WALDORF SALAD (MIRACLE WHIP & COOL WHIP)
I am shocked that this recipe wasn't in the other 89 recipes for Waldorf Salad. I truly though up until right now that my family's recipe was the ONLY Waldorf salad that existed, lol. We always make this at Thanksgiving & Christmas. This isn't really a measuring recipe, so I'll guesstimate on the measurements this will make me enter. We start the dressing part by throwing in a wooden spoon full of Miracle Whip and a heaping wooden spoonful of Cool Whip, then add a bit here and there to taste. We usually use about half green apples and half red; we use whatever grapes we can find during the holidays. Cook time is chill time.
Provided by Tina A
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Dice apples and put into large mixing bowl.
- Slice grapes into halves, removing seeds, if applicable. Add halved grapes and pecans to apples.
- Fold Miracle Whip and Cool Whip into fruit and nuts. Adjust either "whip" to your preference.
- Chill one hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.7, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 2.8, Sodium 90.1, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 14.4, Protein 0.9
WALDORF SALAD III
- Dice apples with skin still on. Place in a bowl of water with a little lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and orange juice. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Drain the apples and add to the mayonnaise mixture, along with the celery and raisins. Stir until ingredients are evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.5 calories, Carbohydrate 35.4 g, Cholesterol 28.7 mg, Fat 42 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 319.3 mg, Sugar 27.2 g
FROZEN WALDORF SALAD
While I was growing up on a farm in western Kansas, we always had lots of hungry men around during harvesttime. This salad is one we served often since it was easy to increase and we could prepare it ahead of time.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine juice with sugar, eggs and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Stir in pineapple, celery, apples and pecans. Fold in whipped cream. , Pour into a 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze until firm. Let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 40mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
WALDORF SALAD WITH WHIPPING CREAM
I found this recipe in a local cookbook. The whipping cream makes it a little different than the usual Waldorf salad, but it's always good with any meal. -Romaine Wetzel, Ronks, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Stir in celery and walnuts. , In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and remaining lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Gently stir into fruit mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts :
SIMPLE WALDORF SALAD
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Add the apples, celery, raisins and walnuts if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together well and serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 736 calories, Carbohydrate 44.9 g, Cholesterol 20.9 mg, Fat 63.1 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 343.3 mg, Sugar 30.5 g
MIRACLE WHIP AWESOME WALDORF SALAD
Get read for the kids to exclaim "Awesome!" when you set the table with our MIRACLE WHIP Awesome Waldorf Salad. Full of the tastes you would expect―like apples, celery and chicken―that added zip of MIRACLE WHIP is what truly makes this recipe an awesome Waldorf salad.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 22 g
Apples, nuts and celery-a classic combination. The best part? You need only 10 minutes to throw it all together!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and milk in medium bowl.
- Stir in apples, celery and nuts. Serve on salad greens. Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 5, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 180 mg
FROZEN WALDORF SALAD
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and salt over med heat, stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip cream and fold it into the cooled syrup mixture. Stir in marshmallows, grapes, pineapples, apples, celery and nuts.
- Spread mixture into an 8 by 8-inch pan and freeze until frozen throughout, at least 2 hours.
- Remove the salad from freezer 5 minutes before serving. Then cut into 8 squares. Garnish with a cherry and a sprig of fresh mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
This is the original Waldorf Salad recipe which I clipped out of the newspaper several years ago. My mother made this salad often--it must have been a favorite of hers also. Newer versions have left out some of the ingredients which add variety in texture and taste. It's a classic American salad which was developed by the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City.
Provided by Mary Leverington
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine first six ingredients; sprinkle lemon juice on top.
- Combine gently--best to use your hands to mix.
- Mix mayonnaise with sugar and cream and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Dress the salad with this.
- Chill before serving.
- Can be prepared several hours ahead of time if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.8, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 5.5, Sodium 23.2, Carbohydrate 25.8, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 18.1, Protein 2.4
More about "cool whip waldorf salad recipes"
EASY FRUIT SALAD WITH COOL WHIP RECIPE • THE SIMPLE PARENT
WALDORF SALAD – LEMON TREE DWELLING
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD - FEAST AND FARM
26 BEST COOL WHIP RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, DESSERT RECIPES
GOLDA'S FROZEN WALDORF SALAD | PAULA DEEN
10 BEST COOL WHIP SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
WALDORF SALAD WITH COOL WHIP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
WALDORF SALAD USING COOL WHIP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
WALDORF SALAD WITH COOL WHIP BEST RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD WITH COOL WHIP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
WALDORF SALAD USING COOL WHIP RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
WALDORF SALAD COOL WHIP - COOKEATSHARE - RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD RECIPE COOL WHIP – TACO SALAD TOPPINGS RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
16 DELICIOUS WALDORF SALAD RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, DELICIOUS SALADS ...
COOL WHIP WALDORF SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WALDORF SALAD WITH COOL WHIP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
EASY WALDORF SALAD | IT'S ONE OF OUR EASY KRAFT RECIPES
10 BEST JELLO SALAD WITH COOL WHIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
WALDORF SALAD - COOKNEASY HOLIDAY DISHES, SALADS, SIDES
WALDORF SALAD MARSHMALLOWS COOLWHIP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
EASY AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE WITH COOL WHIP - THE TASTY TIP
WALDORF SALAD WITH COOL WHIP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
WALDORF SALAD - DELICIOUS HOLIDAY SIDE DISH RECIPE!
AMBROSIA WALDORF SALAD - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
FOOD LOVIN' FAMILY - EASY, FAMILY FRIENDLY RECIPES.
WALDORF SALAD RECIPES DREAM WHIP - FOOD NEWS
WALDORF SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS - CHEERFUL COOK
25 BEST COOL WHIP SALADS IDEAS | DELICIOUS DESSERTS, COOKING …
AMBROSIA SALAD WITH COOL WHIP - EASY BUDGET RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD RECIPE WITH GRAPES AND MARSHMALLOWS?
RECIPE: WALDORF SALAD (USING COOL WHIP AND ORANGE JUICE …
You'll also love