KIDS CAN MAKE: OATMEAL-CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKES
These delightful treats have a soft, tender crumb that harks back to old-fashioned snack cakes from the grocery store. For little kids: Let them dump the ingredients into the mixing bowls, whisk together the dry ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips. For big kids: Let them measure out the ingredients, spray the baking pan with cooking spray and help spread the batter in the baking pan.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 snack cakes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with a foil strip long enough to overhang on 2 opposite sides. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Whisk the butter, egg, brown sugar and applesauce in a large bowl until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until barely mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake until the cake is light brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Use the foil overhang to lift the cake out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack. Invert onto a plate and peel the foil off. Re-invert the cake onto a cutting board, cut into 12 pieces and serve.
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL SNACK CAKE
I would make this for my daughters as an afterschool treat. It produces a moist, dense, delicious cake. Since it's baked in a 9x9 pan, there's not a whole lot of cake around to tempt me for too long! Make your own frosting or use store-bought. Or simply dust it powdered sugar!
Provided by HisPixie
Yield 1 cake, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium bowl, place the oats and the margarine.
- Pour the boiling water over the oats & margarine and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the oatmeal mixture and blend together.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture; stir well.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 cake pan and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely and frost.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.4, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 42.3, Sodium 364.7, Carbohydrate 47.5, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 30.3, Protein 4.8
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
- In large mixer bowl, mix butter, oats, flour, brown sugar, eggs, walnuts and vanilla.
- Beat 3 minutes at medium speed or until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Spread batter into 8" square microwave-safe dish; cover dish with wax paper.
- Cook on HIGH power 4 minutes; rotate dish 1/4 turn.
- Cook on HIGH power 4 to 5 minutes longer or until top of cake appears dry and bottom is an even color.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels over top of warm cake.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly over cake.
- Cool directly on countertop.
- Cut into serving pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5684.8, Fat 379.4, SaturatedFat 188, Cholesterol 911, Sodium 1579.1, Carbohydrate 572.7, Fiber 41.3, Sugar 401.2, Protein 72.3
CHOCOLATE SNACKING CAKE WITH TANGERINE GLAZE
This moist, darkly bittersweet snacking cake is easily mixed with a whisk. Using a neutral oil rather than butter allows the chocolate flavor to shine, and gives the crumb an especially velvety texture under a sweet-tart glaze. You can use any kind of orange for the topping. Tangerines and mandarins (including clementines) are bright and spicy, but regular navel or juice oranges work just as well. Or if you can find blood oranges, the glaze will take on a pinkish hue and a sweeter, richer flavor.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories snack, cakes, dessert
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-9-inch pan and line with parchment paper, letting the two long edges hang over the sides by at least 2 inches.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Or you can melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water on the stove, stirring well. Whisk in hot coffee.
- Whisk together flour mixture, coffee-chocolate mixture, brown sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla. Scrape into baking pan and smooth the top. Bake until the top is springy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely before glazing.
- When cake is cool, make the glaze: Whisk together tangerine zest, tangerine juice and lemon juice, then whisk in confectioners' sugar. Taste, and if it's too sweet, add another drop or two of lemon juice. Pour glaze onto cooled cake, and spread to the edges. Let glaze set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 234, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 129 milligrams, Sugar 24 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats and butter. Mix in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; add to cooled oat mixture and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and remove pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240.3 calories, Carbohydrate 38.4 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 317.1 mg, Sugar 26.9 g
CHOCOLATE OAT SNACK CAKE
A sprinkling of walnuts and chips tops this subtly sweet treat from Bonnie Spaulding, Litchfield, New Hampshire.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine water and oats; let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oat mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chips., Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 calories, Fat 18g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 241mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE
THIS is a moist delicious snack cake, so good that icing is not necessary. Sometimes my husband puts a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Either way, it always satisfies our sweet tooth. -Debi Peschka, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, beat water and butter until butter is melted. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture. Beat for 2 minutes. , Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 239mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE
This decadent dessert gets a little kick from coffee, which naturally enhances the cake's rich, chocolate flavor.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, stir oil, vinegar and vanilla until well mixed. Vigorously stir oil mixture and coffee into flour mixture about 1 minute or until well blended. Immediately pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 270 mg, Sugar 22 g, TransFat 0 g
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE CAKE
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except walnuts and chocolate chips. Beat for 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in walnuts and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Spread batter in 8-inch square microwave dish and cover with wax paper. Microwave on high for 8 minutes. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over cake and let stand 10 minutes then spread evenly over the cake and let cool.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
- In large mixing bowl, mix butter or margarine, flour, oats, brown sugar, eggs, walnuts, and vanilla. Beat 3 min at medium speed or until mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in one c Nestle Tollhouse Morsels. Spread batter in 8 in square microwave safe baking dish; cover dish w/ wax paper. Cook on high power 4 minutes, rotate 1/4 tun. Cook on high power 4-5 min longer or until top of cake appears dry and/or bottom of cake is an even color. Sprinkle remaining chocolate morsels over top of warm cake. Let stand 10 min, then spread chocolate evenly over cake. Cool directly on counter top. Cut into serving pieces.
More about "chocolate oatrage snack cake recipes"
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE : COOKINGRECIPESDAILY
CHOCOLATE CHIP SNACK CAKE - BAKE OR BREAK
FLORA'S RECIPE HIDEOUT: CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
CHOCOLATE OREO SNACK CAKE | THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
EASY CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE | CAKE | QUENCH MAGAZINE
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE | SNACK CAKE, CHOCOLATE MORSELS, …
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE | SHESPEAKS
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE - AMERICANRECIPES.EU
EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE - SIMPLE JOY
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE (MICROWAVE) - RECIPELINK.COM
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
OUR FAVORITE SNACKING CAKE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
RECIPES > CAKE > HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
RECIPE SOURCES: CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
CHOCOLATE SNACKING CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HEALTHY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL SNACK CAKE
ONE PAN CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE - EAT IN EAT OUT
BEST WALNUTS RECIPES: MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
THE WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE OATMEAL CAKE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
DESSERTS RECIPES | SHESPEAKS
ASTRAY RECIPES: CHOCOLATE OATRAGE SNACK CAKE
28 SNACK CAKE RECIPES | RECIPELAND
RECIPES > BAKED GOODS > HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BANANA SNACK …
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #desserts #eggs-dairy #microwave #potluck #kid-friendly #picnic #vegetarian #cakes #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #bar-cookies #grains #eggs #dietary #brown-bag #pasta-rice-and-grains #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings
2 chocolate cake: soft and delicious for a snack!456 views-03:40
Yummy NUTELLA Chocolate Cake Decorating Recipes | Best Chocolate Cake Hack Decorating | Mr.Chef56K views-03:38
Delicious Chocolate Cake Recipes | So Yummy Chocolate Cake Decorating Ideas | Easy Chocolate Cakes7.2M views-10:52
6 Chocolate Cake Recipes That Are Easy To Make At Home280K views-15:13
Copycat Suzy Q's Chocolate Snack Cake Recipe682 views-02:36
Creative Tasty Chocolate Cake Decorating Recipes | Perfect Chocolate Cake Recipes32K views-04:11
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make oatmeal chocolate cake?Add water to oatmeal and let stand for a few minutes. Once oats are soft, add oats/water mixture to the batter and mix well. Stir in half of the bag of chocolate chips (6 ounces). Pour into a greased or buttered rectangular 9×13 cake pan. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the rest of the bag of chocolate chips (6 ounces).
How to make a healthy double chocolate oatmeal snack cake?The baking powder and baking soda ensure your healthy double chocolate oatmeal snack cake rises well and has a perfect moist and fluffy texture. Although cinnamon might seem a bit strange for a chocolate cake… I just have the hardest time making anything with oats and not adding spices. Maybe you’re the same way??
How do you make this one Pan chocolate snack cake?This One Pan Chocolate Snack Cake is a really old recipe, tested and true, first created during WWII when rations were tight – you need no eggs or milk. The added bonus is it's made in just one pan with 9 simple pantry basics Preheat oven to 400ºF. In an ungreased 8x8-inch pan , add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
What is the best recipe to make a chocolate cake?Grease bottom and side of 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan with shortening; lightly flour. In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, stir oil, vinegar and vanilla until well mixed. Vigorously stir oil mixture and coffee into flour mixture about 1 minute or until well blended. Immediately pour into pan.