CRABMEAT BISQUE MADE EASY
This is not a thick soup, yet it is creamy and so smooth to the palette. The aroma when cooking makes you want some before the potatoes are soft. I have made modifications due to allergy to corn (such as rice flour). I allow mine to slow-simmer with lid slightly ajar. Stir often so the film does not form on top. I have doubled my batch and still never have any for the freezer.
Provided by Tammye S Green
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Spray a stockpot with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in the prepared stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir celery, onion, paprika, seafood seasoning, thyme, salt, and white pepper until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk flour into vegetable mixture until smooth and dissolved. Pour seafood stock over vegetable mixture.
- Mix half-and-half, cream, and milk into broth mixture; decrease heat and simmer until bisque is thickened, about 15 minutes. Add crabmeat and simmer bisque until crabmeat is heated through, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 194.7 mg, Fat 47.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 16.6 g, SaturatedFat 29 g, Sodium 458.7 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
CRAB MACARONI & CHEESE
Crab and mushrooms put a deliciously different spin on classic macaroni and cheese. It's an upscale casserole for special occasions...but my family could eat it every day!-Angela Ochoa, Lake Elsinore, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender; set aside., In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour, mustard, pepper, salt and paprika until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 3/4 cup each mozzarella and cheddar cheeses until blended. Remove from heat; fold in macaroni., Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter and basil. Transfer half the macaroni mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with reserved mushroom mixture, remaining macaroni mixture, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Top with crab and Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese., Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535 calories, Fat 29g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 118mg cholesterol, Sodium 534mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
CRAB MAC 'N' CHEESE BAKE
A seafood twist on a family favourite that's packed with sustainable shellfish. Serve with a lemony rocket salad
Provided by Tim Bouget
Categories Dinner, Main course, Pasta, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and grease a medium baking dish. Cook the macaroni following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a thick-bottomed pan and add the flour to make a thick paste, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Add the milk, little by little, to the paste, mixing until smooth. Cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add 150g cheese and whisk until smooth. Mix in the mustard, ketchup and cayenne. Drain the macaroni and return to the pan. Stir the cheese sauce into the cooked pasta, fold in the brown crabmeat and season.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 50g cheese on top and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until heated through. Remove from the oven and stand for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crab topping with some seasoning. Serve a big spoonful on top of each portion of the bake, then scatter over the dressed rocket (see 'Goes well with'). If making ahead, cool completely and leave in the fridge overnight. The next day, cut into slabs and reheat (covered in foil) for 10 mins in the oven at 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 623 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 61 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
CRAB MACARONI AND CHEESE
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the pasta: In a large pot, bring 4 quarts water and the salt to a rolling boil. It should taste like seawater. Stir in the macaroni and cook but leave quite firm, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- For the sauce: In a medium pot, reduce the wine over medium heat until the liquid measures about 1/2 cup, 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cream, mustard and a pinch of salt. Bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in the Swiss cheese, Cheddar, Parmesan, Worcestershire and hot sauce and warm until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the macaroni to the cream mixture and stir gently to blend. Allow the macaroni to rest on the stove so the pasta absorbs the flavors, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer half of the macaroni to a 9-by-13-inch oven-proof baking dish, sprinkle with half of the crab in an even layer. Gently layer on the remaining macaroni, and then another layer of crab.
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley and Swiss cheese. Top the pasta with the breadcrumbs and bake until browned and hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
CRAB BISQUE MACARONI AND CHEESE
I found this on the Wisconsin Dairy Board. I'm on a low carb diet so this is a no-no for now. I know just what I'm having when I go on my next planned "cheat." Someone make this quick so I can live vicariously through your review!
Provided by yooper
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter, until sizzling.
- Add onion, saute over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
- When butter is sizzling, whisk in flour.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until mixture is golden brown.
- Over medium heat, gradually whisk milk and chicken broth into flour-butter mixture, cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Stir in tomatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and add 1 cup each of the Monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Stir in crabmeat and sherry.
- Remove from heat.
- Place drained, cooked pasta in a 3-quart baking dish; pour cheese mixture over pasta and mix well.
- Sprinkle with mixture of remaining Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Broil about 5 inches from heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving.
MAC AND CHEESE CASSEROLE WITH IMITATION CRAB
I made this recipe at home and have loved it ever since.
Provided by ian
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add condensed soup, Cheddar cheese, imitation crab, milk, seafood seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and pepper to rotini; mix ingredients together. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl until crumbs are moist; spread evenly over the casserole mixture.
- Cook in the preheated oven until bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.6 calories, Carbohydrate 32.5 g, Cholesterol 54 mg, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 1023.6 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
CRAB MACARONI & CHEESE
This recipe is my mom's....I just added the crab :) Normally I put bacon or sausage in it, but decided on crab this last time since we had some fresh dungeness crab around. It was an experiment with the crab and it turned out really good! I used whole-grain rotini pasta (listed in the recipe), but just about any pasta would do. Also, I like to add sea salt to the water while the pasta is cooking. Adds a little more to the pasta (tip from a friend).
Provided by KBellon
Categories Macaroni And Cheese
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta, set aside.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute.
- Whisk in flour (will get thick).
- Start whisking in milk in small amounts until the sauce has a gravy-like consistency.
- Stir in cheese (I used a three-cheese blend) until melted.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the tomatoes and crab meat.
- Add (cooked) pasta to sauce and transfer to a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 722.7, Fat 28.1, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 74.7, Sodium 582.2, Carbohydrate 90.9, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 5.9, Protein 26.7
More about "crab bisque macaroni and cheese recipes"
BEST CRAB MAC & CHEESE - HOW TO MAKE CRAB MAC
5/5 (6)Category Dinner
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of boiling water, cook elbows according to package directions until al dente.
10 BEST CRAB MACARONI CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRAB MAC 'N' CHEESE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
BEST CRAB BISQUE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CRAB BISQUE
BAKED CRAB MAC AND CHEESE - CHEESY MACARONI WITH …
CRABMEAT MAC AND CHEESE | CRAB RECIPE | TRUE NORTH …
DUNGENESS CRAB MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE -SUNSET …
BAKED CRAB MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - ONE POT WONDER!
5 BEST CRAB MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES - PASTA.COM
- Baked Crab Mac n Cheese. Are you looking for a baked crab mac n cheese recipe that requires just one pot? Look no further! This yummy recipe incorporates ingredients like white wine vinegar, Old Bay seasoning, and crunchy breadcrumb topping, which helps to elevate its taste.
- Crab Cake Mac n Cheese. This crab cake mac n cheese recipe is brought to you courtesy of Rachael Ray. It’s fairly straightforward. You’ll start by cooking pasta noodles of your choice (either cavatappi or elbow are recommended).
- Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac and Cheese. This mac and cheese recipe is bursting with flavor in all the right ways. Depending on how much spice you like, you may want to adjust the Cayenne and Paprika amounts that you put in this dish.
- Crab and Bacon Mac and Cheese. For some, mac and cheese aren’t complete without bacon. We love this recipe because it’s easy. In just four steps, you’ll have a delicious meal that everyone will love.
- Stovetop Crab Macaroni and Cheese. This stovetop recipe has a little bit of a different take. It’s the perfect item to bring to any potluck or barbecue you’re headed to this summer.
CRAB BISQUE MACARONI AND WISCONSIN CHEESE | RECIPE GOLDMINE …
SUPER EASY CRAB BISQUE WITH IMMITATION OR REAL CRAB MEAT
CRAB MAC & CHEESE | RECIPE | CRAB BISQUE RECIPE, CRAB MAC AND …
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHEESE WITH TOMATO CRAB BISQUE
RECIPES LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRAB MAC AND CHEESE - SIMS HOME KITCHEN
CRAB MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
BLACK CREEK® CHEESE | CRAB BISQUE MACARONI & CHEESE
CRAB MAC AND CHEESE - ERICA'S RECIPES
CRAB MACARONI AND CHEESE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
FOUR-CHEESE CRAB MAC ’N’ CHEESE - VALERIE BERTINELLI
CRAB BISQUE MACARONI AND CHEESE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
MARYLAND-INSPIRED CRAB MACARONI AND CHEESE - TILLY'S TASTY TABLE
CRAB BISQUE RECIPE | CREAMY AND DELICIOUS | MADE EASY
SAPUTO SPECIALTY CHEESE | CRAB BISQUE MACARONI & CHEESE
GREAT MIDWEST CHEESE
BAKED CRAB MAC AND CHEESE - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
CRAB MACARONI & CHEESE WITH ROASTED GARLIC & BACON
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CRAB | OREGONIAN RECIPES
BAKED CRAB MAC 'N CHEESE RECIPE | BUMBLE BEE SEAFOODS
NIGELLA LAWSON’S CRAB MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE HAS FANS ... - METRO
OLD BAY® CRAB MAC & CHEESE | OLD BAY - MCCORMICK
CRAB MAC AND CHEESE - HONEYBUNCH HUNTS
CRAB MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
CREAMY CRAB BISQUE - COPYKAT RECIPES
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CRAB MEAT RECIPE - FOODIE FLAIR
RECIPE: CRAB BISQUE (CARNATION, 1980'S) - RECIPELINK.COM
CRAB BISQUE MACARONI AND CHEESE | ENJOY ALL OF THE FLAVOR OF CRAB ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #casseroles #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #seafood #american #oven #dinner-party #crab #cheese #broil #comfort-food #pasta-rice-and-grains #penne #shellfish #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love