COCONUT CRUNCH PIE RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by kmad
Number Of Ingredients 13
- CRUST: Sift flour with salt. Cut in shortening until particles are the size of small peas. Sprinkle cold water over mixture, tossing until dough is moist enough to hold together. Form into a ball. roll out on floured pastry cloth or board to an 11-inch circle. Fit loosely into pie pan. Fold edge to form standing rim; flute. FILLING: Combine three egg yolks with sugar and mix in salt. Add milk and softened butter. Beat thoroughly. Fold in 1 cup coconut. Set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Pour into pie pan. Preheat oven to to 350°F. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Tip: Cracking that big nut: Submerge the coconut in cold water for five minutes first. Then, using a hammer and nail, or, sharp kitchen shears, pierce holes through the "eyes" of the coconut. Drain the coconut milk out of the coconut, pouring it through a fine strainer into a measuring glass (it will be a cloudy/clear liquid.) Crack the coconut with a hammer. Place the pieces in the fridge for an hour to separate the coconut meat from the shell. You'll need to scrape/peel the brown "skin" from the coconut pieces-tedious, but necessary. Then you're almost there! Put the coconut pieces through a food processor to grate the meat. Fresh coconut spoils quickly if not refrigerated.
IMPOSSIBLY EASY COCONUT PIE
This impossibly easy coconut pie is legendary among the Bisquick™ community. With over 700 positive reviews, it's a one-bowl dessert that many Betty Crocker fans have been making for years. Creamy and custard-like this crustless pie can be prepped in just 10 minutes, so the next time you're craving coconut, you know what recipe to turn to. All you have to do is stir the flaked coconut, sugar, Bisquick™, butter, milk and eggs until well mixed and pour right into your pie plate. Easy, right?
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate with shortening or cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 270 mg
Watching my mother cook from scratch, I hardly knew that anything was available "pre-made" until I'd left home. One of Mom's best desserts is her creamy old-fashioned coconut pie. A rich slice is true comfort food. -Mary McGuire, Graham, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. , In a large bowl, combine milk, sugar, coconut, eggs, flour, butter and vanilla. Pour into crust. , Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382 calories, Fat 19g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
COCONUT CRUNCH DELIGHT
I tasted this light dessert 7 years ago at a potluck and got the recipe from my mom's dear friend. I've made it dozens of times since for my family and friends, who go wild over it. This is a terrific way to end a heavy meal. -Debby Chiorino, Pt. Hueneme, CA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; press lightly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes to form coarse crumbs. Cool. , Divide crumb mixture in half; press half into the same baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. , Fold in whipped topping; spoon over the crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
COCONUT CREAM PIE
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt over a medium heat; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes more. Remove the pan from heat.
- Place a strainer over a clean mixing bowl; set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks slightly. Gradually pour 1 cup of the hot custard mixture into yolks, whisking constantly. Return the egg mixture to the saucepan and bring the entire mixture to a gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes before removing the pan from heat. Immediately pour custard through the strainer.
- Stir butter, vanilla, and coconut into the hot mixture. Pour the hot filling into the baked pie crust. Cool and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.5 calories, Carbohydrate 51.1 g, Cholesterol 121.2 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 293.4 mg, Sugar 32.9 g
COCONUT CREAM PIE WITH CHOCOLATE MACAROON CRUST
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes. In a medium saucepan, whisk together coconut milk, sugar, gelatin mixture, coconut extract, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with cornstarch until combined.
- Slowly whisk one-fourth of the hot-milk mixture into egg yolks; return to saucepan. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture returns to a boil, about 1 minute. Stir in shredded coconut. Transfer to a large bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours, and up to overnight. Spread whipped cream on top; garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.
COCONUT PEACH CRUNCH PIE
This is one of my adopted recipes and. I have now made this. I used my own shortbread crust #72584 but you can use any crust you want. I also made my own Peach Pie filling but for speed use a can of peach pie filling.
Provided by Dorel
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush bottom and sides of crust with egg yolk; bake on baking sheet until light brown, about 5 minutes. Spoon peach filling into crust.
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut, and margarine in a small bowl. Mix until well blended. Spread over peach filling.
- Bake on baking sheet for 30 to 35 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and topping is light brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.8, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 5.1, Cholesterol 23.6, Sodium 172.1, Carbohydrate 29.2, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 17.1, Protein 2
COCONUT CRUNCH APPLE PIE
The coconut adds a nice flavor and crunch to the crust of this pie. I make this every year and it's a big hit.
Provided by Lacielou
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Crust:mix flour and salt.cut in shortning until pea sizedmix in water by the tbsp until dough is soft.roll out doughsprinkle with coconut and roll in.place in bottom of pie plate.
- Filling:Mix together put in crust.(apples sugar cinnamon and flour).
- Topping:Mix together Sprinkle on top.(Last 6 ingredients).
- bake at 350* for 30 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475.3, Fat 27.2, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 15.2, Sodium 192.5, Carbohydrate 55.6, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 26.3, Protein 5.1
More about "coconut crunch pie recipes"
THE BEST COCONUT CREAM PIE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
COCONUT CREAM PIE (THE BEST) - RICARDO
COCONUT CUSTARD PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
COCONUT PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRUNCHY COCONUT PIE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
OLD FASHIONED COCONUT PIE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
THE BEST COCONUT CREAM PIE (WITH COCONUT STREUSEL!)
COCONUT CREAM PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
GOOF-PROOF COCONUT CUSTARD PIE RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRUNCH PIE RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrsServings 8Calories 197 per serving
COCONUT CREAM PIE RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
HOMEMADE COCONUT CREAM PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
COCONUT POPCORN CRUNCH PIE - JOLLY TIME®
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRUNCH PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COCONUT CRUNCH PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
COCONUT CRUNCH APPLE PIE RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRUNCH PIE
COCONUT CRUNCH APPLE PIE WITH COCONUT PECAN CRUMBLE
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRUNCH PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRUNCH PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
WORLD BEST FLAKES : COCONUT CRUNCH PIE
COCONUT CREAM PIE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
COCONUT CREAM PIE RECIPE (THE BEST!) - COOKING CLASSY
COCONUT CRUNCH - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
THE ULTIMATE COCONUT CREAM PIE - MY COUNTRY TABLE
COCONUT CRUNCH PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
OLD FASHIONED COCONUT CUSTARD PIE - EVERYDAY EILEEN
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY COCONUT OATMEAL CRUNCH PIE | DIETHOOD
COCONUT CREAM PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
COCONUT CRUNCH PIE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRUNCH PIE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
OLD-FASHIONED COCONUT CREAM PIE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM …
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRUNCH PIE – FLOSSOM
ULTIMATE COCONUT CREAM PIE (CREAMY & EASY ... - DINNER, THEN …
COCONUT RHUBARB CRUNCH - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
STRAWBERRY COCONUT CRUNCH PIE RECIPE
You'll also love