CAROLINA BBQ GOLD SAUCE
A slightly sweet, mustard-based barbecue sauce popular in South Carolina for use when grilling or roasting chicken and pork. Recipe is for a mild version - with an optional Hot version. If you like really browned chicken, start basting early; otherwise, baste frequently after the first 30 minutes of grilling. For crockpot BBQ, add 1 cup of sauce the crockpot with Boston butt, and cook until very tender. Remove and discard excess fat from pork. Chop or shred pork, place in buns, and serve with extra sauce.(serving=1/4 cup)
Recipe From food.com
Provided by BeachGirl
Yield 1 quart, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 18
- In saucepan, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add mustard, tomato paste, and molasses.
- Slowly add vinegar, whisking till blended.
- Add water and whisk to blend.
- Heat over medium-low heat till hot; lower to simmer and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Cool, then pour into glass bottle or other non-reactive container.
- Refrigerate, if desired.
- Our favorite way to use this sauce (1) poured over chopped pork on buns or (2) to baste bone-in chicken when grilling.
- The sooner you baste, the more browned the chicken gets, and we like it browned and charred (not burned), so we baste early and frequently.
COLOMBIAN BEEF AND POTATO EMPANADAS
Colombian empanadas are typically quite small - a couple of bites each - and have a crisp corn crust. There are a wide range of fillings you'll find across Colombia, but this meat-and-potato mixture is the most common. Small yellow potatoes called papas criollas are the potato of choice here, but they are nearly impossible to find in the United States, so I use Yukon Gold instead. My wife's family typically keeps the seasonings simple - salt, pepper and a dash of paprika - though many recipes include cumin or Triguisar, a powdered seasoning mix that contains ground cumin, paprika, achiote, turmeric and garlic. I season my filling with a little chicken bouillon, but you could use plain salt instead. The filling uses half an onion and half a tomato, so save the other half for the fresh, cilantro-based ají, to serve with the empanadas.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by J. Kenji López-Alt
Yield About 24 small empanadas (serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer)
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- Prepare the filling: Place potato cubes in a medium saucepan, cover with water and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until cubes are completely tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, using a flat palm, press the cut side of the tomato against the large holes of a box grater and grate the tomato until you're left with just the skin. (The skin should protect your hand from the grater.) Discard the skin, then transfer the tomato and any juices to a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium-high, heat vegetable oil until shimmering. Add beef or pork, and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until the pieces are quite small and completely cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, scallion, paprika, bouillon (if using), and a few grinds of black pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened but not browned, about 1 minute. Immediately add the grated tomato and its juices, and cook, stirring, until the mixture is quite dry, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer meat mixture to the bowl with potatoes and stir together with a fork, letting the potato get roughly mashed up. (The filling should form cohesive balls when gently packed.) Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt, bouillon and pepper to taste. Allow to cool completely. Spreading it out on a large plate or tray and placing it in the fridge will speed up this process.
- Assemble the empanadas: Divide masa into 24 golf-ball-size balls. Working one ball at a time, place inside a plastic zip-top bag and press down with the bottom of a skillet to form a circle about 3 inches in diameter. Carefully remove from the bag and transfer to a clean cutting board or tray. Repeat with remaining dough balls, laying them out side by side. Cover the disks with a clean, lightly damp kitchen towel.
- Working one empanada at a time, place about 2 teaspoons of meat mixture in the center of the disk. Lift the front and back edges and seal them at the top by gently pushing them together. Seal the empanada, working from the center outward until both ends are completely sealed. Gently curve the empanada to form a slight crescent with the sealed edge at the top. Repeat with remaining empanadas.
- In a large Dutch oven or wok over high, heat 2 quarts oil until it registers 375 degrees on an instant-read or frying thermometer. Using a metal spider or slotted spoon, lower empanadas into the hot oil one at a time. You should be able to cook about six empanadas per batch. Cook empanadas, adjusting heat to maintain an oil temperature of 325 to 375 degrees, until empanadas are crisp and golden, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or metal spider, transfer empanadas to a paper-towel-lined plate or bowl and immediately season with salt.
- Serve empanadas hot, with a bowl of ají and a spoon to drizzle the sauce over the empanadas and into them as you eat.
More recipes about columbian gold
Columbian Gold Recipes - wikifoodhub.com
Recipe From : wikifoodhub.comColumbian Gold Recipes. COLOMBIAN AREPAS. This is a quick and easy recipe to make delicious Colombian arepas. They are usually served for breakfast, as a side dish, or even for a quick meal. Recipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by Sweet y Salado. Time 20m. Yield 6. Steps: Mix water, corn meal, mozzarella cheese, butter, and salt together in a large bowl. Knead until mixed well and the … ... Show details
Columbia Gold Recipe
Recipe From : mixerdrink.comColumbia Gold Recipe. Posted on by . Ingredients. 1 1/4 oz Yukon Jack Canadian whisky 3/4 oz strawberry liqueur; 4 oz orange juice. Blend well with large scoop of ice. More from my site. Jamaican Dust-buster Recipe; Bacardi O Coffee Recipe ; Pineberry Recipe; Lick And A Promise Recipe; Asiatoo Recipe; White Lily Cocktail Recipe; Related posts: Gtv Recipe. Mexican Strawberry Recipe. Cuban … ... Show details
Columbian Gold • Recipes Club Flyers
Recipe From : clubflyers.caMake 1 cup of strong coffee, keep warm. In a small pot add half and half cream with chocolate and coffee liquers. Heat on low about 3 minutes, whisking constantly to.. ... Show details
Columbia Gold, A South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe
Recipe From : amazingribs.com2012-04-18 · Columbia Gold, A South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe. By: Meathead. Jump to Recipe - Print Recipe. In a swath of Mid-South Carolina, from around Columbia to the coast around Charleston, BBQ sauce is yellow, not red, a byproduct of the region’s German heritage. In Germany, pork and mustard go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is a bit of a jolt to an outsider wandering into … ... Show details
My Colombian Recipes | Colombian and Latin Food Recipes
Recipe From : mycolombianrecipes.comMy Colombian Recipes. My name is Erica and I was born and raised in Colombia and now live in the northeastern United States with my husband and family. This blog was inspired by my grandmother, Mamita, who was an amazing traditional Colombian cook. My hope is that people from other countries discover Colombian food and learn more about our culture and traditions. Thank you for visiting and ... ... Show details
Columbian Coffee Recipes - Find Good Recipes
Recipe From : findgoodrecipes.com2019-01-30 · So what is Columbian coffee really all about? The following guide includes some delicious recipes about Columbian coffee–information you can use now! Coffee is one of America’s favorite beverages and becomes more popular as the years go by. So naturally you would be able to find different methods of preparing Columbian coffee. You can make ... Show details
A List of Traditional and Modern Colombian Recipes
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comCocina Colombiana: Colombian Food Traditional and Modern Recipes, From Appetizers to Desserts. Written by. Marian Blazes. Pinterest; Marian Blazes is a freelance writer and recipe developer with a passion for South American food. She wrote a cookbook focusing on the cuisine of Brazil. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. Marian Blazes. Updated 08/06/20. Colombian cuisine is rich and ... ... Show details
Colombian Gold Strain | Marijuana Strain Reviews | AllBud
Recipe From : allbud.com2021-07-06 · Colombian Gold is a near-pure sativa (sativa/indica ratio of at least 75:25), the result of an original Colombian landrace strain. It delivers a smooth but tangy tea flavor and a Skunky aroma with notes of lemon and lime. The buds are covered in visible crystals. Though well past its prime, Colombian Gold still sells relatively well in Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, and Arizona. Follow Our ... ... Show details
Columbian Gold- TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comCOLUMBIAN GOLD. i got this recipe from a friend, i have changed it slightly. i hope that you enjoy this delicious coffee sensation. you can use any chocolate, coffee and cinnamon liquers that you prefer. Time: 10 minutes. Steps: make 1 cup of strong coffee , keep warm; in a small pot add half and half cream with chocolate and coffee liquers ; heat on low about 3 minutes , whisking constantly ... ... Show details
columbian gold recipe - webetutorial
Recipe From : webetutorial.comColumbian gold is the best recipe for foodies. It will take approx 10 minutes to cook. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make columbian gold at your home.. The ingredients or substance mixture for columbian gold recipe that are useful to cook such type of recipes … ... Show details
Columbia Gold Recipe - HowToCook.in
Recipe From : howtocook.in2009-03-23 · Columbia Gold Recipe. Ingredients. 1 1/4 oz Yukon Jack Canadian whisky 3/4 oz strawberry liqueur; 4 oz orange juice. Blend well with large scoop of ice. Published March 23, 2009 By admin. Categorized as ... ... Show details
Columbian Gold Recipe
Recipe From : recipenode.comColumbian Gold coffee, cream, liqueur, sugar, chocolate Ingredients 1 cup strong coffee (columbian) 1 1/2 ounces half-and-half cream 1 ounce coffee liqueur (Kahlua) 1 ounce chocolate liqueur (Godiva) 1 ounce cinnamon schnapps (Red Hot) Whipping cream (garnish) 2 teaspoons white fine sugar (rimming & garnish) 1 teaspoon chocolate, flakes (garnish) (optional) Directions. Make 1 cup of strong ... ... Show details
Colombian Gold Strain Review - WayofLeaf
Recipe From : wayofleaf.com2018-11-29 · Recipes; Education; Blog; Cannabis / Strain Reviews. Updated Colombian Gold Marijuana Strain Review. Written by Editorial Team. Updated on: 17 Mar, 2021. 4 min read. 7 comments. Colombian Gold Strain Overview . Originating in Colombia, this treasure of a strain known as Colombian Gold is one heck of a bud. It features an uplifting and energetic high that will keep you on … ... Show details
12 Columbian Recipes ideas | columbian recipes, recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comJan 21, 2018 - Explore Mary Ann Cotten's board "Columbian Recipes" on Pinterest. See more ideas about columbian recipes, recipes, colombian food. ...
World Best Flakes : Columbian Gold
Recipe From : worldbestflakerecipes.blogspot.comColumbian Gold Total Time: 10 mins Preparation Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 5 mins Ingredients. 1 cup strong coffee (columbian) 1 1/2 ounces half-and-half cream ; 1 ounce coffee liqueur (kahlua) 1 ounce chocolate liqueur (godiva) 1 ounce cinnamon schnapps (red hot) whipping cream (garnish) 2 teaspoons fine sugar (rimming & garnish) 1 teaspoon chocolate, flakes (garnish) (optional) Recipe. 1 make 1 ... ... Show details
77 Columbian recipes ideas | columbian recipes, recipes ...
Recipe From : in.pinterest.comOct 8, 2020 - Explore Christina's board "columbian recipes", followed by 1431 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about columbian recipes, recipes, colombian food. ...
1970's Marijuana Strains: Where Are They Now? | Leafbuyer
Recipe From : leafbuyer.com2019-02-15 · Colombian Gold. Colombian Gold is also a landrace sativa which produces a lemony, sweet scent with happy effects that may help regulate mood. Originating in the mountains of Colombia, this strain is less prevalent in some regions, but several dispensaries in the Pacific Northwest and Colorado still carry this old school strain. Averaging between 14 and 20 percent THC, this strain … ... Show details
Diners drive ins and dives columbian food recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comCrecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Diners drive ins and dives columbian food recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Diners drive ins and dives columbian food recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 98% Roasted Red Pepper and Goat cheese Alfredo Pasta This roasted red pepper and cheese Alfred pasta ... ... Show details
120 Columbian Recipes ideas | colombian food, recipes ...
Recipe From : in.pinterest.comSee more ideas about colombian food, recipes, columbian recipes. Sep 15, 2020 - Colombian food thanks to geographical variety, a tropical climate, and the influence of many immigrant populations. There are exotic dishes like roasted ants (homiga culona), guinea pig, and fried intestines (chunchillos), as well as comfort foods like arepas and chicken soup (sancocho de gallina). Traditional ... ...
Colombian Empanadas | Recipe | Recipes, Colombian food ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caMar 20, 2018 - These classic Colombian empanadas feature a crunchy cornmeal dough, filled with a creamy, aromatic beef and potato filling, spiced with cumin and Sazon. ... Show details
Colombian Gold Seeds - Feminized - DutchSeedsShop.com
Recipe From : dutchseedsshop.comColombian Gold seeds germinate and sprout to bear buds unique in flavor, head-high effects, and aroma. The strain gained much popularity within the U.S in the 1960s and 1970s, making it an old-school landrace. The parent strains for Colombian Gold feminized seeds are popular today. However, we cannot overlook their offspring, whose effects leave users high as a kite, yearning for more. Without ... ... Show details
Colombian Empanadas (Authentic Recipe) - A Cozy Kitchen
Recipe From : acozykitchen.com2014-03-03 · Keyword: colombian empanadas, colombian recipes, empanadas. Prep Time: 15 mins. Cook Time: 30 mins. Total Time: 45 mins. Serving Size: 12. Ingredients. Dough: 2 1/2 cup (290 g) corn flour (P.A.N. brand or Maseca both work) 1 teaspoon kosher ; 3/4 cup warm water plus a splash or two of water; 2 teaspoons olive oil; Simple Tomato Aji: 3 ripe-vine tomatoes de-seeded and diced; 1 shallot … ...