COOL JADE SOUP
The inspiration for test kitchen director Ruth Cousineaus velvety chilled bean soup comes from Mediterranean-cooking authority Claudia Roden's recipe for bissara, an Egyptian bean-and-herb purée. The beans here are lima and green, simmered in chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth if you want to go vegetarian) and then puréed until silky. The herbs-parsley, cilantro, dill, and mint-are blended with olive oil so that you can finish the soup with a verdant drizzle, but dont think of the herb oil as merely a garnish: Its bright flavor brings everything together.
Provided by Ruth Cousineau
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Simmer lima and green beans, water, broth, scallions, cumin, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan over medium heat, covered, until beans are tender, about 15 minutes. Purée mixture in batches in a blender until very smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Force purée through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding solids. Chill (covered once cool) until cold, about 1 hour.
- While soup chills, purée herbs with oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in cleaned blender.
- Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve with herb oil swirled in.
- Chop chicken very fine, or put in a blender or food processor. Soak chopped chicken in 1/2°C of chicken stock.
- Beat egg whites stiff then gently fold in cornstarch, chicken, and 1 tsp of salt. Set aside.
- Cook spinach in a small amount of boiling water, drain well then squeeze out water and chop very fine.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry spinach for 30 seconds. Pour remaining 4°C chicken stock and sherry over spinach and bring to a boil. Add chicken mixture and bring to a boil, stirring rapidly.
- Season with 1 teaspoons salt. Thicken with dissolved cornstarch.
COOL CUCUMBER SOUP
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 4 servings, serving size: 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, cucumber, scallion and dill. Pulse until pureed. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Ladle into individual bowls. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of diced tomato, drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and garnish with a dill sprig.
- Excellent source of: Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium
- Good source of: Vitamin K.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 calorie, Fat 2.5 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Cholesterol 5 milligrams, Sodium 140 milligrams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 11 grams
GIADA'S "HOUSE" SOUP
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the leek, chopped carrot and fennel and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper flakes. Saute slowly until the vegetables are very soft but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the white beans and farro and toast for a minute or two, then add the tomatoes with their juices and the chicken stock, thyme, parmesan rind and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a steady simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are tender but not mushy; they should be firm and separate. Season with salt.
- Add the kielbasa, kale and sliced carrot. Cook until the kale and carrot are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs and parmesan rind. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of grated parmesan and a squeeze of lemon, if you like.
EGG DROP SOUP (BETTER THAN RESTAURANT QUALITY!)
After many many trips to different Chinese restaurants looking for a good bowl of egg drop soup, I decided to take it upon myself to create what I feel is the ultimate in egg drop soup. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Provided by Darren
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Stir together the cornstarch and water to dissolve cornstarch; pour into the boiling broth. Stir gently while you pour in the egg and yellow food coloring if using. Season with chives, salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.8 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 191 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 1395.7 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
COOL AS A CUCUMBER SOUP
This chilled soup makes a wonderful appetizer or side on a hot summer day. Bright bursts of dill provide pleasant contrasts to the milder flavor of cucumber.-Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Squeeze and pat dry., Place the cucumbers, yogurt, onion and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill. Serve immediately in chilled bowls. Garnish with additional onion and dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "cool jade soup recipes"
JADE SOUP | THE MESSY BAKER
Reviews 6Servings 4Cuisine VegetarianCategory Soup
- Add the stock, potato, salt and pepper, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat down and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
JADE NOODLES - FEASTING AT HOME
COLD CUCUMBER SOUP WITH YOGURT AND DILL | CHILLED SOUP RECIPES
COOL AND HOT RECIPES - THE HOTTEST AND COOLEST RECIPES ONLINE!
36 COLD SOUP RECIPES TO KEEP YOU COOL THIS SUMMER
THE BEST RECIPES FROM JOE YONAN'S "COOL BEANS" | KITCHN
EASY (15 MINUTE) WONTON SOUP RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
GREEN JADE SOUP - BROOKFIELD FARM
COLD SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
27 BEST SOUP RECIPES FOR COLD DAYS - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPES – YAN CAN COOK
68 BEST HOMEMADE SOUP RECIPES AND IDEAS FOR COLD …
THE 10 BEST COLD SUMMER SOUP RECIPES
25 BEST COLD SOUP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PADMA LAKSHMI'S 3-INGREDIENT CHILLED CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE IS …
JAPANESE CLEAR SOUP RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
GREEN JADE SOUP RECIPE BY CHEF.FOODIE | IFOOD.TV
BEST YOGURT SOUP WITH CHICKPEAS RECIPE - EASY SUMMER SOUP IDEAS
PEARL JADE WHITE JADE SOUP - RECIPES LIST - PAGE 1 | DELICIOUS …
COOL JADE, EDINBURGH - MURRAYFIELD - MENU, PRICES & RESTAURANT …
GREEN JADE SOUP,CORN SOUP,CORN JADE SOUP RECIPE | VAHREHVAH
35 CREAMY SOUP RECIPES THAT WILL MELT YOUR HEART
SIMPLE WONTON SOUP: OUR FAMILY'S GO-TO RECIPE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
GREEN JADE SOUP - CROSSROADS COMMUNITY FARM
141 BEST SOUP RECIPES - EASY, SIMPLE IDEAS FOR SOUP
GREEN JADE SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
100 BEST SOUP RECIPES | MYRECIPES
JADE WHITE JADE TOFU SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CREAMY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
COOL AND CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP – DR. KELLYANN
COLD CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
30 BEST COMFORT SOUPS - FOODIECRUSH.COM
OUR 20 MOST POPULAR SOUP RECIPES EVER! - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
QUICK AND EASY CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP - INSPIRED TASTE
COOL JADE SOUP | SWEETWATER ORGANIC FARM
SPINACH SOUP | PALAK SOUP RECIPE BY SWASTHI'S RECIPES
27 HEALTHY VEGETARIAN SOUP RECIPES - COOKIE AND KATE
FREEZABLE SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
20 CHILLED SOUP RECIPES TO HELP YOU COOL OFF - BRIT + CO
ARUBA - RECIPES - COOL ISLAND SOUP - VISITARUBA.COM
COOL JADE SOUP RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
You'll also love