CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE
Simon Rimmer's one-pot stew of chicken thighs, chorizo and chickpeas is full of flavour and quick to prepare. A real winter warmer!
Provided by Simon Rimmer
Categories Main course
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat half of the vegetable oil in a large pan. Add the chicken thighs and fry, turning frequently, until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a little more oil to the pan, then add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery and chilli and cook for five minutes. Add a splash of red wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Add the sherry and cook until the chorizo is crisp. Set aside.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes to the pan with the vegetables and bring to the boil. Cook for five minutes, then add the stock and bring back to the boil.
- Add the browned chicken, the chickpeas and crisp chorizo and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PASTA BAKE
Not a recipe for people on a diet - chicken, sausage, and penne is baked in a creamy tomato sauce. I cook the meats, pasta, and sauce all at the same time, but it can be done individually and refrigerated before baking it in the oven.
Provided by Simon Wraight
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pasta Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook until firm and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the bell pepper and chorizo and cook for 5 minutes until the chorizo is hot and the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat.
- Pour the tomato puree, cream, and red pepper flakes into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Add drained pasta and sauce to the skillet containing the chicken and mix well. Spoon the mixture into an oven proof dish. Sprinkle the Cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 885.2 calories, Carbohydrate 62.3 g, Cholesterol 215.5 mg, Fat 36.5 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 74.2 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 954.9 mg, Sugar 7 g
POTATO AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE
I love the smoky flavor chorizo gives this dish, but I've also made it with Italian sausage and substituted an Italian blend cheese for the Mexican cheese. Or you can use cream of mushroom soup and fresh mushrooms for a vegetarian option. -Ana Beteta, Aberdeen, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles, 5-7 minutes; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the hash browns, soup, cheeses, onion, peppers and pepper flakes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with panko., Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Fat 20g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 611mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
CHICKEN & CHORIZO RAGU
Serve this delicious chicken and chorizo ragu over rice or pasta as an easy midweek dinner for the family. You can freeze any leftovers for another day
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Fry the chorizo over a medium heat in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish for 5 mins or until it releases its oil and starts to char at the edges. Add the onion and fry for 5 mins more or until soft. Tip in the garlic and cook for 2 mins before stirring in the paprika and sundried tomatoes. Add the chicken thighs and fry for 2 mins each side until they are well coated in the spices and beginning to brown.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock, and turn the heat down. Cover and cook for 40 mins until the chicken is falling apart and the sauce is thick. Stir the lemon juice through. Serve by piling spoonfuls of the ragu into hot jacket potatoes with parsley sprinkled over and a dollop of soured cream, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
CHORIZO & CHICKEN CASSEROLE
This all came about because my Sister Introduced me to a locally made Chorizo from a mercado (market) in the barrio across the river. I started useing it in every recipe I could think of. Then I started inventing recipes I could use this wonderful chorizo in. This is my first "new" recipe. It turned out pretty good, all false modesty aside. The times are, of course, a guess.
Provided by Pierre Dance
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat frying pan over med-high heat.
- Brown and crumble Chorizo.
- Set aside.
- Brown Chicken.
- Set aside.
- Saute (stir fry) Onion, Bell Pepper, and Celery'til Onions are translucent.
- Combine Rotini, Chorizo, Chicken, Onion mixture, Sour Cream/Yogurt Cheese, Cream of Chicken Soup, and Milk-Egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into un-greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- (If you wish to freeze for later use, cool, divide into serving sized portions in sandwich size ziplock freezer bags at this time. To serve, thaw, add Parmesan, heat).
- To serve immediately, cover with Parmesan.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Let rest 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1634.4, Fat 122, SaturatedFat 48.5, Cholesterol 342.5, Sodium 3550.8, Carbohydrate 46.8, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.6, Protein 83.1
CHORIZO AND CHICKEN CASSEROLE - OVEN OR SLOW COOKER
chunky chicken cooked slowly in tomatoes sauce with fiery chorizo. the hotter the butter. serve with buttery mash or pasta. as with any casserole, this tastes better the next day... I have made this in both the oven and slow cooker and both are just as good.
Provided by ashwebster
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Fry garlic with bacon and chicken on a high heat so that chicken is browned on both sides. No need to cook the meat completely.Place into slow cooker or oven proof casserole dish.
- Fry chorizo in same frying pan on high heat so the meat becomes slightly crispy. Place into slow cooker or oven proof casserole dish. Try to retain juices.
- In the original pan and juices, fry the carrot and onion on a high heat for a few minutes until starting to soften. Don't cook the vegetables completely.
- Add red wine OR chicken stock and boil, stirring vigoursly for a few minutes.
- Place into slow cooker or oven proof casserole dish with chicken/chorizo and the rest of ingredients and cook on low for 4-6 hours. this will depend on your slow cooker. If using the oven, use gas mark 2 for 4-6 hours.
- Take out and leave to stand for a couple of hours to allow the flavours and consistency to settle. re-heat and serve with mash. any leftover sauce can be scooped up with fresh buttered bread, especially when you've run out of mash.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605.6, Fat 40.2, SaturatedFat 13.6, Cholesterol 138.2, Sodium 976.6, Carbohydrate 19.1, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 6.3, Protein 35.7
More about "chorizo chicken casserole recipes"
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE | CASSEROLE RECIPES - RED …
Servings 1-4Total Time 1 hr 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
- In batches, brown the chicken on both sides leaving the meat until cooked and remove to a plate.
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE | EVERYDAY COOKS
Cuisine EuropeanCategory DinnerServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Chop the pepper into 1cm pieces, discarding the seeds and pith. If necessary, chop the chorizo into 2cm pieces
- Add the chorizo. Turn the heat down to MEDIUM and cook for 8-10 minutes turning occasionallyIf the pepper starts to burn, turn the heat down a little
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE - THE FED UP FOODIE
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 8Calories 555 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350℉.Heat a 13 inch or larger cast iron skillet or oven safe stainless steel frying pan over medium high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add chorizo and cook breaking apart the meat with a spatula. Once chorizo is cooked fully (about 10 mins) remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the chorizo drippings add the remaining tbsp of oil. Sear chicken thighs skin side down over the same heat, about 4 mins.
- To the chicken and chorizo drippings add the diced onion and bell pepper. Sauté until sweating and slightly tender, about 5-7 minutes.
CHORIZO RECIPE WITH CHEESY BAKED CHICKEN | LOW CARB …
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE - INA PAARMAN
ONE PAN SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE (ARROZ CON …
CHICKEN & CHORIZO CASSEROLE - SLOW COOKER OR OVEN
10 BEST CHORIZO AND CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND CHICKPEA CASSEROLE - ELIZABETH …
EASY SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE RECIPE
HOMEMADE CHICKEN CHORIZO | ONCE A MONTH MEALS
CHICKEN CHORIZO RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO - A SAUCY KITCHEN
27 BEST CHORIZO RECIPE IDEAS | WHAT TO MAKE WITH CHORIZO
30 EASY CHORIZO RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO RECIPES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
EASY CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE - WAITROSE
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE - SLOW COOKER SUNDAYS
CHORIZO TORTILLA CASSEROLE - EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL - SAVORY SIMPLE
CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND TOMATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYFOODBOOK
ONE-PAN CHICKEN AND CHORIZO WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
CHICKEN CHORIZO CASSEROLE (PALEO, WHOLE30) - THE CURIOUS COCONUT
CHEESY CHORIZO BAKED CHICKEN - COOKS WELL WITH OTHERS
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE - RECIPES
GREEN CHILE CHORIZO AND CHICKEN MEXICAN CASSEROLE
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW - EASY SLOW COOKER RECIPE - TAMING TWINS
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE RECIPE
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO TRAY BAKE RECIPE - TAMING TWINS
CHICKEN AND RICE WITH FRESH CHORIZO RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
ONE-POT SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE - THE SPANISH …
CHICKEN & CHORIZO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
10 BEST CHORIZO CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN CHORIZO AND COURGETTE CASSEROLE - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
EASY CHICKEN AND CHORIZO RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
SLOW COOKER CHORIZO : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE - REAL RECIPES FROM MUMS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love