spoon into bag and pipe onto top and sides of cake. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
GRAND MARNIER CAKE
Make and share this Grand Marnier Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tonkcats
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolks and 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier.
- Continue to beat. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour to mixture with sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Add orange rind, walnuts and stiff beaten egg whites.
- Butter and flour an angle food cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Spoon topping over baked cake while still in hot pan.
- Cool and invert onto serving plate.
GRAND MARNIER SOFT-CENTERED CHOCOLATE CAKE
A sheer delight for dessert lovers! This soft-centered cake will transport you to chocolate heaven with its perfect match of bitter chocolate and smooth, sweet Grand Marnier liqueur. These cakes maintain a crunchy texture on top while remaining gooey inside because they are baked fast at a high temperature. From the Grand Marnier website.
Provided by Spongebob Chefpants
Yield 6 cakes, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Add the melted chocolate and gently fold in the eggs being careful not to over mix.
- Add the flour, orange zest, and Grand Marnier.
- Pour the batter into individual moulds or ramekins and insert a square of chocolate into the middle of each cake.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Unmould the cakes onto plates and decorate with a spoonful of whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 688.6, Fat 53.1, SaturatedFat 31.9, Cholesterol 189.7, Sodium 222.6, Carbohydrate 49, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 40.7, Protein 11.4
CHOCOLATE ORANGE & GRAND MARNIER TRUFFLE CAKE
This naughty pudding is the perfect way to use up all those Christmas Chocolate Oranges. A definite winner
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line the base and sides of a 1kg loaf tin with cling film. Squeeze the juice from the orange and mix with 3 tbsp of the Grand Marnier. Cut away the bitter white pith from inside the orange shell, then cut the peel into fine strips and boil it in a covered pan with 300ml water for 20 mins until soft. Add the sugar, then simmer uncovered for a bit longer until you have a soft, sticky peel.
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of water, then take from the heat and beat in the butter and egg yolks, followed by the rest of the Grand Marnier.
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold their shape, then whip the cream until softly stiff. Fold both of them into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon 5 large tbsp of the chocolate mixture into the tin, then dip the finger biscuits in the orange and Grand Marnier mixture one by one and arrange over the chocolate layer - don't soak them too much or they will fall apart. Scatter over some of the sticky peel, then spoon on another 5 tbsp of the chocolate mixture.
- Carry on layering up the biscuits and chocolate mixture until you have 4 layers of biscuit, finishing with a chocolate layer. You should only need to use half the peel. Lightly cover with cling film and freeze until ready to serve. Freeze the remaining peel separately.
- To serve, take the cake and orange peel out of the freezer no more than 1 hr before serving and strip off the cling film. Top with whipped cream and the remaining peel, and scatter with the grated chocolate. Keep chilled until ready to eat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599 calories, Fat 45 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 41 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 33 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.32 milligram of sodium
More about "chocolate grand marnier cake recipes"
10 BEST CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4/5 (7)Servings 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 10-inch-diameter springform pan; line bottom with parchment paper round. Stir chocolate in metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl 2 minutes. Beat in egg yolks, Grand Marnier, orange peel, and vanilla. Stir in lukewarm chocolate. Add flour and salt; stir to blend. Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites in another large bowl until peaks form. Fold whites into chocolate mixture in 3 additions. Transfer batter to prepared springform pan.
- Bake cake until top is dry and cracked and tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack (top will fall slightly). DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool completely; cover and let stand at room temperature.
- Place chocolate and butter in medium metal bowl. Bring cream to boil in small saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Run thin knife around inside of cake pan; remove pan sides. Invert cake onto 10-inch removable tart pan bottom or cardboard round. Place on rack set in rimmed baking sheet. Remove cake pan bottom and parchment. Pour icing over cake and spread to cover top and sides (any icing that drips onto baking sheet can be reused). Chill until glaze sets, about 30 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome and chill. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
GRAND MARNIER POUND CAKE - MY1STWORDWASCHOCOLATE
CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER SAUCE | EMERILS.COM
GOLDEN GRAND MARNIER CAKE - UCOOK RECIPE
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPE HERE!
INDIVIDUAL GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE CAKES WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA GRAND MARNIER TORTE | BAKERS ROYALE
GRAND MARNIER CAKES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GRAND MARNIER - BIGOVEN
GRAND MARNIER MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES - BAKER BY NATURE
CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHOCOLATE & GRAND MARNIER CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GRAND MARNIER RECIPE
GRAND MARNIER CAKE – GIUNTA'S MEAT FARMS
NUTELLA GRAND MARNIER CAKE - COOKING WITH NONNA
CHOCOLATE & GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE. | CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE …
GRAND MARNIER FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE - LIFE FLAVORS
GRAND MARNIER MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES | PUNCHFORK
GRAND MARNIER GANACHE FROM ROSE'S HEAVENLY CAKES BY ROSE LEVY …
CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER CAKE | CHEF TECHNIQUES & RECIPES
BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GRAND MARNIER
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GRAND MARNIER - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHOCOLATE & GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
10 BEST CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER CAKE - THE RECIPE PLACE
JAMIE'S GRAND MARNIER CUPCAKES — THREE MANY COOKS
GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE CAKE - CHATELAINE
CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER MOUSSE CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES
ORANGE GRAND MARNIER CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE TORTE - CHATELAINE
RECIPE FOR GRAND MARNIER CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GRAND MARNIER CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE - FOOD …
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH GRAND MARNIER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GRAND MARNIER RECIPE
CHOCOLATE GRAND MARNIER SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE | RECIPE | SOUR …
GRAND MARNIER BUNDT RECIPE TO START THE YEAR | HUFFPOST LIFE
CHOCOLATE & GRAND MARNIER CAKE | RECIPE | GRAND MARNIER, …
RUDI’S RECIPES: GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love