COLUMBIA'S 1905 SALAD RECIPE
- Combine lettuce, tomato, ham, Swiss cheese and olives in a large salad bowl. Before serving, add "1905" Dressing, Romano cheese, Worcestershire and the juice of 1 lemon. Toss well and serve immediately.
- Make the dressing: Mix olive oil, garlic and oregano in a bowl with a wire whisk. Stir in vinegar, gradually beating to form an emulsion, and then season with salt and pepper. For best results, prepare 1 to 2 days in advance and refrigerate.
COLUMBIA'S ORIGINAL "1905" SALAD
1905 is the year that the Columbia Restaurant was founded in the Ybor City section of Tampa, Florida. At this legendary restaurant, this wonderful salad is tossed at your table. Don't forget to have some warm Cuban bread and sweet cream butter to serve along with this delicious salad.
Provided by Alan in SW Florida
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Toss together all salad ingredients in a large bowl, except Romano cheese.
- Mix garlic, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Beat until smooth with a wire whisk. Add olive oil, gradually beating to form an emulsion. Stir in vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to salad and toss well. Add Romano cheese and toss one more time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.3, Fat 33.9, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 24, Sodium 475.2, Carbohydrate 7.2, Fiber 2, Sugar 3.4, Protein 9.8
- In a large bowl, mix together the iceberg lettuce, cut tomatoes, celery stalks, Swiss cheese, ham, and Spanish olives.
- Mix garlic, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Beat until smooth with a wire whisk. Add olive oil, gradually beating to form an emulsion. Stir in vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss well. Add Romano and toss again.
ADAPTED COLUMBIA RESTAURANT 1905 SALAD RECIPE
I found this recipe on MyGourmetConnection.com and here is what was stated about this recipe: "The Columbia Restaurant is an authentic Spanish/Cuban restaurant with seven locations in the state of Florida, including one in the Orlando area near Walt Disney World. The original opened in the Ybor City district of Tampa in 1905. Their signature salad, The 1905, is legendary and the proprietors are kind enough to share the recipe on their website. We've adapted it a little to suit our taste and served it along with crunchy Smoked Paprika-Manchego Croutons. The croutons themselves, sound awesome but knowing how good the salad is at the restaurant and adding them to it has to be over the top. This serves 2 as a dinner salad and 4 for a first course dish.
Provided by diner524
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Combine the butter, olive oil, garlic, paprika and sea salt in a small bowl. Spread on the rounds of bread and top each with a portion of the grated Manchego. Bake until toasty and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Toss the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, Swiss cheese, ham and olives in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, Worcestershire, vinegar and lemon juice. Gradually whisk in the olive oil to form an emulsion. Add the dressing to salad and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with the grated Parmesan and serve with Smoked Paprika-Manchego Croutons.
COLUMBIA RESTAURANT'S ORIGINAL 1905 SALAD
In Tampa, Florida, this salad is a city-wide obsession.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, ham and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, continually beating to form an emulsion. Stir in the vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the pecorino, toss and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.8 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 39 mg, Fat 39.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 574.2 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
More about "columbias original 1905 salad recipes"
COLUMBIA'S 1905 SALAD RECIPE - ORLANDO SENTINEL
COLUMBIA'S 1905 SALAD - THE TRAVEL BITE
1905 SALAD RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (7)Category Copycat RecipesServings 4Calories 364 per serving
MAKE THE FAMOUS COLUMBIA 1905 SALAD RECIPE FOR DINNER …
4.8/5 (4)Servings 4Cuisine American
EASY WEEKNIGHT MEALS: ORIGINAL COLUMBIA '1905' SALAD RECIPE AND …
COLUMBIA'S ORIGINAL "1905" SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
SHORTCUT 1905 SALAD RECIPE - GRILLED CHEESE SOCIAL
1905 SALAD COLUMBIA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
COLUMBIA S ORIGINAL 1905 SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
COLUMBIA RESTAURANT’S “1905” SALAD - POPULAR RECIPES ON THE WEB
COLUMBIAS ORIGINAL 1905 SALAD RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN | 1905 …
BEST SALAD RECIPE - THE ICONIC 1905 SALAD FROM COLUMBIA RESTAURANT
BEST COLUMBIA'S ORIGINAL "1905" SALAD RECIPES
“1905” COLUMBIA SALAD - SALTY SIDE DISH RECIPES
COLUMBIA RESTAURANT'S 1905 SALAD - SOULFULLY MADE
COLUMBIA'S ORIGINAL "1905" SALAD AND DRESSING - BIGOVEN
COLUMBIA'S 1905 SALAD (COPYCAT) LEFTOVERS THEN BREAKFAST
COLUMBIA RESTAURANTS 1905 SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
COLUMBIA'S ORIGINAL "1905" SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM - PINTEREST
1905 COLUMBIAN SALAD - COPYCAT RECIPE - COOKING WITH CHELSEA
MAKING THE COLUMBIA RESTAURANT’S “1905” SALAD WITH ANDREA …
COLUMBIA'S 1905 SALAD | RECIPE | RECIPES, 1905 SALAD RECIPE
COLUMBIA RESTAURANT FAMOUS 1905 SALAD ON BAKESPACE.COM
COOKBOOK BITES: THE COLUMBIA RESTAURANT "1905 SALAD"
COLUMBIA RESTAURANT'S 1905 SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COOKBOOK JUNGLE: THE COLUMBIA’S ORIGINAL “1905” SALAD
COLUMBIA'S ORIGINAL "1905" SALAD | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
COLUMBIA’S ICONIC 1905 SALAD RECIPE - WHAT MORGAN DOES
1905 SALAD!! HERITAGE RECIPE!! - YOUTUBE
COLUMBIA'S 1905 SALAD RECIPE - MSN
1905 SALAD DRESSING RECIPE - “1905” SALAD ® COLUMBIA RESTAURANT …
COLUMBIA RESTAURANT’S “1905” SALAD - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a 1905 salad?This original 1905 salad is a favorite menu item. 4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn into 1 ½ inch pieces. Combine lettuce, tomato, ham, Swiss cheese and olives in a large salad bowl. Before serving, add “1905” Dressing, Romano cheese, Worcestershire and the juice of 1 lemon.
Why is it called Columbia salad?The Columbia salad also became known as Tampa’s 1905 Salad due to the location of Columbia restaurants. Columbia restaurants offered a new salad dressing consisting of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and Romano cheese. What is the oldest salad?
Does Columbia have a secret sauce in their salad dressing?In celebration of Columbia’s 75th anniversary, it was renamed the 1905 Salad. And the salad is now so popular that the Columbia is the biggest restaurant consumer of Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire sauce in the country. And THAT is the “secret sauce” in the dressing recipe below.
What to eat at Columbia's 1905?The Columbia's 1905 Salad Recipe is an iconic dish from the oldest Spanish restaurant in the Tampa area right in the heart of Ybor City, FL. A Tampa classic with cool and crisp lettuce with Swiss cheese, ham, tomatoes, celery, and Spanish olives is married to a tangy delicious homemade salad dressing that has a unique flavor.