COD, CHICKPEA & OLIVE STEW
Make and share this Cod, Chickpea & Olive Stew recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Moor Driver
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- Fry the onions in the olive oil until softened. Add the garlic, white wine, and the bay leaves, simmer until reduced slightly.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, salt & pepper (to taste) and the water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cod (cut into bite size chunks) and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
SALT COD, POTATO AND CHICKPEA STEW
This hearty, brothy stew features popular ingredients from the Iberian Peninsula - salt cod, garlic, saffron, potatoes. Spanish and Portuguese cooks adore salt cod and use it in all kinds of ways; these same ingredients may also be reconfigured into salads or casseroles. You'll need to soak the fish overnight to remove the salt. The chickpea broth adds great flavor.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, lunch, soups and stews, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- Rinse salt cod, then place in a bowl of cold water and soak for 8 hours or overnight. Change water every 2 hours if possible. (If desired, fully soaked cod may be refrigerated, drained and wrapped in plastic for up to 2 days.) Also put chickpeas in a bowl and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Leave to soak 8 hours or overnight.
- The next day, drain cod, chop it into 1-inch chunks, put it in a bowl and set aside. Put chickpeas and soaking water in a large pot over high heat. Add clove-stuck onion and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Skim foam, turn down heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, until tender. Halfway through cooking, add 2 teaspoons salt. Turn off heat and leave chickpeas in their broth until ready to use. (Chickpeas may be cooked several hours ahead or even a day in advance if desired.)
- Make the stew: In a heavy soup pot, warm olive oil over high heat. Add diced onion and let sizzle, then reduce heat and cook until softened, stirring, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, saffron, pimentón and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Add wine and bring to a brisk simmer. Drain chickpeas, reserving 6 cups of the broth. Add the broth and potatoes to the pot, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle about 2 cups of the stew's liquid over the salt cod pieces and let steep for 10 minutes (the fish will cook while steeping), then pour this mixture into the pot. Add the clams and reserved chickpeas to the pot and simmer, covered, until clams open, 5 to 7 minutes. To serve, stir in the cilantro and ladle the stew into big bowls.
COOKSHOP'S COD WITH CHICKPEA STEW
Recipe From epicurious.com
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- Prep the Ingredients Chop ½ the small onion Chop 2 cloves garlic Remove the seeds from one pomegranate Open and rinse one can of chickpeas chop sage Crumble ricotta salata cheese Make the Chickpea Stew Heat the oil in a large saucepan Add the onion Add the garlic Add a dash of chili pepper flakes Add about ½ cup apple cider and bring to a simmer Add the chickpeas and bring the heat to low Let this simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, until the liquid is most evaporated Salt and pepper to taste. Add a squeeze of lemon, water, and salt to taste Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes Add sage and cheese Add a tblsp of butter Mix and season Do not add the pomegranate until you are ready to serve (heat is not your friend with these seeds as they change color and texture) Note: Gothamist would add chorizo, bacon etc to this dish, but since we add it to every recipe we do here, it has been deleted. We recommend it though Make the Cod Preheat the oven to 350. Season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper Place a glug of olive oil in the bottom of a pan and place on high heat When hot but not smoking, place fillet in the pan, skin side down if you have skin on your fillets Roast fillets in pan for about 3-4 minutes - do not touch until they naturally come away from the pan Flip the cod and sear on the other side Place pan in oven and roast for about 6-8 minutes Finish the Dish Let the fish rest so juices settle Reheat your chickpeas and add the pomegranate seeds Place the chickpeas on the plate and add the cod on top Collect any of the pan juices and baste the cod with them before serving
BACALHAU (SALT COD) WITH CHICKPEAS
A Portuguese salt cod kind of stew meant to be eaten hot or at room temperature. Once you've prepared the salt cod (which takes one to two days), assembling this dish is simple and quick. If you don't have piri-piri (Portuguese-style chili oil), substitute a quarter teaspoon (or more if you like) of dried hot red pepper flakes. This makes a very hearty luncheon or brunch dish and is great with a glass of red wine.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Chef Kate
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- Prepare Bacalhau.
- Soak fish in water for at least 24 hours and preferably 48 hours, changing the water 3 to 4 times per day.
- Drain the fish, rinse well and place in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Taste the water; if it is too salty, drain the fish, add fresh water and bring to a boil again.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Remove any skin and bones and separate the fish into coarse flakes.
- Prepare the stew.
- In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the onion slowly until it is golden.
- Stir in the Bacalhau and heat for two minutes.
- Add chickpeas, parsley, vinegar, garlic, piri-piri, salt and pepper and cook for another two minutes or until the mixture is completely warmed through.
- Serve garnished with the hard boiled eggs and olives.
People also searched
More recipes about cod chickpea olive stew
Cod Chickpea Olive Stew
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comCod, Chickpea & Olive Stew Recipe - Food.com Recipe From : food.comMar 02, 2007 · Fry the onions in the olive oil until softened. Add the garlic, white wine, and the bay leaves, simmer until reduced slightly. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, salt & pepper (to taste) and the water. Simmer for 15 minutes. ... Show details . COOKSHOP'S COD WITH CHICKPEA STEW recipe | Epicurious.com Recipe ... ... Show details
Cod, Chickpea & Olive Stew - tfrecipes.com
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comMake and share this Cod, Chickpea & Olive Stew recipe from Food.com. Recipe From food.com. Provided by Moor Driver. Categories Stew. Time 30m. Yield 4 serving(s) Number Of Ingredients: 10. Steps: Fry the onions in the olive oil until softened. Add the garlic, white wine, and the bay leaves, simmer until reduced slightly. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, salt & pepper (to taste) and the ... ... Show details
World Best Fish Cooking Recipes : Cod, Chickpea & Olive Stew
Recipe From : worldbestfishrecipes.blogspot.comCod, Chickpea & Olive Stew Total Time: 30 mins Preparation Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Ingredients. Servings: 4; 4 cod fish fillets, skinned, boned & cut into chunks ; 1 tablespoon olive oil ; 1 onion, sliced ; 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced ; 100 ml wine ; 2 bay leaves ; 600 g chopped tomatoes ; 600 g chickpeas ; 2 tablespoons sliced black olives ; 200 ml water ; Recipe. 1 fry the onions ... ... Show details
Cod and Chickpea One-Pot Recipe - olivemagazine
Recipe From : olivemagazine.com2018-04-26 · Put the garlic, chilli (if using), tomatoes and chickpeas in a baking dish and add the olive oil and paprika. Toss together then roast for 10 minutes. Sit the cod on top, season, then put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the cod … ...
Cod & Chickpea Stew | Canadian Living
Recipe From : canadianliving.comMethod. In large pot, heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium heat; cook onion, fennel, garlic, fennel seeds (if using) and salt, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, clam juice and 1 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to … ... Show details
Cod and chickpeas stew recipe - Divine Cuisine
Recipe From : divinecuisine.net2019-02-25 · This Cod and chickpeas stew is a classic recipe of the andalusian cuisine that it’s usually served in Lent. It’s delicious! Ingredients for 6 persons. 500 gr of chickpeas ; 250 gr of desalated cod (can be mashed cod) 1 medium potato; 1 tomato; Half large onion; 1 green pepper; 3 garlic cloves; 1 teaspoonful of sweet paprika; 1 bay leaf, salt and pepper; Olive … ... Show details
Spanish Chickpea Stew With Cod Recipe | The Spanish Cuisine
Recipe From : thespanishcuisine.comPeel and chop the hard-boiled eggs. Bring the pot with the chickpeas to a boil again and add the mixture from the mortar. Drain, dice and add the cod. Simmer and stir for 5 minutes. ... Show details
"Cod, Chickpea & Olive Stew" - recipes on spoonacular
Recipe From : spoonacular.com"Cod, Chickpea & Olive Stew" × . Recipes (150) Products (1) Menu Items (80) Videos (0) Cuisine: Any. Any African American British Cajun Caribbean Chinese Eastern European French German Greek Indian Irish Italian Jewish Japanese Korean Latin American Mexican Middle Eastern Nordic Southern Spanish Thai Vietnamese. Diet: Any. Any Lacto Vegetarian Ovo Vegetarian Paleo Pescetarian Primal Vegan ... ... Show details
cod chickpea olive stew recipe - webetutorial
Recipe From : webetutorial.comCod chickpea olive stew is the best recipe for foodies. It will take approx 30 minutes to cook. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make cod chickpea olive stew at your home.. The ingredients or substance mixture for cod chickpea olive stew recipe that are useful to cook such type of recipes are: ... Show details
Pan-seared Cod with Chickpea Stew Recipe | Paderno
Recipe From : paderno.comStir in cooked chickpeas and let them warm through. Add turnip greens, then cover pan with lid to let them wilt and cook in the steam. Put stew on back burner, let sit on low. Season the sides, skin and flesh of the cod with fine sea salt to taste. Heat pan with 1 teaspoon of canola oil until it smokes. Add fish, skin side down. Sear 3-4 ... ... Show details
Cod and Chickpea Stew recipe | Eat Smarter USA
Recipe From : eatsmarter.com2016-01-26 · Rinse the salt cod in cold, running water, and add to the dish along with the chickpeas and chopped tomatoes. 4. Pour over the stock and add the kale, stirring well. ...
Classic Hearty Cod and Chickpea Stew - Alert-1
Recipe From : alert-1.com(Special Announcement) Apr. 27, 2020 Alert1 is open and ready to serve you during these times of uncertainty ...
Tomato, Chickpea and Cod Stew - Madeleine Shaw
Recipe From : madeleineshaw.comDirections To a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium heat add the olive oil and garlic and fry for a minute. Next, add the tomatoes and cook for a few mins then add the chickpeas, smoked paprika, and olives, stir well then add the stock. Simmer for 10 mins then add the cod, cover the pan … ... Show details
Potaje De Vigilia Recipe - Roast cod with chickpeas
Recipe From : bascofinefoods.com2017-03-25 · The cod is cooked through when the flesh is opaque. To serve, gently heat the chickpea and spinach stew and spoon into four large bowls, place one piece of roast cod on top of each serving, garnish with the hard-boiled eggs quarters and drizzle with some good quality extra virgin olive … ...
Chickpea Stew with Cod Recipe - QueRicaVida.com
Recipe From : quericavida.comSoak the chickpeas for two hours or overnight. Change the water and cook over medium high heat for 1 hour or until softened. 2 In skillet, stir fry the oil, onion, garlic, tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and paprika to taste. ...
Recipe: Cod mussels chickpea stew - The Tiny Italian
Recipe From : thetinyitalian.com2018-01-07 · Cut the cod into 4-6 pieces, season with salt and pepper. Add the mussels to the chickpea stew and place the cod pieces on top. Cover the pan with a lid and bake in the oven for 15 minutes In the mean time, finely chop the parsley and mix with 1 garlic (finely chopped) and lemon zest to create a topping for the fish ...
Spiced Cod With Spinach and Chickpea Stew - Ever Open Sauce
Recipe From : everopensauce.com2018-09-18 · The spiced cod with spinach and chickpea stew, and the spinach stew in particular, has its origin in the Tunisian’s condiment called pkaila or bkeila. The essence of the stew is the cooked-down spinach; Swiss chard is often used as well. Fresh spinach is cooked in oil until it loses all its water and slowly fries in the oil, resulting in a greasy paste with texture like crude oil. The paste ... ...
Moroccan Chickpea Stew with Chermoula & Lemon Baked Cod
Recipe From : cookingwithbry.com2020-05-19 · Chickpea Stew. Using a pestle and mortar, crush together the chilli flakes and cloves. Set aside. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and then cook the onions for 5 minutes or … ...
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and then cook the onions for 5 minutes or until soft.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and then cook the onions for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, chilli and cloves mixture, cinnamon, and sumac and stir through the onions. Cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add the tomatoes and a large pinch of salt, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
Spiced Chickpea Stew | Stew Recipes | Tesco Real Food
Recipe From : realfood.tesco.com2020-05-10 · Fry for 1 min, then add the tomatoes, chickpeas and stock. Simmer for 10 mins or until the tomatoes have broken down and the sauce has thickened slightly. Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions. Stir the greens into the stew and cook for another 5-8 mins until the greens are tender. ...
Recipe: Cod, Chorizo & Chickpea Stew
Recipe From : bluetoad.comCod, Chorizo and Chickpea Stew. Serves 4. INGREDIENTS: 1 onion, peeled and chopped. 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped. 2 carrots, peeled and chopped. 2 sticks celery, washed and chopped. 2 tbsp olive oil. 1 bay leaf. 1 tsp fresh (or ½ tsp dried) thyme. 1 chorizo (about ¼ lb), sliced. 1 x 14 oz can chopped tomatoes. 1 x 14 oz can chickpeas ... ... Show details
Salt Cod, Potato and Chickpea Stew - Plain.Recipes
Recipe From : plain.recipesTurn off heat and leave chickpeas in their broth until ready to use. (Chickpeas may be cooked several hours ahead or even a day in advance if desired.) Make the stew: In a heavy soup pot, warm olive oil over high heat. Add diced onion and let sizzle, then reduce heat and cook until softened, stirring, about 10 … ... Show details
Chickpea stew with cod in the Thermomix - Thermomix Recipes
Recipe From : thermomagazine.org2020-05-18 · Chickpea stew with cod in the Thermomix Easter is just around the corner as it says. Precisely for this reason you are interested in knowing the recipe that we are going to give you below since it is typical of those dates. This recipe has cod. Chickpea stew with cod in the Thermomix. Yes, it becomes an ideal dish for practicing Catholics, specifically to eat on the Friday of Lent in which ... ...