COUNTRY DIJON BEEF STEW
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium. Add onions and mushrooms, cook 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Toss beef with 3 tablespoons flour. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pot, increasing heat to medium-high. Brown half the beef for 2 minutes. Repeat oil and beef browning with remaining meat. Transfer to the onion bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Whisk 1/2 can of beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in the pot, scraping up brown bits. Add the mixture from the bowl back to the pot along with remaining broth and optional red wine. Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in carrots. Cover and cook 45 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons water and remaining 1 tablespoon flour, along with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir into stew and cook 3 minutes until thickened.
- Serve over noodles if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.1, Fat 15.7, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 104.9, Sodium 265.4, Carbohydrate 8.4, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 2, Protein 32.9
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW
This rich, comforting stew was brought to The Times by Regina Schrambling in 2001, in the dark days immediately following the attacks on the World Trade Center. The accompanying article was an ode to the therapeutic benefits of cooking and baking: "Whoever said cooking should be entered into with abandon or not at all had it wrong. Going into it when you have no hope is sometimes just what you need to get to a better place. Long before there were antidepressants, there was stew." This one, while complex in flavor, is not difficult to prepare, but it cannot be rushed. Make it when you have the time to indulge in the meditative qualities of chopping, sautéing, reducing, braising, waiting and tasting. You will be rewarded with an exceptionally flavorful dish that is just as satisfying to eat as it was to cook.
Provided by Regina Schrambling
Categories dinner, lunch, soups and stews, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place salt pork in a Dutch oven over low heat, and cook until fat is rendered. Remove solid pieces with a slotted spoon, and discard. Raise heat, and add onion and shallots. Cook until softened but not browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a large bowl.
- If necessary, add 2 tablespoons butter to the pot to augment fat. Dust beef cubes with flour, and season with salt and pepper. Shake off excess flour, and place half the cubes in the pot. Cook over medium-high heat until well browned, almost crusty, on all sides, then transfer to a bowl with onions. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add Cognac to the empty pot, and cook, stirring, until the bottom is deglazed and the crust comes loose. Add stock, Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon Pommery mustard. Whisk to blend, then return meat and onion mixture to pot. Lower heat, partly cover, and simmer gently until meat is very tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, and continue simmering for 30 minutes, or until slices are tender. As they cook, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium-high, and sauté mushrooms until browned.
- Stir mushrooms into stew along with remaining mustard and red wine. Simmer 5 minutes, then taste, and adjust seasoning. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 609, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 40 grams, SaturatedFat 17 grams, Sodium 1167 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 1 gram
DIJON STEAK AND POTATO STEW
Frozen cut green beans and jarred beef gravy impart down-home flavor to a satisfying meat-and-potato stew.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle beef with peppered seasoned salt. In 4-quart Dutch oven or 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown.
- Stir in gravy, water, mustard and thyme until well blended. Stir in potatoes, green beans and carrots. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 20 to 22 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and beans are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 5 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1370 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
FRENCH BEEF STEW
- Combine meat and flour in a large plastic food storage bag and toss to coat evenly.
- In a 6 quart saucepan brown meat in hot vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, carrots, potatoes and thyme. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover; and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- Blend in mustard and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.6 calories, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 57 mg, Fat 20.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 490.7 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW RECIPE - (3.8/5)
Provided by bjlazyl
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place salt pork in a Dutch oven or a large heavy kettle over low heat, and cook until fat is rendered. Remove solid pieces with a slotted spoon, and discard. Raise heat, and add onion and shallots. Cook until softened but not browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a large bowl. If necessary, add 2 tablespoons butter to the pan to augment fat. Dust beef cubes with flour, and season with salt and pepper. Shake off excess flour, and place half the cubes in the pan. Cook over medium-high heat until well browned, almost crusty, on all sides, then transfer to a bowl with onions. Repeat with remaining beef. Add cognac to the empty pan, and cook, stirring, until the bottom is deglazed and the crust comes loose. Add stock, Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon Pommery mustard. Whisk to blend, then return meat and onion mixture to pan. Lower heat, cover pan partway, and simmer gently until meat is very tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Add carrots, and continue simmering for 30 minutes, or until slices are tender. As they cook, heat 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté mushrooms until browned and tender. Stir mushrooms into stew along with remaining mustard and red wine. Simmer 5 minutes, then taste, and adjust seasoning. Serve hot.
DIJON BEEF TENDERLOIN
I like having an ace recipe up my sleeve, and this tenderloin with Dijon is my go-to for birthdays, buffets and holidays. -Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, NC
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from pan; keep warm., In same pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in stock; bring to a boil. Cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in mustard; remove from heat. Cube remaining butter; stir into sauce just until blended. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 21g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 88mg cholesterol, Sodium 626mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
FRENCH COUNTRY BEEF STEW
- Combine meat and flour in plastic bag; toss to coat evenly.
- Brown meat in oil in 6-quart pot. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients, except mustard.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender. Blend in mustard.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with warm crusty French bread, if desired.
More about "country dijon beef stew recipes"
DIJON BEEF STEW - SOUPADDICT
5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 353 per serving
- While the oil heats, toss the beef cubes in the flour and add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and paprika (if using).
- Add beef to cover the bottom of the pot (you'll probably need to sear the beef in batches). Let one side brown and get slightly crispy, then flip and cook the other side. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining beef. This will take 5 to 15 minutes, depending on how many batches you need to do.
- If the pot is dry, add a quick pour of oil, followed by the bacon. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until much of the fat has rendered and the meaty portions are starting to crisp up (about 10 minutes).
DIJON BEEF STEW - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (36)Calories 164 per servingTotal Time 8 hrs 25 mins
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine onions and carrots. Top with meat. In a small bowl stir together the tomatoes, broth, mustard, garlic, thyme, tarragon, and pepper. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with parsley.
DIJON BEEF STEW – BON APPETIT BABY!
COUNTRY DIJON BEEF STEW | HOMEMADE SOUP RECIPE, BEEF STEW …
BEST EVER ONE POT BEEF STEW - THE COUNTRY COOK
DIJON-AND-COGNAC-BEEF-STEW – SMITTEN KITCHEN
WORLD BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES: COUNTRY DIJON BEEF STEW
COUNTRY DIJON BEEF STEW | RECIPE | BEEF STEW RECIPE, STEW RECIPES, …
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW - THE AMATEUR GOURMET
IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COUNTRY-STYLE OVEN BEEF STEW | CANADIAN GOODNESS
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW - BITES OUT OF LIFE
BEEF STEW WITH BRANDY & DIJON | IDIOT'S KITCHEN
COUNTRY STYLE BEEF STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TERRI'S RECIPES | COUNTRY DIJON BEEF STEW
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW - BIGOVEN.COM
DIJON BEEF STEW | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW - THE SEASONED MOM
BEEF STEW WITH DIJON AND COGNAC – A TOAST AND TEA
FARMHOUSE AMISH BEEF STEW - EASY, DELICIOUS - AMISH365.COM
DIJON BEEF STEW — ANN TAYLOR PITTMAN
BEEF STEW WITH DIJON AND COGNAC - EATING WITH CHEF ERIC
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW – SMITTEN KITCHEN
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW – SOUR CHERRY FARM
COUNTRY-STYLE BEEF STEW | METRO
CROCK POT COUNTRY BEEF STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPE | PAVILIONS
TWO DISTINCTLY FRENCH INGREDIENTS FLAVOR DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW
FRENCH COUNTRY BEEF STEW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RECIPE | VONS
FAMILY CIRCLE RECIPE - COUNTRY DIJON BEEF STEW
COMFORT IN THE KITCHEN: DIJON BEEF STEW WITH BRANDY AND SHALLOTS
SUNDAY DINNER: DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW - SAVOR
DIJON AND COGNAC BEEF STEW - HERON EARTH
RECIPES WITH BEEF STEW MEAT AND EGG NOODLES | DEPORECIPE.CO
You'll also love