CRAB AU GRATIN SPREAD
For a warm and winning appetizer, Suzanne Zick of Maiden, North Carolina serves this special cracker spread. It's rich tasting and easy to whip up with convenient canned crab.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and paprika until smooth. Gradually add the cream, milk and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the crab, mushrooms and chives; heat through. Stir in cheese just until melted., Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over crab mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 185mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CAJUN CRABMEAT AU GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish. In a bowl, whip together the egg yolks and heavy cream.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute the onion and celery about 5 minutes. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and Creole seasoning. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very tender.
- Mix the flour into the saucepan, and cook and stir continuously for 5 minutes. Mix in the egg yolk mixture. Stir in the 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and American cheese until melted. Remove from heat and fold in the crabmeat. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned. Remove from heat and top with the sharp Cheddar cheese and green onions. Allow the cheese to melt before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475.7 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 212.2 mg, Fat 37.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 22.9 g, Sodium 1166.7 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN
- Melt butter. Add onions, celery, bell pepper and pimiento and saute until soft.
- Stir in flour and blend well.
- Add hot half and half, stirring; cook, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Add wine, salt, and cayenne.
- Spread crabmeat in buttered baking dish; spoon sauce over crabmeat and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN
Make dinner and appetizers special with this quick and easy Crabmeat Au Gratin recipe. Add Zatarain's Creole Seasoning or Blackened Seasoning for a flavorful kick, and serve it up with fresh French bread.
Provided by Zatarain's
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-low heat. Add onion and parsley; cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add flour; cook and stir until lightly browned. Slowly stir in milk; continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, Creole Seasoning and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Gently stir in crabmeat. Pour mixture into greased 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble around the edges
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 Calories
CRAB MEAT AU GRATIN
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and blend well. Do not brown. Add the milk and cook, stirring with a whisk, until blended and smooth. Season with cayenne pepper, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the cream, bring to a boil and simmer briefly about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in half of the sherry, beat in the egg yolk well and remove from heat.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook them briefly until wilted. Add the crab meat and cook briefly, stirring gently. Sprinkle with the remaining sherry.
- Spoon the crab meat into a baking dish and smooth over with a spatula. Cover with the hot sauce and spoon it over with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place the dish under the broiler until golden brown and bubbling hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 479, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 30 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 895 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
NEW ORLEANS CRABMEAT AU GRATIN
This is such a good dish. I would order this every time we went to Don's Seafood Hut in Lafayette....still do when I go home to visit. I have tried many recipes, and this is the closest I can come to theirs. This is a collaboration of many different recipes I have tried.
Provided by SkinnyMinnie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic; sauté for 3-5 min or until vegetables are wilted. Be careful not to brown.
- Sprinkle in the flour, blending well into the mixture.
- Using a wire whisk, add the hot cream into the saucepan, stirring constantly until thick cream sauce is achieved.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, nutmeg, and hot sauce, stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in half of the Cheddar cheese, stirring the mixture constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If mixture becomes too thick, add a small amount of hot water or whipping cream.
- Place equal parts of the crabmeat in the bottom of 6 au gratin dishes, top with sauce-enough to cover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 min or until cheese is bubbly.
- Spread crabmeat on the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish, top with sauce, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 min or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 835.7, Fat 77.1, SaturatedFat 47.8, Cholesterol 317.9, Sodium 623.6, Carbohydrate 9.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.8, Protein 27.5
More about "crabmeat au gratin recipes"
CRAB MEAT AU GRATIN | OCEAN'S
10 BEST CRAB AU GRATIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
IMITATION CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
THE SMOLLETT FAMILY'S CRABMEAT POTATOES AU GRATIN
SHRIMP AND CRAB AU GRATIN | PAULA DEEN
CAJUN CRABMEAT AU GRATIN | LOVEFOODIES
VELVEETA CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - DEEP SOUTH DISH
CRAB MEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE—SIMPLE TO PREPARE AND …
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - PLAIN.RECIPES
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN EMERIL - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
SIMPLE CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - CAJUN COOKING
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - DEEP SOUTH DISH
JUMBO LUMP CRAB AU GRATIN | HOW TO FEED A LOON
CRAB AU GRATIN RECIPE - BISCUITS & BURLAP
NEW ORLEANS CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - BIGOVEN.COM
CREAMY CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
A RECIPE FOR CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - NEW ORLEANS MENU
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN FROM MIKE ANDERSON'S - CREOLE CAJUN CHEF
CRAB MEAT AU GRATIN (HOT AND CHEESY DIP RECIPE) - AMY IN THE …
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE IN 2022 | AU GRATIN …
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | AU GRATIN RECIPES ...
CRAB AND SHRIMP AU GRATIN - COPYKAT RECIPES
JUMBO LUMP GULF CRABMEAT AU GRATIN | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE | YUMMLY
NEW ORLEANS CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRAB MEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
AU GRATIN POTATOES RECIPE - MY CITY CUISINE
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - FOOD RECIPES
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN CHEF JOHN FOLSE - LAFOURCHE PARISH, LA
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN RECIPE FOR A PARTY | GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
SEAFOOD SHRIMP AND CRAB AU GRATIN RECIPE - A WELL SEASONED …
CRABMEAT AU GRATIN - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #very-low-carbs #appetizers #main-dish #seafood #american #southern-united-states #oven #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #spreads #crab #dietary #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #low-in-something #shellfish #brunch #taste-mood #savory #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook crab meat au gratin?This delicious Crab Meat Au Gratin dish is simple to prepare for a deeply satisfying comfort food. Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Add flour, stirring well—do not let brown. Stir in hot milk and continue stirring until it comes to a boil, then turn heat to simmer. Add seafood seasoning, then salt and pepper to taste.
What is in a crawfish and crab au gratin?Crawfish and Crab Au GratinCooking With Directions shredded Parmesan cheese, crawfish, milk, Cajun seasoning, all purpose flour and 2 more Crab Au GratinFood.com grated Parmesan cheese, celery, unsalted butter, fresh lemon juice and 7 more
What is the best way to cook crab meat for dinner?Stir in flour and blend well. Add hot half and half, stirring; cook, stirring until sauce thickens. Add wine, salt, and cayenne. Spread crabmeat in buttered baking dish; spoon sauce over crabmeat and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly. “This is a wonderful crabdish for a dinner party.
What's in Red Lobster's Crab au gratin?flour, butter, milk, onion, paprika, sliced mushrooms, chicken broth and 6 more Red Lobster's Crab Au GratinFood.com butter, all-purpose flour, salt, white pepper, crabmeat, crackers and 4 more Gluten Free Cajun Shrimp and Crab Au GratinA Sprinkling of Cayenne Louisiana Hot Sauce, tapioca flour, shredded pepper jack cheese and 15 more