CHOP CHOP SALAD
The best part? The Caesar-ish Dressing, which is egg- and-dairy-free, but still creamy and flavorful enough to make you think you're eating a salad with a Caesar dressing.
Provided by Julie Mayfield
Yield 6-8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a food processor or blender combine all the dressing ingredients and puree. Add more oil if you want a thinner consistency.
- Place all the chopped salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. It's that easy!
- If you want to make the salad ahead of time, assemble everything except the avocado and dressing. Then stir in the avocado at the last minute and toss everything with the dressing.
- Try prosciutto instead of bacon. Or add some feta cheese (and reduce the amount of dressing).
BEVERLY HILLS CHOPPED SALAD
- Add the tomatoes, iceberg, romaine, chickpeas, salami and mozzarella to a large salad bowl.
- Add the olive oil, Parmesan, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a measuring cup or mason jar. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
CHOP CHOP SALAD
- For the base herb vinaigrette: Pour the vinegar into a mixing bowl. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Once the vinaigrette is emulsified, stir in the parsley, chives, salt and pepper.
- For the sweet Dijon vinaigrette: Whisk the mustard and honey into the base herb vinaigrette.
- For the chop chop layered salad: Pour the sweet Dijon vinaigrette into a large, clear bowl.
- Top the vinaigrette with the quinoa. Sprinkle the green cabbage ribbons on top of the quinoa in an even layer. Layer the corn on top of the cabbage. Follow with a layer of crumbled bacon. Arrange the tomatoes in a tall mound in the center of the bacon. Surround the mound with the salad greens. Sprinkle the salad with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Working up from the bottom, gently toss the layers of the salad to coat all components in the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Blend 1/3 cup feta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon each lemon juice, water and dill, 1 small grated garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste in a mini food processor. Toss with 1 chopped romaine heart, 1 small chopped cucumber, 5 chopped radishes, 1 drained can chickpeas, 2 chopped celery stalks, and 1/3 cup each thawed frozen peas and toasted sliced almonds. Season with salt and pepper.
NIPPY PORK SALAD
- Mix the pork, celery, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Combine the mustard, creamy salad dressing, horseradish, hot pepper sauce, and salt in blender. Blend to make a saucy dressing, about 1 minute. Lightly toss the dressing with the pork mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.4 calories, Carbohydrate 3.3 g, Cholesterol 60.7 mg, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 21.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 390.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
SUPER ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD
Antipasto ingredients are sliced and diced to make this substantial chop salad. I like to buy sliced meat from the deli and chop it all up so you can get a bit of everything in each bite. -Kim Molina, Duarte, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoncini, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 calories, Fat 13g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 444mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
PALOMINO CHOP CHOP SALAD
My favorite entree salad, from Palomino's Restaurants. This is attributed to Palomino Chef Gail Tronnes. Scoured to find this version, posted in the travel section of a university web site.
Provided by deborahk
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make dressing in a mixing bowl. Whisk egg yolks for 2-3 minutes, then add vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk 2-3 minutes. Slowly add oil to emulsify. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine greens, basil, provolone, garbanzos, salami in a bowl; add ½ cup dressing. Toss to combine. Add parmesan, turkey, and toss.
- Place salad on plate; top with tomato. Serve with pepper mill. The restaurant offers this as 1 large serving but with crusty bread and a cold drink it is a very nice dinner for 2. Also great side for 4-6 servings.
A good chopped salad is a buoyant mix of different textures (creamy, crisp, crunchy, juicy), a range of colors, and sweet, salty and tangy flavors. This one has it all, in just the right proportions. You can gather all the ingredients in advance, including cooking the bacon and the eggs. But don't toss everything together until just before serving - and, preferably, do so at the table for maximum impact.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the dressing: Zest the lemon into a small bowl, then halve the naked lemon and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Whisk in oil and season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Put the romaine into a large bowl, then top with tomatoes, bacon, cucumber, blue cheese and scallions. Drizzle in about two thirds of the dressing, then toss until well coated.
- Place sliced avocado and eggs on top of salad, and season lightly with salt and pepper (especially the avocado, which can take a lot of salt). Drizzle salad with remaining dressing, and serve.
CHOPPED GREEK SALAD
While living in San Diego during college, I had a favorite Greek casual dining spot. Now that I'm back in my hometown, I've re-created some dishes from the Greek diner and it takes me right back. -Jennifer Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 617mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PORTILLO'S CHOPPED SALAD (KINDA LIKE)
Portillo's is a Chicago institution, a hot dog stand that was started in 1963 by Dick Portillo's in a small trailer with no running water, and has now grown to 47 locations. Their chopped salad is famous. The Italian Dressing is from the Chicago Sun-Times. It is similar to the dressing found on salads at Portillo's and Maggiano's restaurants. Tip: If you make the dressing ahead of time and add a little bit to the cooled pasta and let it soak it up in the refrigerator for added flavor. Also, I believe chopped grilled chicken is in the original recipe.
Provided by gailanng
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To Make the Sweet Italian Dressing: Place vinegar, garlic, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper in a blender. While the machine is running, slowly drizzle olive oil through the blender top or feed tube until dressing is combined and emulsified. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- To Make The Chopped Salad: Cook ditalini pasta according to package instructions. Drain and cool. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until done. Let bacon cool, then crumble it.
- Combine romaine, iceberg, red cabbage, tomatoes and green onions in large salad bowl.
- Add cooled pasta, bacon and gorgonzola cheese to salad.
- Add dressing to taste right before serving so that it doesn't get soggy.
More about "chop chop salad recipes"
15+ BEST CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Author Alex Loh
CHOP5 SALAD KITCHEN - 47 PHOTOS & 43 REVIEWS - SALAD - 4498 …
Location 4498 N Alafaya Trl Ste 352 Orlando, FL 32826
CHOPPED SALAD SALAD RECIPES WITH CHICKEN - HOW TO COOK …
THE BEST CLASSIC CHOPPED SALAD - NUTRITIOUS EATS
COPYCAT PORTILLO'S CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE …
CHOPPED SALAD (FROM CUCINA! CUCINA! RESTAURANT) RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE RUTH'S CHRIS STEAKHOUSE GREAT CHOPPED …
15+ EASY CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
15 HEALTHY CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES THAT ARE ANYTHING BUT …
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CHOP CHOP SALAD | EPICURE.COM
GREEN GODDESS SALAD | VIRAL TIKTOK RECIPE - FEELGOODFOODIE
ASIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CHOPPED WEDGE SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
RECIPE: CHOPPED SALAD - STYLE AT HOME
COPYCAT PORTILLO'S CHOPPED SALAD - THE RECIPE CRITIC
BEST ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
MEXICAN CHOPPED SALAD - THIS FARM GIRL COOKS
CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST CHOP HOUSE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
ITALIAN CHOP SALAD WITH PEPERONCINI VINAIGRETTE - THE DEFINED DISH
20 SIMPLE CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES TO MAKE FOR LUNCH THIS WEEK
20 BEST CHOPPED SALAD RECIPES TO ENJOY - INSANELY GOOD
15 CRUNCHY CABBAGE SALADS ARE THE SEASON'S BEST SIDES
VEGETARIAN ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD - COOKIE AND KATE
GRILLED PORK CHOPS AND LEMON PARMESAN SALAD | RICARDO
CHOPPED SALAD WITH PRESERVED LEMON DRESSING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SIMPLE CHOPPED SALAD | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A BETTER CHOPPED SALAD THAN YOU CAN BUY
ITALIAN CHOP CHOP SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
THE BEST CHOPPED CHICKEN SALAD - AVERIE COOKS
FAVORITE CHOPPED SALAD (THE PERFECT SIDE DISH!) – A COUPLE COOKS
MEXICAN CHOPPED SALAD - FEELGOODFOODIE
ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
DILL PICKLE CHOPPED SALAD (COSTCO COPYCAT TAYLOR FARMS)
10 BEST PORK CHOP SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOP CHOP SALAD WITH CHICKPEA CROUTONS - GLOW BY MARLOWE
MANGO CUCUMBER CHOPPED SALAD - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
#time-to-make #course #preparation #salads #easy #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a healthy chopped salad recipe?This healthy chopped salad recipe starts with bulgur and ends with homemade olive dressing and crumbles of feta cheese. In between, mix in fresh veggies like cauliflower, chicories, and chopped celery. To make this salad super enticing, layer the ingredients in a trifle bowl so you can see each veggie. Prepare for an explosion of flavor!
How do you make a chop chop layered salad?For the chop chop layered salad: Pour the sweet Dijon vinaigrette into a large, clear bowl. Top the vinaigrette with the quinoa. Sprinkle the green cabbage ribbons on top of the quinoa in an even layer. Layer the corn on top of the cabbage. Follow with a layer of crumbled bacon. Arrange the tomatoes in a tall mound in the center of the bacon.
How do you make salad dressing at home?In a food processor or blender combine all the dressing ingredients and puree. Add more oil if you want a thinner consistency. Place all the chopped salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. It’s that easy!
What vegetables are in a chopped salad?This easy chopped salad recipe is loaded with greens such as spinach, cucumbers, broccoli, green beans, and edamame. That's a ton of veggies, but they're so tasty, especially with a fresh herb dressing. You'll get a generous helping of vitamins A and K here as well as calcium.