CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chickpeas, garlic, tahini sauce, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, extra virgin olive oil, water, fresh parsley
Provided by Jordan Kenna
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and seasonings to the bowl of a 2-quart food processor. Blend until smooth.
- While blending, slowly add in the olive oil and water until hummus is creamy and smooth.
- Garnish with additional red pepper flakes, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
This creamy, rich hummus is made using just five ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes. Serve with crunchy seasonal veg or warm pitta breads
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Lunch, Snack
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Thoroughly rinse the chickpeas in a colander under cold running water. Tip into the large bowl of a food processor along with 60ml of the oil and blitz until almost smooth. Add the garlic, lemon and tahini along with 30ml water. Blitz again for about 5 mins, or until the hummus is smooth and silky.
- Add 20ml more water, a little at a time, if it looks too thick. Season and transfer to a bowl. Swirl the top of the hummus with the back of a dessert spoon and drizzle over the remaining oil. Serve with crunchy crudités and toasted pitta bread, if you like.
- In a blender, chop garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into the blender, reserving about 1 tablespoon for garnish. Add reserved liquid, lemon juice, tahini, and salt to the blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.
For a quick dip, make Ina Garten's Hummus recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; use tahini, garlic and lemon juice to brighten up canned chickpeas.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield about 2 3/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Simple, straightforward, perfect, classic hummus. 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to perfection!
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Add the chickpeas (but not the liquid), tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cumin (if using) to a high-powered blender or food processor (I have the best results with my Vitamix).
- Blend, adding the bean liquid about 2 tablespoons at a time to keep things moving, until the mixture is your desired consistency (I like hummus to be almost like a thick peaked whipped cream - it forms peaks but is still light and luscious).
- That's it! Scoop out and serve! I love it topped with a liberal drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
We love hummus, and this version is really amazing. If you have a pressure cooker, this is an easy, tasty reason to pull it out! We pair hummus with fresh veggies for a meal or snack. -Monica and David Eichler, Lawrence, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions. Drain and rinse the beans, discarding liquid. Transfer to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; add onion, bay leaf and water., Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 12 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Drain mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Discard onion and bay leaf., Place the beans, parsley, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Add enough reserved cooking liquid to achieve desired consistency., Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables.
- Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and garlic into a food processor and pulse until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in the oil in a steady stream. Add the salt and puree until very smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved chickpea liquid, 2 tablespoons at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- To serve, transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle some olive oil over the top. Garnish with a sprinkling of smoked paprika if using, and serve with vegetables and pita chips for dipping.
- Store leftover hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
People also searched
More about "classic hummus recipes"
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE HUMMUS | FEELGOODFOODIE
2020-01-22 · This hummus recipe is the classic traditional Lebanese hummus that I grew up eating. I learned it from both my parents, one who likes it extra lemony, and …
- Place chickpeas in a bowl of water and rub them together to peel the skin (optional step, but helps create a creamy texture).
- Drain the garbanzo beans and transfer them to a food processor. Blend them alone until they become powder-like, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves and salt and 2-3 ice cubes, and blend for about 5 minutes until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed by adding more lemon juice or salt.
- Spoon the hummus onto a plate or bowl, and spread the hummus with the back of a spoon to create swirls.
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE - THE ALMOND EATER
2019-05-22 · This classic hummus recipe can be made in 5 minutes and use simple ingredients that result in a creamy dip. Place chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and …
- While still pulsing, pour water in through the top one tablespoon at a time. Continue pulsing for 3 full minutes, which will result in a creamier texture.
CLASSIC CHICKPEA HUMMUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2017-03-29 · Classic Chickpea Hummus. By Claire Saffit z. March 5, 2021. 4.6 (51) Read Reviews . Those canned chickpeas in the back of your cupboard could be doing …
- Start by prepping all of your ingredients: Drain 15½ oz. chickpeas in a strainer or colander and rinse thoroughly. Let drain again while you do the other prep.
- Cut 1 lemon in half, remove any visible seeds, and squeeze juice into a small bowl. You should have 3–4 Tbsp.
- Smash 1 garlic clove with the flat side of your knife on a cutting board and remove peel. Continue to mash with side of knife until a paste forms. (You can also grate garlic on a microplane if you have one—you're just looking for a fine paste.)
- Combine drained chickpeas, 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, garlic, ½ cup tahini, ¾ tsp. salt, 10 cracks pepper, ¼ tsp. cumin, and 2 Tbsp. water in a food processor.
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN
Classic Hummus Homemade classic restaurant-style hummus #Snack. #Dip. Like the recipe 243 0 Ingredients. 540 ml (1 can) chickpeas, drained rinsed ; 2 tbsp …
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2016-06-03 · Step 1 With the motor running, drop garlic through the feed tube of a food processor fitted with a steel blade attachment; process until finely minced. Scrape …
EASY HUMMUS RECIPE (AUTHENTIC & HOMEMADE FROM SCRATCH ...
2020-04-20 · Instructions Add chickpeas and minced garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Puree until a smooth, powder-like mixture forms. While processor is running, add ice cubes …
- u003cemu003eIf using dry chickpeas allow extra time for soaking (overnight) and cooking (2 hours). u003c/emu003eu003cbr/u003eTake 1 cup dry chickpeas and place it in a large bowl. Add plenty of water and soak overnight (chickpeas will expand in the bowl).u003cbr/u003eu003cbr/u003eWhen ready, drain chickpeas and place them in a medium-sized heavy cooking pot. Cover with water by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You should end up with about 3 cups of cooked chickpeas. u003cbr/u003eu003cbr/u003e*u003cstrongu003eIf using canned chickpeasu003c/strongu003e, give them a quick 20 minute simmer in plenty of water to help soften them some more. u003cimg alt=u0022chickpeas soaked overnightu0022 src=u0022https://www.themediterraneandish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/How-to-make-falafel-recipe-2.jpgu0022/u003e
- Cover the cooked chickpeas in hot water and add 1 1/2 tsp baking soda. Leave for a few minutes. Take a handful of chickpeas and rub under running water to remove the skins. Discard skins. Let the chickpeas cool completely before using. u003cbr/u003eu003cimg alt=u0022chickpeas being peeled under running wateru0022 src=u0022https://www.themediterraneandish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/How-to-make-hummus-1.jpgu0022/u003e
- Dry the chickpeas well then add them to the bowl of a large food processor that's fitted with a blade. Run the processor until the chickpeas turn into a smooth powder-like paste
- While the food processor is running, add 2 ice cubes, tahini, salt, and lemon juice. Blend for about 4 minutes or so. Check, and if the consistency is too thick still, run processor and slowly add a little hot water. Blend until you reach desired silky smooth consistency. At this point, you can cover and refrigerate the hummus for an hour or so before serving. u003cbr/u003eu003cimg alt=u0022hummus dip in the food processoru0022 src=u0022https://www.themediterraneandish.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/How-to-make-hummus-6.jpgu0022/u003e
CLASSIC HUMMUS - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES, COUNTRY ...
2009-05-08 · Combine chickpeas with all ingredients, except water and olive oil, in a blender or food processor. Pulse until mixture becomes somewhat smooth and combined, but do not …
- At the end, add olive oil and pulse no more than three times, just to incorporate.Pour mixture into a bowl and stir to ensure mixture is combined.
BEST CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE - DR. AXE
2020-09-11 · Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Mince two cloves of garlic. Place all ingredients (except for the paprika) into a food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape …
- Scrap hummus out of food processor container and place into a small dish or storage container. Sprinkle paprika on top.
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE | LAUREN'S LATEST
2019-02-12 · Pour chick peas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cumin into the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender. Turn blender on, drizzling olive oil in …
- Pour chick peas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cumin into the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender.
- Turn blender on, drizzling olive oil in slowly. Continue pouring in the cold water until hummus is desired consistency. Spoon into bowl and serve with crackers and vegetables.
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE - SUSAN SPUNGEN | FOOD & WINE
2016-11-07 · In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water. Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and ground cumin; season with salt and puree …
- In a medium bowl, cover the dried chickpeas with 2 inches of water and stir in 1 teaspoon of the baking soda. Refrigerate the chickpeas overnight. Drain the chickpeas, then rinse them under cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, cover the chickpeas with 2 inches of fresh water. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of baking soda and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat for about 1 hour, until the chickpeas are very tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water. Rinse under cold water.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water. Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and ground cumin; season with salt and puree until creamy (add more cooking water if necessary). Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with olive oil, sumac, pomegranate seeds, roasted chickpeas, thinly sliced radishes and mint. Serve with pita chips, whole radishes, fennel and carrots.
CLASSIC HOMEMADE HUMMUS (STEPS WITH VIDEO!) | HOW TO COOK ...
2020-09-22 · Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, tahini, and half of the olive oil into a food processor and blend. Add in about 1/4 cup of the aquafaba and remaining olive …
- Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, tahini, and half of the olive oil into a food processor and blend. Add in about 1/4 cup of the aquafaba and remaining olive oil until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
BEST HUMMUS RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
2020-02-28 · Tip the chickpeas into a food processor with 3 tbsp of the liquid from the tin. Whizz until smooth-ish then add the lemon juice (discard the pieces of garlic), tahini …
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN CANADA
Classic Hummus Homemade classic restaurant-style hummus #Snack. #Dip. Like the recipe 242 0 Ingredients. 540 ml (1 can) chickpeas, drained rinsed ; 2 tbsp …
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE (LIGHT & FLUFFY) | COOK CLICK N ...
2020-06-13 · How to make hummus To a food processor or high power mixer grinder add peeled garlic, onions if using, 4 tablespoons tahini, and cumin seeds.
CLASSIC HUMMUS | AHEAD OF THYME
2020-05-02 · Instructions. Place chickpeas, reserved liquid, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt, in a blender or food processor. Puree until well blended and …
EASY CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE - URBAN BLISS LIFE
2021-07-07 · Blend for 1 to 2 minutes. Then, with the food processor still running, slowly pour in the extra-virgin olive oil. Stop the food processor and taste the hummus. If …
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE WITH CANNED CHICKPEAS | THE ...
2020-04-23 · Classic Hummus Recipe What You’ll Need: 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed ½ cup tahini 1 clove garlic, peeled Juice of 1 lemon ½ teaspoon cumin ¾ teaspoon kosher …
CLASSIC HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE WITH LEMON AND CORIANDER …
2008-07-29 · The Classic Homemade Hummus Recipe is super simple to make right in your own kitchen. It is a nutritious dip that can be used as a spread. It is made from cooked …
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
2020-03-07 · Classic hummus recipe Save This smooth, creamy dip is streets away from shop-bought versions Credit: ... Though the simplest of processes, making hummus is an art …
CLASSIC CHICKPEA HUMMUS | CHATELAINE
2019-07-24 · Whirl garlic and salt in a food processor, scraping down side as needed. Add tahini, water and lemon juice, and pulse to combine. Add chickpeas, oil and paprika, and …
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE | FOODTALK
Classic Hummus Recipe. 4 Servings. 10 min. Jump to recipe. I love this classic hummus recipe because it involves minimal ingredients and it comes together in just …
See details »
15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion healthy appetizers lunch snacks beans easy beginner-cook dinner-party vegan vegetarian dietary low-cholesterol chick-peas-garbanzos healthy-2 low-in-something brunch 3-steps-or-less