CINNAMON-HONEY DOUGHNUTS WITH RASPBERRY JAM
- In a medium bowl, combine yeast with warm water, and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in honey, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, egg, milk, and corn oil. Using a wooden spoon, stir in salt and flour. Mix until dough appears smooth.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and set in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and another one with paper towels; set aside.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface, and knead four to five times. Roll dough into a 10-inch square, about 1/4 inch thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 2 1/2-by-2 1/2-inch squares, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly cover with plastic; let rest in a warm place 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat peanut oil until a deep-frying thermometer registers 360 degrees. Working in batches of five or six, fry doughnuts until golden brown on both sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain. Fry remaining doughnuts.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss the doughnuts lightly in cinnamon sugar.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a #4 tip with jam. Using a wooden skewer or toothpick, make a hole in the side of each doughnut. Fit the pastry tip into a hole; pipe about 1 tablespoon jam into doughnut. Repeat with remaining doughnuts. Toss filled doughnuts in cinnamon sugar again, if desired. Serve immediately.
HOMEMADE DOUGHNUTS WITH CINNAMON SUGAR AND CRANBERRY JAM
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield about 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yeast and the water. Set aside to "proof".
- After 10 minutes, stir in the 1 cup of all-purpose flour, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar for 8 to 10 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time. When the mixture is smooth, stir in the vanilla and salt. Add the bread flour and mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the yeast mixture until thoroughly incorporated. Put the dough into an oiled bowl and allow to proof for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. In a medium bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and the ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Lightly flour a cool work surface and roll the dough out to about 1 1/2-inch thickness. Cut the dough with a round 3-inch cutter and turn them onto a floured baking sheet to rest, about 20 to 30 minutes, before frying.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot to 365 to 370 degrees F. Drop the dough rounds, in batches, into the hot oil and cook until golden brown on 1 side. Using a slotted spoon, turn the dough rounds on the second side and cook until golden brown. Remove them from the oil to paper towels to remove any excess oil. Roll the doughnuts in the cinnamon sugar and arrange on a serving platter. Serve immediately with the Cranberry Jam for dipping.
- In a medium pot, add the cranberries, sugar, water and the 1/2 cup of orange juice. Stir to blend and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and add the cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg. Stir to blend and simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes. Some of the cranberries will burst and some will remain whole. Stir in the orange zest and orange juice and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm with the doughnuts.
- Place yeast and 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons buttermilk in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add powdered milk and 2 cups flour. Let stand 3 minutes. Using paddle attachment, mix on low speed 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium high; mix until dough is smooth and comes together, 2 to 3 minutes; the dough will be very sticky.
- Sift an even layer of flour onto a clean work surface. Turn out dough, and gather into a ball. Clean and lightly oil mixer bowl. Transfer dough to oiled bowl; cover with plastic. Set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add remaining 5 tablespoons buttermilk, remaining 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, salt, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, and 8 egg yolks to yeast mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined, about 2 minutes. Increase speed to medium; beat until fully incorporated, about 3 minutes. Add 5 more egg yolks; mix on low speed 30 seconds. Increase speed to high, and beat 1 minute; dough will be very sticky.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Sift a heavy coat of flour onto a clean work surface. Turn out dough. Sift another heavy layer of flour over dough. Gather dough into a smooth ball. Place in oiled bowl, cover, and set aside until doubled in size again, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a low-sided six-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until a deep-frying thermometer registers 375 degrees. Lightly flour two baking pans, and line another one with paper towels; set pans aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining 2 egg yolks; cover with plastic. Place jam in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Set both aside.
- Turn out dough onto a heavily floured work surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Working quickly, roll one piece of dough, stretching as you roll, into a 12- by-14-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Using the dull side of a 2 1/4-inch round doughnut cutter, score 15 circles, spaced 1/4 inch apart. Using a pastry brush, brush each marked circle with beaten egg. Place 1 teaspoon jam in middle of each circle.
- Roll out the second piece of dough as the first. Carefully roll dough around the rolling pin, and, lining up edges, unroll it directly over first. Using dull side of a 1 1/2-inch round doughnut cutter, gently press around each mound, sealing layers, being careful not to cut through dough. Using sharp side of a 2 1/4- inch-round cutter, cut out doughnuts, being careful to keep jelly centered and dipping cutter in flour before each cut. Transfer doughnuts to a floured pan. Using a 1-inch round cutter, cut holes out of remaining scraps; transfer holes to other floured pan. Allow doughnuts and holes to rest 15 minutes.
- Working in batches of four, carefully transfer doughnuts to oil. Cook until golden on bottoms, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, turn doughnuts over, and cook until golden all over, 2 minutes more. Transfer doughnuts to the lined baking pan. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and holes.
- When doughnuts and holes have cooled, roll in sugar, and serve.
RASPBERRY JAM DOUGHNUTS
Take your baking skills to new levels by making your own jam-filled doughnuts. Decorate with pink icing and freeze-dried raspberries for the wow factor
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 20
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the split vanilla pod. Slowly bring to a simmer and once it begins to steam, remove from the heat and pour into a measuring jug. If it has reduced, top up to 130ml with extra milk, then leave to cool until tepid.
- Put the flour into the large bowl of a stand mixer. Stir through the sugar, salt and yeast. Using the hook attachment for your mixer, begin combining the dry ingredients, then add the vanilla-infused milk and eggs. Keep mixing for 10 mins until you have a smooth, elastic dough. Scoop small spoonfuls of the softened butter and gradually add to the dough. When all the butter has been added, continue mixing for a further 5-6 mins or until it is well incorporated and the dough is sticky and stretchy.
- Lightly oil a large mixing bowl, put the dough in the bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal-sized pieces (if you want to weigh them, they should be around 45g each). Roll the dough into balls and place them, well spaced apart, on two lightly oiled baking sheets. Cover with lightly oiled baking parchment, or a light tea towel (if it's too heavy, it will keep the dough from rising) and leave for a further 1 hr 30 mins or until doubled in size.
- Fill a large heavy-based saucepan two-thirds full with oil and place over a low-medium heat, bringing the temperature up to 170C. Use a cooking thermometer to check, then carefully lift each doughnut and gently lower into the oil to fry in batches of about 5 at a time. Cook each batch for 5 mins, turning halfway, until the doughnuts are dark golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a baking tray lined with kitchen paper. Leave to cool completely.
- Spoon the raspberry jam into a piping bag without a nozzle and snip a very small hole in the end. Use a skewer to poke a hole in the side of each doughnut, then push the end of the piping bag into each hole and pipe in a little of the jam. Set aside.
- For the icing, mix together the icing sugar and 4 tbsp water, then a drop or two of the food colouring to make it pale pink. Drop a dessert-spoonful of the icing on top of each doughnut, then use a palette knife to spread and even out the icing. Sprinkle each one with the freeze-dried raspberries, if you like. Will keep in an airtight container for up to two days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 53 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 34 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
More about "cinnamon honey doughnuts with raspberry jam recipes"
JAM-FILLED CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS - SUGAR SALT …
RASPBERRY DOUGHNUTS - VEENA AZMANOV
EASY HOMEMADE JELLY DONUTS - A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN®
HOMEMADE RASPBERRY JAM USING HONEY - THE KITCHEN …
SWEET RASPBERRY CINNAMON DOUGHNUTS - CROFTER'S …
RASPBERRY, GINGER AND CINNAMON JAM | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
CINNAMON DOUGHNUTS RECIPE VIDEO - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BAKED CINNAMON AND JAM DOUGHNUTS RECIPE | NEW IDEA …
6 HOMEMADE DOUGHNUT RECIPES USING HONEY
CINNAMON HONEY DOUGHNUTS WITH RASPBERRY JAM-ID#289486- BY …
RASPBERRY JAM | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
RASPBERRY FILLED DONUTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
VEGAN RASPBERRY JAM DOUGHNUTS WITH CARDAMOM SUGAR - GOOD …
RASPBERRY JAM DONUTS WITH VANILLA SUGAR @ TOTALLYCHEFS
DOUGHNUT HOLES WITH RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
RASPBERRY JAM FILLED DOUGHNUTS - THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER
SUPER SOFT RASPBERRY JAM DOUGHNUTS - JUSTSOYUM
MINI CINNAMON DONUTS FILLED WITH RASPBERRY JAM — EVERYDAY …
CINNAMON-HONEY DOUGHNUTS WITH RASPBERRY JAM | RECIPE
RASPBERRY JAM | BEE MAID HONEY LTD.
HONEY & JAM | RECIPES + PHOTOS: BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR …
CINNAMON DOUGHNUTS WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE - EVERYDAY GOURMET
CINNAMON-HONEY DOUGHNUTS WITH RASPBERRY JAM | RECIPE …
DOUGHNUTS FILLED WITH HOMEMADE BERRY JAM AND GLAZED - RITZY …
MULTICOOK & STIR MINI CINNAMON DONUTS FILLED WITH RASPBERRY JAM …
RASPBERRY JELLY DOUGHNUTS - FOOD NETWORK
RASPBERRY JAM FILLED DONUTS - DELISHABLY
EASY JAM DOUGHNUTS RECIPE | COLES
HOMEMADE DOUGHNUTS WITH CINNAMON SUGAR AND CRANBERRY JAM : …
RASPBERRY-FILLED CINNAMON SUGAR DOUGHNUTS - LE CREUSET
HONEY-GLAZED CINNAMON DOUGHNUTS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CINNAMON-HONEY DOUGHNUTS WITH RASPBERRY JAM
JAM & CINNAMON DONUT SLICE | CINNAMON DONUTS, RECIPES, …
DOUGHNUT HOLES WITH RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DOUGHNUT HOLES WITH RASPBERRY JAM - FOOD CHANNEL
CINNAMON-HONEY DOUGHNUTS WITH RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | MARTHA …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you pipe raspberry jam into doughnuts?Spoon the raspberry jam into a piping bag without a nozzle and snip a very small hole in the end. Use a skewer to poke a hole in the side of each doughnut, then push the end of the piping bag into each hole and pipe in a little of the jam. Set aside.
How do you make jam filled doughnuts?Take your baking skills to new levels by making your own jam-filled doughnuts. Decorate with pink icing and freeze-dried raspberries for the wow factor Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the split vanilla pod. Slowly bring to a simmer and once it begins to steam, remove from the heat and pour into a measuring jug.
Are whole wheat donuts with honey glaze hard to make?Whole-Wheat Donuts With Honey Glaze With a new spin on a fried sweet, this whole-wheat honey doughnut is simple to make and hard to put down. Thanks to A Small Snippet, we get to enjoy a doughnut that takes a little of the regret out of indulgence.
What are cinnamon sugar Donut muffins?These Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins taste like a jam donut but are as easy to make as muffins. Soft, cinnamon sugar muffins made from scratch, filled with raspberry jam, in less than 30 minutes