TO DIE FOR FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
This is a recipe that I created by modifying my mother's recipe. My boyfriend is a fettuccine Alfredo connoisseur and he scrapes the pan every time! I get nothing but rave reviews when I make this dish. I must warn you, this recipe is not for the health conscious. Enjoy!
Provided by ERINMARIE
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 964.3 calories, Carbohydrate 84 g, Cholesterol 184.2 mg, Fat 61.2 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 37.4 g, Sodium 581.6 mg, Sugar 4 g
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan or skillet over low heat, warm the butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Place half of the Parmesan into a large serving bowl. Pour the warm butter/cream mixture over the top. Drain the pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl. Toss a couple of times, and then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary. Serve immediately as a main course or accompaniment to meat or salad. Delicious!
Giada De Laurentiis' take on Fettuccine Alfredo, from Everyday Italian on Food Network, gets added flavor from lemon and nutmeg.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain. Stir 2 cups of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
Put a pot of water on to boil, then stir the white sauce together as the pasta is cooking. It's just that easy to create a rich and satisfying dinner in just 25 minutes. This top-rated recipe is a home cook favorite-try it tonight and find out why.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat butter and whipping cream over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, toss fettuccine with sauce until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Fat 7, Fiber 2 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 24 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1020 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO V
The absolute best Alfredo sauce. You do not want to use a grated parmesan that you buy on a shelf. When you cook with that type, your Alfredo goes from a sauce to a gooey mess. You want to buy a very good and very hard parmesan in triangle form. Also, make sure the cream doesn't boil too much or there will not be enough liquid to make the Alfredo sauce smooth.
Provided by Greg
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettucine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and add the chopped garlic. Cook on low for about 5 minutes, stirring often, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of the heavy cream into a small bowl. Add the egg yolk and beat together; put aside. Pour the remaining cream into the frying pan. Increase the heat to medium-high. As the cream starts to boil, mix rapidly using a whisk. Slowly add the cream/egg mixture. You do not want the egg to curdle. Continue whisking until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and continue to mix the cream. Pour in the remaining Parmesan and the parsley, mix until smooth. Immediately remove from stove. Serve over cooked pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 854.3 calories, Carbohydrate 55.9 g, Cholesterol 230.9 mg, Fat 59.4 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 35.9 g, Sodium 806.8 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
ELAINE'S FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
This recipe came to The Times in a 2004 article about Elaine Kaufman, the founder and proprietress of the famed New York restaurant and celebrity hot spot that bore her name and where this dish was served. There is nothing fancy or complicated about it - it's glorified macaroni and cheese, really - but it is delicious and deeply satisfying. (Fun fact: Jackie O was a fan.)
Provided by Alex Witchel
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring 6 quarts generously salted water to a boil.
- While the water heats, melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute until fragrant and sizzling, about 2 minutes. Whisk the cream with the egg yolk in a bowl until blended; pour into the garlic butter. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir until hot but not boiling. Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, partially covered, until al dente. (The pasta will float when it's done.) Drain in a colander, shaking out excess water, but reserve a little cooking water. Pour hot pasta into the cream mixture and toss to coat (still over low heat). Add the cheese and keep tossing gently until cream is mostly absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. If sauce is absorbed too much, toss with a little pasta water. Serve in warm bowls.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 542, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 44 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 378 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Hankering for a comforting bowl of pasta in creamy sauce? This sumptuous Italian dish is for you. It takes just 25 minutes so it's an easy midweek meal
Provided by Orlando Murrin
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium saucepan, stir the clotted cream, butter and cornflour over a low-ish heat and bring to a low simmer. Turn off the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the cheese and nutmeg in a small bowl and add a good grinding of black pepper, then stir everything together (don't add any salt at this stage).
- Put the pasta in another pan with 2 tsp salt, pour over some boiling water and cook following pack instructions (usually 3-4 mins). When cooked, scoop some of the cooking water into a heatproof jug or mug and drain the pasta, but not too thoroughly.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the clotted cream mixture, then sprinkle over the cheese and gently fold everything together over a low heat using a rubber spatula. When combined, splash in 3 tbsp of the cooking water. At first, the pasta will look wet and sloppy: keep stirring until the water is absorbed and the sauce is glossy. Check the seasoning before transferring to heated bowls. Sprinkle over some chives or parsley, then serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 898 calories, Fat 67 grams fat, SaturatedFat 41 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 49 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
HOMEMADE FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
This easy Alfredo sauce is creamy, comforting and coats fettuccine noodles in fine fashion. This recipe is wonderful as is, but sometimes I like to add sliced fresh mushrooms and black olives that have been sautéed in butter and garlic. -Jo Gray, Park City, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/4 cup cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil). Drain fettuccine; combine with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 907 calories, Fat 73g fat (45g saturated fat), Cholesterol 290mg cholesterol, Sodium 835mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
This marvelous recipe is one I got off this newsgroup some months back, but am reposting for the Alfredo request since I have no idea if the original poster is still around to see the new request. Since it isn't mine, I've also included the original poster's notes and attribution. Yummy stuff! Introduction: This is the real thing. You will not find a better Fettuccine Alfredo other than at Alfredo's in Rome, Italy. The secret to his sauce is in the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (don't even try this recipe without it), the balance of the pepper and nutmeg. For some reason restaurants never get it right. Be warned that the sauce is heavy. This recipe serves 2. Recipe by Ricardo Batista Fettuccine Alfredo
Provided by Naomi Schoenfeld1
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Grate the cheese, black pepper and nutmeg if you need to.
- Put 4 quarts of water to boil.
- Cooking: Set small frying pan in mid-high heat. Add the butter and the cream to the frying pan and mix well.
- Stir the sauce frequently and add the black pepper, salt and nutmeg, boil and stir frequently until the sauce becomes heavier, then reduce the heat. Add the pasta to the boiling water along with some salt and cook to your liking.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Add the grated cheese to the sauce and pasta, and mix until the cheese is absorbed by the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1344.1, Fat 74.8, SaturatedFat 44.3, Cholesterol 396.3, Sodium 813.5, Carbohydrate 129.1, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 39.7
CHICKEN ALFREDO WITH FETTUCCINE
This classic Italian dish includes fettuccine tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese, and it's quick and easy to make. U.S. versions of the dish may include chicken or shrimp. Whatever your choice, with three simple steps in our chicken alfredo recipe, you'll have a hearty dinner on the table in no time!
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut chicken in strips. Season with salt and white pepper and saute in butter. Meanwhile in a separate pot, simmer garlic cloves in cream for 10 minutes.
- Pour cream into pan with chicken, removing garlic cloves. Stir in Parmesan. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve with extra Parmesan.
BEST EVER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add fettucine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente and drain Melt butter in a large skillet and add chopped garlic.
- Cook on low for about 5 minutes, stirring often, making sure not to burn the garlic Pour about 1/4 cup of the heavy cream into a small bow.
- Add the egg yolk and beat together and put aside.
- Pour the remaining cream into the frying pan.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- As the cream starts to boil, mix rapidly using a whisk.
- Slowly add the cream/egg mixture.
- You do not want the egg to cook.
- Continue beating the cream mixture until all mixed together.
- Add 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and continue to mix the cream.
- Pour in remaining Parmesan and parsley and mix until smooth.
- Immediately remove from stove.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 855.9, Fat 62.1, SaturatedFat 37.5, Cholesterol 287.4, Sodium 975.1, Carbohydrate 45.7, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.6, Protein 30
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and Parmesan until creamy. Season with a pinch of pepper.
- Cook fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water, according to package instructions, until al dente, about 12 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup of cooking water; drain pasta.
- Add fettuccine to mixer. Toss pasta with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cheese mixture, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add more pasta water as needed. Serve with additional cheese.
More about "fettuccine alfredo recipes"
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
5/5 (34)Category Vegetarian, Birthday, Dinner Party, Dinner
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | RICARDO
5/5 (77)Calories 715 per servingCategory Main Dishes
CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | RICARDO
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (THE BEST EVER! SO EASY TOO!) — SALT & BAKER
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
GOLDIE HAWN'S FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
ROMAN-STYLE FETTUCCINE WITH ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO: DINNERS IN A DASH | CAMILA MADE
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - ERREN'S KITCHEN
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPES (30 MINUTES!)
CLASSIC FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE ORIGINAL FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
CLASSIC FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SIMPLE FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | WILLIAMS SONOMA
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - CATELLI PASTA RECIPES
BEST EASY CREAMY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
SKINNY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - DAMN DELICIOUS
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - LIDIA
HOMEMADE FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - AHEAD OF THYME
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - THE DARING GOURMET
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - MADE IN 15 MINUTES (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO + VIDEO WITH THE BEST SAUCE! (HOW TO MAKE …
I TRIED FOUR POPULAR FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPES AND FOUND THE …
PORK ALFREDO PASTA - THERESCIPES.INFO
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO – MODERN HONEY
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (RESTAURANT-STYLE) - ALYONA’S COOKING
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - SPEND WITH PENNIES
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | RECIPETIN EATS
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
RONZONI | FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #pasta #european #italian #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love