- Mix water, corn meal, mozzarella cheese, butter, and salt together in a large bowl. Knead until mixed well and the dough has a soft consistency. Form balls the size of a medium orange and place them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten with a rolling pin to your desired thickness.
- Cut the dough into circles using a cereal bowl or drinking glass, lip-down, through the plastic wrap. Remove the plastic wrap and remove excess dough.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Add arepas and grill until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.9 g, Cholesterol 17.1 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 325.2 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
COLUMBIA RESTAURANT GOOD RICE
This rice goes with everything and has much more flavor than plain white rice. The recipe comes from the famed Columbia Restaurant which started in Ybor City, FL and now has locations throughout Florida. Easy to make and very flavorful; I especially like the texture...not sticky, not greasy, just right.
Provided by Epi Curious
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 8 , 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter and saute' onion until transparent. Add rice and stir constantly until it turns into a caramel color. Add chicken broth, then parsley, basil and salt. Bring to a boil and lower flame. Cover and steam rice for 18 minutes. Fluff with a large two-tined fork. Serves 6 to 8.
From Debbie whose husband is Colombian; this rice rocks. and for mike , thanks for the heads up on my misspelling ,that's ALL you needed to say
Provided by Dienia B.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put 1/2 inch oil in bottom of pan.
- Add onions; fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add fideos which are like vermicelli.
- Cook until the fideos are butterscotch colored; do not burn.
- Wash rice.
- Add rice and water to the pan; add salt; taste water to make sure flavor is right.
- Cook on medium heat, uncovered, stirring frequently, until all the water is absorbed.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat until the bottom is browned but not burned.
More about "colombianrice recipes"
5 EASY COLOMBIAN RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - WANDERING …
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory ColombiaCalories 405 per serving
25 CLASSIC COLOMBIAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
4.4/5 (7)Category Recipe Roundup
16 TRADITIONAL COLOMBIAN FOOD DISHES YOU MUST TRY IN …
COLOMBIAN ARROZ CON POLLO: CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE
COLOMBIAN FRIED RICE - SWEET Y SALADO
COLOMBIAN ARROZ ATOLLADO RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
DELICIOUS COLOMBIAN RECIPES YOU SHOULD TRY
16 COLOMBIAN DESSERTS YOU HAVE TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD …
25 BEST COLOMBIAN FOOD DISHES YOU SHOULD TRY RIGHT NOW
12 DELICIOUS COLOMBIAN DISHES YOU CAN COOK ANYWHERE
COLOMBIAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
25+ UNIQUE COLOMBIAN RECIPES FOR YOUR FIRST-TIME …
COLOMBIAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
COLOMBIAN-STYLE COCONUT RICE RECIPE - TODAY
HEALTHY COLOMBIAN COCONUT RICE WITH SALMON & SALAD
10 HEARTY RICE MAIN DISHES - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
COLOMBIAN RICE RECIPE — MY SWEET RECIPES
COCONUT RICE WITH RAISINS (ARROZ CON COCO) RECIPE
COLOMBIAN RICE PORRIDGE (ARROZ CON LECHE) | RICESELECT®
LIKE TO COOK COLOMBIAN FOOD? COCONUT RICE IS EASY TO PREPARE
13 TRADITIONAL COLOMBIAN FOODS YOU MUST TRY - THE MEDELLIN MANIAC
PERFECT COCONUT RICE (WITH A SECRET INGREDIENT!) - MINIMALIST BAKER …
COLOMBIAN COCONUT RICE (ARROZ CON COCO) - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
14 RECIPES THAT PROVE COLOMBIA HAS THE BEST FOOD IN THE WORLD
COLOMBIAN FOOD: 30 ESSENTIAL DISHES TO EAT - BACON IS MAGIC
10 BEST COLOMBIAN RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ARROZ CON COCO (COLOMBIAN COCONUT RICE) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
25 BEST COLOMBIAN DISHES YOU MUST TRY 2022 - TOPTRAVELFOODS
ARROZ CON LECHE COLOMBIANO (COLOMBIAN RICE PUDDING) RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT RICE | SYS - YOUTUBE
10 COLOMBIAN DESSERTS YOU HAVE TO TRY ON YOUR NEXT TRIP
10 BEST COLOMBIAN RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ARROZ CON COCO (COLOMBIAN COCONUT RICE) • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
3 MOST POPULAR COLOMBIAN COCKTAILS - TASTEATLAS
10 MUST-TRY COLOMBIAN DESSERTS AND SWEETS
COLOMBIAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE - ORDINARY DAY WITH MILENA
COLOMBIAN CHICKEN AND RICE - UNACOLOMBIANAENCALIFORNIA.COM
ARROZ BLANCO (COLOMBIAN-STYLE WHITE RICE) - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
COLOMBIAN BEEF STEW (CARNE GUISADA) RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST …
LAYLA'S COLOMBIAN RICE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
ARROZ CON COCO OR COLOMBIAN RICE WITH COCONUT – FAMILIA KITCHEN
COLOMBIAN COCONUT RICE - SWEET Y SALADO
ARROZ CON COCO (COLOMBIAN COCONUT RICE) - THAT GIRL COOKS HEALTHY
LATIN AMERICAN CUISINE: COLOMBIAN STYLE BEANS AND RICE (WITH THE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best Colombian recipes?Green plantains are smashed into thin slices, lightly salted, and fried until brown. This is, hands-down, one of the easiest Colombian recipes out there. For flavoring, you can use hogao, guacamole, or avocado slices as a topping. This creates savory bites that the entire family will love. 6. Hogao
What is Colombian-style fried rice?Colombian-Style Fried Rice or Arroz Chino al Estilo Colombiano is usually made with chicken, pork, or seafood. Some cooks add chorizo, bacon, ham, or just use plain vegetables. This Arroz Chino Al Estilo Colombiano dish is a combination of my Aunt Consuelo’s and my mom’s recipe, with my own twist.
Can you cook Colombian coconut rice in coconut milk?Colombian coconut rice is a popular side dish for chicken and seafood dishes. It’s a local favorite that brings a lightly sweet and toasted finish to the meal. Surprisingly, this recipe won’t instruct you to cook the rice in coconut milk. Instead, you’ll have to cook down the milk into a flavored coconut oil with chewy masses.
What kind of food do they eat in Colombia?Beans, rice, arepas, fried green or black plantains, avocado, a thin slice of grilled steak, deep fried pork rinds (known as chicharrones), a chorizo or two, a side of ají to sauce everything up, and a fried egg to top it off. Latin American Cuisine: Colombian Style Beans and Rice (With the Works!)