HALIBUT WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, and garlic in a bowl. Arrange halibuts in an 8-inch square baking dish. Pour marinade over the fish, coating it completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the broiler. Line the bottom and sides of a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade, and arrange the fillets atop the baking sheet. Pour the marinade into a heavy small saucepan. Broil the fillets until they are just cooked through and caramelized on top, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring the marinade to a boil and simmer until it thickens slightly and becomes syrupy, whisking often, about 15 minutes. Spoon off any excess oil from the sauce, if desired.
- Transfer the fillets to plates. Spoon the sauce over and around the fillets, and serve.
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH LEMONS, OLIVES AND ROSEMARY
Fish can be finicky dinner-party fare, especially for the distracted cook. Step away for a moment to sip your cocktail and your fillets might go from pearly to parched. This dish, though, inspired by one from Southern Italy, elegantly feeds a crowd. The fish, halibut, is seasoned with chile, salt and olive oil, then topped with rosemary, lemon and olives and roasted. It's a lighter main dish that won't leave anyone hungry.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, easy, quick, weekday, main course
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place fish in a baking dish, brush fillets with 1 teaspoon of oil and season with salt and chile pepper. Top each fillet with a rosemary branch and several slices of lemon. Drizzle remaining oil over lemon slices and sprinkle with additional salt. Scatter olives over fish and pan.
- Bake until just opaque, about 10 minutes. If lemon slices have not browned or singed (this will depend on how thinly you slice them), place pan under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve drizzled with more olive oil; sprinkle with more salt and chili, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 270, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 43 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 651 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
HALIBUT WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
So easy, great presentation and twist to fish. I've used other 3/4"-1" thick fish and recommend marinating the full 4 hours if possible. Recipe courtesy of Giada, Everyday Italian.
Provided by Southern Lady
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, and garlic.
- Arrange fish in an 8" sq baking dish and pour marinate over, coating completely.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line the bottom and sides of a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick oil.
- Remove fish, reserving the marinade, and arrange on baking sheet.
- Pour marinade into a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil and then back to a simmer for about 15 mins., stirring often.
- While sauce is simmering, broil the fish until they are just cooked through and carmelized on top, about 12 minutes (Watch last few minutes that you're not too close to the broiler and fish is burning).
- In small pan, sauce will thicken similar to a steak sauce. Spoon off any excess oil if preferred.
- Transfer fillets to plates, drizzle sauce lightly on top just for presentation to keep the eye appeal of the carmelization and then spoon more sauce around the fish. Serve.
HALIBUT WITH APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fish in a lightly sprayed (with cooking oil) shallow baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat stir together apricot preserves, garlic, orange peel, rosemary, salt and pepper until heated.
- Pour mixture over the fish and bake for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 682.2, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 70.3, Sodium 299.9, Carbohydrate 117.4, Fiber 1, Sugar 66.2, Protein 47.2
LEMON ROSEMARY MARINATED GRILLED HALIBUT
- Whisk together the wine, lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary in a small shallow baking dish. Add the halibut and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once. Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
APRICOT GLAZED HALIBUT WITH CRANBERRY CHUTNEY AND ROASTED RED POTATO SOFRITO
- Directions: -first start by making the chutney, in a sauce pot add the cranberries, wine, and sugar. Bring to a simmer and add the shallots, cranberry juice and again bring to a simmer and add the cornstarch, season to taste and bring to a boil, let reduce by ¼ and cool. For the halibut add the apricots and orange juice into a sauce pot, bring to a boil and add to food processor, pulse 6 times. Remove and hold. Season the halibut and sear to a golden brown on one side turn over and glaze with the apricot mixture. Place into 275 degree oven for 3 to 5 min. for the sofrito render the bacon and deglace the pan with the red wine, add the potatoes and sear to a golden brown, add onions, carrots, celery and saute for 3 to 5 min. and add the chicken stock and fresh herbs and saute for an additional 3 min. season to taste. Remove the halibut and glaze one last time. Place the sofrito in the center of the plate and place halibut on top, finish with a quenelle of the cranberry chutney.
More about "halibut with apricot rosemary glaze recipes"
APRICOT-GLAZED HALIBUT RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 10 mins
LEMON ROSEMARY ALASKAN HALIBUT RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
APRICOT MUSTARD GLAZE (GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE)- RED'S REALITY
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 275 per serving
- Pat salmon fillets dry with a napkin and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Slather the salmon skillets with the sauce. (You will have some left over for additional dipping after the salmon has cooked)
HALIBUT WITH ROSEMARY MAPLE GLAZE : HEALTHY RECIPES FROM ...
Cholesterol 36mg 12%Sodium 596mg 24%Saturated Fat 2g 10%Total Fat 8g 12%
HALIBUT WITH ROSEMARY MAPLE GLAZE - LOW SODIUM VERSION ...
Cholesterol 36mg 12%Sodium 445mg 17%Saturated Fat 2g 10%Total Fat 8g 12%
PACIFIC HALIBUT RECIPES - SUNSET.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HALIBUT WITH APRICOT PINEAPPLE GLAZE - COOKING WITH BRAVA ...
GRILLED SEAFOOD – THE KITCHEN KOACH
HOW TO COOK APPETIZING APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZED HALIBUT
HALIBUT WITH APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZE
SEAFOOD – THE KITCHEN KOACH
RECIPES WITH HALIBUT AND ROSEMARY (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
106 EASY AND TASTY APRICOT GLAZED RECIPES BY HOME COOKS ...
HALIBUT WITH APRICOT ROSEMARY GLAZE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HALIBUT WITH APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZE RECIPE
10 BEST APRICOT GLAZED FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: PERFECT APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZED HALIBUT - FOODKING
APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZED HALIBUT RECIPE BY BRMASON - …
HOW TO COOK APPETIZING APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZED HALIBUT ...
RECIPE: PERFECT APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZED HALIBUT - CSBSJULIB
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #fruit #seafood #oven #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #kid-friendly #kosher #fish #stove-top #dietary #citrus #oranges #saltwater-fish #halibut #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook halibut in the oven?Whisk together the wine, lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary in a small shallow baking dish. Add the halibut and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
How to cook halibut steak on the grill?Whisk together the wine, lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary in a small shallow baking dish. Add the halibut and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once. Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
What is halibut and what does it taste like?The fish, halibut, is seasoned with chile, salt and olive oil, then topped with rosemary, lemon and olives and roasted. It’s a lighter main dish that won’t leave anyone hungry. Featured in: Fish That You Can Invite To A Dinner Party .