CRANBERRY-WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES
White chocolate and cranberry, is there any more classic flavor combo when it comes to scone recipes? Try these breakfast scones to see why it's such a classic.
Provided by BHG Test Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter by repeatedly pushing down through the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (rotate the pastry blender and bowl to cut in uniformly). Use the back of a spoon to make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, the 3/4 cup cream, the cranberries, chopped white chocolate, and, if desired, orange peel. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing for 10 to 12 strokes or just until dough comes together (to ensure tender scones, be careful not to knead too much). Divide dough in half. Pat or lightly roll each half into a 6-inch circle. Cut each circle into six wedges.
- Place wedges 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush wedges with additional whipping cream. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on baking sheet. Drizzle with Orange Drizzle. Serve warm or at room temperature. Orange Drizzle
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar,1 tablespoon of the orange juice, and vanilla. Stir in additional orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach a drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 kcal, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 69 mg, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 286 mg, Sugar 16 g, Fat 14 g, UnsaturatedFat 5 g
CRANBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES
Washington State produces large numbers of cranberries. This delicious recipe featuring them is from the Inn at Barnum Point, Camano Island, Washington.
Provided by Julesong
Yield 8-16 scones
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl by hand or using an electric mixer, blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter.
- Add the half and half, beaten egg, cranberries (I like the dried ones), and the white chocolate chips, and stir until the dough holds together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 2 minutes.
- Form into a 1/2-inch thick round, then cut the round into 8 wedges (you can also make two smaller rounds of smaller wedges, if you like).
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil, then transfer the wedges to the sheet.
- Bake the scones at 400 degrees F for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES
A very tasty scone recipe that takes no time at all. Though the recipe calls for dried cranberries, I usually use a mix of dried cherries and berries for variety and often use more than the 1/2 cup called for. I also sprinkle turbinado sugar on the top for a bit of crunch. I specify cutting this in sixths, which makes a good size scone, but if you want smaller ones, try eighths and cut down on baking time.
Provided by chinasmom2000
Yield 6 scones, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs are formed.
- Stir in cranberries and chips.
- Whisk together egg and milk.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture. Stir together until moistened.
- Dust bread board or counter top with flour and turn the dough out.
- Fold the dough until it forms a large lump of dough.
- Pat the dough into a disk about 8 to 10 inches in diameter. Cut into 6 wedges (I use a pizza cutter) and place them on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving them a little room to spread ( I use parchment paper).
- Bake for 11 - 12 minutes or until they are golden. Place on a wire rack to cool.
WHITE CHOCOLATE-CRANBERRY SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries. Mix in buttermilk and egg until just combined and dough forms a shaggy ball.
- Roll out slightly and cut into 12 triangles. Place on the prepared baking tray. Brush each scone with a little cream and sprinkle with some coarse sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until barely golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.3 calories, Carbohydrate 28.5 g, Cholesterol 40.5 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 212 mg, Sugar 15.5 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP-CRANBERRY SCONES
My daughter started making these as a "healthy" alternative to cookies since we seem to like cookies of any kind. I've never been able to eat just one, so this recipe seemed perfect for us. -Nichole Jones, Idaho Falls, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and egg yolk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips., Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each scone on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 264mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES
Chocolate and dried cranberries add a rich flavor to these warm scones made using Original Bisquick® mix - a perfect bread recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in baking chips, cranberries and orange peel. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup whipping cream and the egg until blended. Stir into crumb mixture until dough forms.
- On lightly floured surface, gently knead dough 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, place rounds 1 inch apart. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon whipping cream; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 16 to 19 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 320 mg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, toss cranberries with sugar; add to flour mixture along with orange peel and nuts. Mix lightly.
- In another bowl, beat together cream and egg; slowly pour into dry ingredients, mixing with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead dough 4 or 5 times, being careful not to over handle. Divide dough in half. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Shape each half into a 6 inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place scones on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Carbohydrate 28.6 g, Cholesterol 31.3 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 173.6 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
More about "cranberry and white chocolate scones recipes"
PETITE WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES RECIPE | LAND …
4.9/5 (17)Calories 130 per servingServings 32
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in whipping cream; mix until dough holds together. Stir in cranberries and 3/4 cup white baking chips.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 to 10 times or until dough is smooth. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces; shape each piece into 8-inch log. Cut each log into 4 (2-inch) pieces; cut each piece in half diagonally to form small triangles.
- Place scones, at least 1 inch apart, onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool completely.
EASY CRANBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - TASTY KITCHEN
CRANBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES RECIPE - SOMEWHAT SIMPLE
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES | HOMESICK TEXAN
LEMON SCONES, LEMON WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES RECIPE
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - LET'S EAT CAKE
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND CRANBERRY SCONES! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES — BUNS IN MY OVEN
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES FOR CHRISTMAS MORNING
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - WITH TWO SPOONS
SCONES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE AND CRANBERRIES | RECIPE | KITCHEN …
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES | CHEW OUT LOUD
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - PLATING PIXELS
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - JAMIE GELLER
WHITE CHOCOLATE & CRANBERRY SCONES | CAKE 'N KNIFE
HOLIDAY WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - 31 DAILY
CRANBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - ANNIE'S NOMS
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - REAL FOOD WITH SARAH
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - AWAY FROM THE BOX
DRIED CRANBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - LEMOINE FAMILY …
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES • UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - PARSLEY AND ICING
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - XOXOBELLA
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY LEMON SCONES - WHISKING UP YUM
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - OLIVE AND ARTISAN
CRANBERRY ORANGE WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - COOK NOURISH BLISS
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
AMAZING WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - MOMSKOOP
ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE - CREATIONS BY KARA
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES — ELIZABETH RAYBOULD
AMAZING CRANBERRY ORANGE WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES
CRANBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - FUELING A SOUTHERN SOUL
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY SCONES - MYKITCHENESCAPADES.COM
FRESH CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - THE VIEW FROM GREAT …
CRANBERRY + WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES | BEARD + BLOOM
CRANBERRY-WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES WITH MACADAMIA NUTS AND A …
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES - DECORATING LIFE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breads #breakfast #fruit #american #oven #easy #holiday-event #kid-friendly #vegetarian #chocolate #dietary #thanksgiving #scones #comfort-food #pacific-northwest #brown-bag #quick-breads #brunch #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #small-appliance #mixer
You'll also love