CORN & LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE - (4.1/5)
Provided by LisaRich
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour a tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until blended. Continue stirring to make a light brown roux, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the onions, corn, shallots, celery, garlic, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 4 minutes. Slowly stir in the stock. Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the milk, cream, and the crab boil, if using. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir in the lobster meat and green onions and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Ladle into shallow soup cups or bowls and serve hot. Yield: 4 to 6 servings Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes
LOBSTER CORN BISQUE
I have several friends who hold soup parties in the fall. This is one you can use to impress your friends, and it's quite easy.
Provided by DrBuzzetta
Yield 5-6 quarts, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Melt butter and olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat; add celery, garlic, onions, shallots, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes to release juices and soften vegetables - make sure garlic doesn't brown or the flavor may be bitter.
- In a blender, add Marsala wine, lobster base, and 1 cup of the water; and blend.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour blender contents back into stock pot, and add remaining 2 1/2 cups water, bay leaves, and corn.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and half and half, and simmer for 20-30 minutes - try to keep it from boiling; you want a gentle simmer.
- Add green onions and lobster/crab meat, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with oyster crackers and enjoy.
- I will put this in a 6 quart crock pot to bring it to soup parties or potlucks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 593.4, Fat 52.2, SaturatedFat 30.1, Cholesterol 218.8, Sodium 1438.8, Carbohydrate 16.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 1.4, Protein 13.8
- Twist off the claws and tails from the lobsters. Remove the meat, discarding the green tomalley and reserving the shells. Coarsely chop the meat to measure about 2 1/2 cups, and transfer to a bowl; cover and chill.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a Dutch oven over medium. Add the lobster shells, and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the sherry, and cook until the liquid is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the celery, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, 4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until reduced to about 2 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard the solids. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium. Add the onions, carrots, mushrooms, tomato paste, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the reserved lobster stock and simmer until reduced to about 2 cups, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Place over medium heat, stir in the milk and cream, and bring to a simmer. Add the lobster meat, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish.
- To serve, ladle the bisque into bowls and top with the reserved lobster meat and chives.
PERFECT LOBSTER BISQUE
This is a decadent lobster bisque that is surprisingly easy to prepare. Your guests will be impressed and feel pampered. I serve this with salad and hot, buttered French bread.
Provided by LAURA_G123
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, celery, and carrot. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable and broth mixture into the container of a blender, and add 1/4 cup of the lobster meat. Cover, and process until smooth. Return to the saucepan, and stir in the half-and-half, white wine, and remaining lobster meat. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 66.2 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 553.6 mg, Sugar 1 g
QUICK LOBSTER BISQUE
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir flour, sea salt, celery salt, and black pepper into the butter. Gradually stir half-and-half into the mixture, taking care that no lumps form. Add lobster stock; stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, until the soup begins to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Stir lobster, tomato paste, onion, and celery into the soup; season with paprika, thyme, and seafood seasoning. Continue cooking the soup to heat the onion and celery, about 10 minutes. Add cream; stir. Cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13.1 g, Cholesterol 148 mg, Fat 34.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 17.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.2 g, Sodium 683.1 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
LOBSTER BISQUE WITH GARLIC CROUTONS
I was in a jam to find a recipe for lobster bisque to take to our gourmet club's French dinner, and after studying, scrutinizing, and adapting the best of several different recipes for it, came up with this one.My gourmet club has some pretty accomplished cooks, and they all raved about it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too!Sounds like a lot of directions, but comes together in less than 1 1/2 hrs!
Provided by imatrad
Yield 16-18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Melt 1/4 pound butter in large deep stock pot, over medium high heat.
- Add celery, onion, shallot and saute till transparent.
- Melt remaining 3/4 pound butter in same pot, and add flour, mix into a roux.
- Cook till a light golden brown, approximately 3-4 min, stirring constantly.
- Add lobster base(I use "Better Than Bouillon" brand)hot water, tomato paste, paprika, bay leaves and white pepper.
- Stir using a wire whisk until mixture is smooth and starts to thicken.
- Add heavy cream and dry sherry and reduce heat to low, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil, and add the lobster tails, and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- When cooked, remove lobster tails to cool, then peel and coarsely chop the meat.
- Then, add the lobster meat to the soup, and blend the soup in 3-4 batches in the blender till smooth.
- Top each bowl of bisque with garlic croutons and a sprinkle of minced chives.
- For quick garlic croutons:Melt butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.Add 1 tsp granulated garlic.Then remove crusts from 10 slices thick-cut bread (the kind sold for french toast)cut into 1 inch cubes, and add to skillet. Cook, stirring gently till lightly browned.Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664, Fat 54.9, SaturatedFat 32.5, Cholesterol 157.8, Sodium 382.9, Carbohydrate 26.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.6, Protein 4.9
More about "corn lobster bisque recipe 415"
SWEET CORN LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE | GIRLCARNIVORE.COM
4.5/5 (2)Category Soups & StewsCuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins
LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (2)Author Charlie TrotterCuisine FrenchCategory Main-Dish
- Prepare the lobster: Cook the lobsters in boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly underdone. Remove from the water and let cool slightly. Remove the lobster meat from the shells, reserving the meat and the shells. Coarsely chop the lobster meat.
- Prepare the corn: Remove husks from the corn and cut kernels off the cobs. Reserve the corn, cobs, and half of the husks.
- Make the bisque: Place the lobster shells, corn cobs, husks, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, and peppercorns in a stockpot and add enough water to barely cover. Simmer for 45 minutes, then strain through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the solids. Place the broth in a large saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes, or until reduced to 1 1/2 quarts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, place half of the corn kernels and the heavy cream. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the cream is reduced to about 1 cup. Remove from the heat and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
RECIPE: SHRIMP & CORN BISQUE - FOOD NEWS
EASY CORN AND CRAB BISQUE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CORN & LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE
LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE FOOD NETWORK - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BEST LOBSTER BISQUE (STREAMLINED, MAKE AHEAD, STEP BY STEP PHOTOS)
ALICE'S LOBSTER, CRAB AND CORN BISQUE - GEAUX ASK ALICE!
LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
RESTAURANT QUALITY LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE
CORN AND LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SIMPLIFIED LOBSTER BISQUE | RICARDO
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LOBSTER BISQUE - TASTE OF HOME
LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE FROM LEFTOVERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
LOBSTER BISQUE - A FRENCH SOUP BEST SERVED AS A STARTER - GREEDY …
EASY LOBSTER BISQUE - CAFE DELITES
CORN AND LOBSTER BISQUE – RECIPES THAT FIT
LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE RECIPE RECIPE
LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE – RECIPES NETWORK
CLASSIC FRENCH LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE
CREAMY CORN BISQUE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE
LOBSTER BISQUE | GIMME SOME OVEN
CORN AND LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC CREAMY LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CORN & LOBSTER BISQUE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE LOBSTER BISQUE - CAJUN COOKING TV
LOBSTER AND CORN BISQUE - FOODS AND DIET
LOBSTER BISQUE OR LOBSTER CORN CHOWDER? : ASKCULINARY
MAINE LOBSTER BISQUE
THE BEST LOBSTER BISQUE SOUP - RASA MALAYSIA
SEASONING FOR LOBSTER BISQUE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
RECIPE CORN AND LOBSTER BISQUE - YOUTUBE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lobster bisque?Add the onion, the carrots and simmer (again, do not boil) for 10 minutes. Add the cooked lobster meat and stir. Taste the bisque and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Stir in the Cognac and finally, the cream. Heat through until piping hot. Serve in hot bowls with a crusty baguette on the side.
How do you cook lobster with corn on the cob?Cut the meat into large cubes and place them in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Reserve the shells and all the juices that collect. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and set aside, reserving the cobs separately. For the stock, melt the butter in a stockpot or Dutch oven large enough to hold all the lobster shells and corncobs.
How to cook lobster Tenderloin?Directions. Add the mushrooms, onion, celery, and carrot. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the vegetable and broth mixture into the container of a blender, and add 1/4 cup of the lobster meat.
How do you make lobster soup with corn and potatoes?Add the potatoes, onions, celery, corn kernels, salt, and pepper to the same pot and saute for 5 minutes. When the stock is ready, remove the largest pieces of lobster shell and the corn cobs with tongs and discard. Place a strainer over the soup pot and carefully pour the stock into the pot with the potatoes and corn.